TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

Quest futures:

Three dungeons.

A two screen overworld.

Lots of cool puzzles.

One new dungeon theme. Which is level 1.

A new item. The warp doll.

My goal of this was to make somewhat complex dungeons and make them small.

The only one I thought I did well with this is level 3.

k278hpP.png?1Do2HzGu.png?1fkvIE3n.png?1

Download link: http://www.mediafire...s of Hyrule.qst

#2 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:56 AM

I'm going to pass on this. A speed challenge that requires massive amounts of luck, to get enemies to line up, isn't a puzzle. If you want a speed challenge, you need to script the enemy patterns; and provide an on-screen clock. Sending the player back to the start at random, is simply not fun.

I should also mention that your carryovers are moving enemies through a warp.

If the screens weren't 'enemies always return', it might fare better, but as-is, it's not even worth my attempt at a rating: I find it to be, unplayable.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 18 August 2015 - 08:06 AM.

• Joelmacool and RedmageAdam like this

#3 Einsiety

Einsiety

~ Blaze Fielding ~

• Forum Moderators

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

Beat it in roughly an hour or so.

The 1st dungeon was fairly annoying as it was hard to see, and starting off a quest with an Ice Block Puzzle doesn't have its merrits, luckily, it wasn't the hardest puzzle in the world, so I was fine with it.

The second dungeon on the otherhand, while the gimmick was nice, it became far too easy to get lost at times.

The final dungeon was incredibly confusing to understand at first, but afterwards, became a bit simpler. Was still quite tedious though. Not to mention why are the enemies here weaker versions of the enemies in the 2nd dungeon? Seems very inconsistent.

Overall, it can only be described as "okay." The concepts are neat, but you seriously need to work on your execution, as well as your difficulty balance. While your at it, the quest feels like it draws far too much inspiration from Isle of Rebirth, causing it to not really feel like it has its own identity, I mean, the tileset choice, the SFX choice, and heck, even the subscreeen looks very IoR-like. While there's no problem with using these things, when it comes to especially the subscreen, it'd help to give the quest a better identity, to make it feel more unique.

2.5/5, it's decent, but that's really all I can say about it.

• Eddy likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:38 AM

Currently suffering through Level 3 and I've came across this room:

cyfjM8x.png?1

What am I supposed to do here?

Edit: Nevermind, quest beaten. Review below:

To start off, I can say that it was playable but I didn't really enjoy it at all. I understand that you love puzzles, but having to come across a puzzle after every room and the fact that all 3 dungeons are big puzzles was a huge turn off. While the puzzles were cool and unique, they just got really repetitive, boring and tedious after a while. The issue here is that the puzzles were all cool, but badly executed.

Another issue is that the gimmick of Level 1 is really annoying. A problem is that if you end up getting sent back to the start of the dungeon, the enemies carries over as well, meaning that I ended up getting hit by traps that got carried over. Another problem is that Level 3 is actually easier than Level 2 in terms of enemy difficulty, meaning that difficulty balance is an issue.

The overworld is very pointless. I don't really understand why you could just go from one dungeon to the next without having to go through one screen of the overworld. And finally, the abrupt ending was kinda out of nowhere. I was expecting a final boss or something, so having the quest to end just like that kinda killed it for me.

Overall, it's a promising quest, but there's just too many problems and got really annoying and repetitive. I'll give this quest a 0.5/5.

• Shane and RedmageAdam like this

#5 Shane

Shane

Average Quest Maker

• Members

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:51 AM

I'm sorry, but this quest is... something bad. I guess your puzzle philosophy is just not for me. It's too headache-inducing, cryptic and it feels artificially difficult. Making a game challenging is one thing, making it challenging through cheap exploits as nonsensical solutions, sucking out your enjoyment and making you go "...What?" is another. The dungeon design is predictable, it's just twists and turns complete with too much backtracking. It's also fairly unpolished, from the random pot/enemy respawns to the Z1 ending leaving you feeling unrewarded. This is just... no.

0.5/5

• Eddy and RedmageAdam like this

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrators

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

Review here. Was actually decent, and my rating is more like a 2.5, but I'm writing these reviews with the PureZC rating system in mind, so that became 3. While there were issues, yes, it was still fun to play, and in the end, that was all that mattered.

#7 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Beware my howl, foul villains!!!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:58 AM

The first level isn't that bad... once you realize that the ceiling protects you from the blizzard's effects.  It took me a while to realize this (and what that overhead layer even was for), but after I knew that, it was much simpler to figure out how to get through.

Currently suffering through Level 3 and I've came across this room:

cyfjM8x.png?1

What am I supposed to do here?

I'm stuck in that same room.  How did you figure it out?

I found that only one of the blocks can be pushed multiple times; not sure if I'm supposed to find a way to push a second block onto a hammer post???

#8 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:31 AM

Only one block can be moved far enough. If only there was just one switch.

#9 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:24 AM

I'm stuck in that same room.  How did you figure it out?

I found that only one of the blocks can be pushed multiple times; not sure if I'm supposed to find a way to push a second block onto a hammer post???

Not gonna lie, I kinda forgot the solution already XD

All I can remember though is that the solution is incredibly random and doesn't make much sense.

#10 Shane

Shane

Average Quest Maker

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:25 AM

The solution is to pound only ONE of the two pegs, then push the pushable block on it. Yeah, not going to lie, that's a little too cryptic and silly.

• Eddy and RedmageAdam like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users