CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

Rhapsody

Download here for ZC2.50.1

.Rhapsody_screen.png

Info:

Short dungeon romper and overworld exploration rolled into one. Doesn't require and has not lens of truth, anybody can wade through it, but it also has things to offer for those who like to get more things that the ones required to get to the end. Amazingly, there is only one ending. No active story that you should concern yourself with, but there eventually will be underlying plot.

Story:

A mysterious figure is having an adventure through dungeons and overworlds. Nothing that would overload your brains this time.

For that, there will be the optional parts of BBV.

Download link again:

Download here for ZC2.50.1

• Lightwulf likes this

#2 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:18 PM

A CC game, with no lens, story, perplexing endings? What!?

Eppy will be unable to rant. Rather, Eppy will have no legitimate rants...or at least I would hope. :D

I'll give it a whirl.

#3 Einsiety

Einsiety

~ Blaze Fielding ~

• Forum Moderators

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

So I used a key on the lockblock in the area called life, what do I do there?

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:20 AM

A CC game, with no lens, story, perplexing endings? What!?

Is this joke, or still the hoax that all my quests are with lens, big story and perplexing endings? As I keep saying, most of my quests are small. Besides, these kind of quests are better way to go. (Though adding something fun/unique at an ending usually doesn't come with cost.)

So I used a key on the lockblock in the area called life, what do I do there?

Shoot an arrow into the eyeball there. The quiver, bow and arrow are equally spread around the edges of the overworld mass you can explore around.

#5 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:23 AM

Is this joke, or still the hoax that all my quests are with lens, big story and perplexing endings? As I keep saying, most of my quests are small. Besides, these kind of quests are better way to go. (Though adding something fun/unique at an ending usually doesn't come with cost.)

Just sarcasm CC, partially aimed at Eppy. I've yet to see any absolutely bonkers triggers here, for the record. You did snag an idea that I had for TGC, as I was going to do something similar for digging through walls, and other solid objects, but I never really developed that into LoE. I felt it'd just add to the number of tasks, if a player needed a full mining qarsenal in the game.

It fit into the theme of TGC though, so I may revisit it one day.

Shoot an arrow into the eyeball there. The quiver, bow and arrow are equally spread around the edges of the overworld mass you can explore around.

Overworld? You mean the 'wall' area? I've made it partway through the opening area, and that pick-axe thing is...evil. Anyhow, I'm stumped over a missing key, and am wishing for your old maps system, that illuminated the key locations, as after wandering for a bit, I had to move on for the day. I'll pick it up again in a day or two, and see what I make of it..

I'm enjoying the simplified tileset, that still manages to have pleasing aesthetics. I also appreciate that the spikes aren't 32-hearts. :P

• Lightwulf likes this

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

I had the idea of using the shovel as a pickaxe ever since the earliest shovel script's surfacing in 2006's end or so. Though I had such ideas even before knowing ZC, while planning some LttP-ish game in myself.

And no, the answer to Nexas is actually about an area you ahven't seen yet.

And the lack of key illuminating map is one of the effects of this being "just" a 2 week contest entry. A "full" quest would have had better and more mechanics, among other things. Then again, without this contest, I wouldn't even have started making this quest. That is the use of such contests.

Edited by CastChaos, 17 August 2015 - 09:40 AM.

#7 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

This is a really fun quest and very different than you'd expect. Though it's short, it contains clever puzzles, tough battles, innovative gameplay and pleasant graphics. It's not over complicated and things are quite easy to figure out, but it was still puzzling usually, simply because one wouldn't expect the secrets in this quest. I would definitely recommend playing this!

rhapsodysubscreen.png

My subscreen at the ending.

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 18 August 2015 - 03:54 PM.

• CastChaos and Lightwulf like this

#8 Einsiety

Einsiety

~ Blaze Fielding ~

• Forum Moderators

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:52 PM

What may seem logical to you may not be logical to others, as such, my time playing this quest was not the best.

I'm not particularly fond of random Patras, and hiding very important items in seemingly random parts of the overworld doesn't seem like good design to me. 2.5/5, good luck on any future projects you do.

#9 Avataro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:18 AM

So I got stuck after getting the pickaxe I think. I've explored all the places I could find that you needed that item for, but now I'm lost. xD I wonder how big this quest actually is? I'm not sure about throwing the player into a dungeon with no context and whatnot.

#10 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

Well, this was definitely something. It was pretty cool actually. It had some really interesting ideas with cool puzzles and items. I especially did like the bracelet item. It was really cool lifting up rocks, and I don't think I've seen that used in any other completed quest yet.

Screen design was generally alright, with a few errors and odd design choices here and there, but most of it was pretty appealing to look at. My only issues is that the difficulty balance is a bit out of whack. One room you can find Blue Darknuts, and then later on you come across Octoroks. I dunno what's going on with that, but all those random enemy choices hurt the difficulty balance by a lot. Furthermore, I noticed that there were quite a few illogical design choices (such as using a boomerang on a skull, or having water floating on a sky), but other than that, there weren't that many.

Overall, it's a pretty interesting quest. There are a few things I don't really agree with, but overall it's good. I'd give it a 3/5. Good work.

#11 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

You can use the pickaxe to mine away the blocks in the lower outer area which you access through the hole one screen right of the start. You get a key out of it. There are two other items, both giving a key and you get them in any order. Have you bombed the east wall two screens east from the start?

Eddy:

I used the exact same pick up script in BBIV: Guardian Mother. There was a kind of picking up ability in 1-2 GB quests, too, but this fleshed out one is used only by me and Judasrising. Having this pick up script be an innate ability right from start would have been one of the things making BBV very modern, but with so many very awesome very custom things around, not much can stand out anymore.

Water in sky? Sure illogical in reality or something that takes place in contemporal reality. But this is a game with magic, how you know it doesn't take place in a world where this is actually an everyday natural occurence? The real reason is that I participated in this 2 week thing especially to went out some surreal ideas. I didn't use enough, though...

But seriously, I always liked the idea of water mass in the air. I sometimes think of it in real situations, too.

• Eddy and Lightwulf like this

#12 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

Water in sky? Sure illogical in reality or something that takes place in contemporal reality. But this is a game with magic, how you know it doesn't take place in a world where this is actually an everyday natural occurence? The real reason is that I participated in this 2 week thing especially to went out some surreal ideas. I didn't use enough, though...

But seriously, I always liked the idea of water mass in the air. I sometimes think of it in real situations, too.

Fair enough, it's still illogical to me though :P

But yeah, that Bracelet item is really making me want to get into scripting. One day though. One day.

#13 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

Floating water in the sky? Mario and Kirby games both do it =P

#14 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

Actually, I originally intended exactly that kind of abstract. Like when question mark blocks and brick float in the sky. Something like Valami, just more surreal. Instead, it became less surreal. Maybe the tileset confused me, since right when I started to make the first screen (after I spent a hour to set everything up, including scripts) I realized there were fewer tiles in it than I expected. So I moved more and more towards "Classic".

#15 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Beware my howl, foul villains!!!

• Members

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:14 AM

Nice little quest you have there! :)  It's been interesting to play.

However, I can't find the quiver anywhere!!! I got the arrow, bow, flippers, wand, book, even the key... but I can't reach any other screens.  I was able to go back to the tower and get the better sword.  Not sure if there's anything back in the tower that i need...  :lazy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users