Coolgamer's Submission

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TheBlueTophat

TheBlueTophat

🔸

• Members

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:35 PM

Oh hey, look at that, I finished a quest that probably is waaay better than then that one I made in last years (couple years?) two week contest. Lets not speak of it again.

Anyway, I actually bugtested this time! I have some pits that I tested, but might be a bit buggy, so hopefully they don't break. Oh and have some screenshots:

yH5tbKN.png

6Sd4IXE.png

UZT8ToR.png

This quest is very short, with only 1 dungeon and not much of an overworld, but this is what I could make in a couple of days. To help make up for the lack of much.. quest, I made some customish enemies.

Also the sword isn't a turd.

Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox....ontest.qst?dl=0

Thankyou everyone for hopefully playing mah quest, nd plz r8 8/8, dun h8.

Edited by Coolgamer012345, 15 August 2015 - 06:27 PM.

#2 Einsiety

Einsiety

~ Blaze Fielding ~

• Forum Moderators

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:13 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and rate this a 2/5, since I played through it from start to finish, and it wasn't that great.

Final Thoughts

#3 TheBlueTophat

TheBlueTophat

🔸

• Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

Alrighty. Also, I "watched"* the stream. The quest SHOULD of been beatable, I even tested it and the door opened. Not sure if the download link didn't update or what.

*my god awful internet had constant stream stuttering, so I missed some of it

Edit: Updated the download link.

Edited by Coolgamer012345, 15 August 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#4 BigJoe

BigJoe

It LOOKS like Hyrule..!

• Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and rate this a 2/5, since I played through it from start to finish, and it wasn't that great.

Final Thoughts

9263bb83306d2efebc7d5c04f9e587ee.jpg

Anyway, played the quest, I give it a 2.5/5 for effort.

#5 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:38 AM

I'm going to go ahead, and say either 2/5, or 3/10. The enemies were creative, but some of them were quite unfair. The extra shooters in the final boss room were absolutely unfair; and beating the boss did nothing. The door never opened, playing on 2.50.1 (Build 28).

I wasted some time after killing the boss, pushing statues, and blocks, to no avail. I did find two HCs, so I suppose that's 100%.

#6 TheBlueTophat

TheBlueTophat

🔸

• Members

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:04 AM

As I said, I updated the quest, so it SHOULD work now. I may update the boss sometime. I thought that since it merely wandered around, that it might help to have something to shoot at the player.

#7 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:53 AM

Doesn't updating the file, past the deadline, invalidate the entry?

#8 TheBlueTophat

TheBlueTophat

🔸

• Members

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:11 AM

Shit, it might. (as of writing this post) just checked, and as far as I can tell, I have only fixed the door bug so far. Nothing else looks different.

#9 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

Shit, it might. (as of writing this post) just checked, and as far as I can tell, I have only fixed the door bug so far. Nothing else looks different.

You should discuss it with the staff. Ordinarily, it would invalidate an entry, but you can request special permission to update a minor bug.

#10 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

I forgot to ask: Is there anything, after that boss; or is that the end of the game?

#11 TheBlueTophat

TheBlueTophat

🔸

• Members

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:38 PM

I forgot to ask: Is there anything, after that boss; or is that the end of the game?

*spoiler alert* Nope, it's just the end of the game.

#12 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:55 AM

I got to admit, this wasn't really a great quest. For one, the quest was really short, so there wasn't much to see and the quest felt pretty limited. Furthermore, the difficulty was way too high with all of those unfair enemies. It really wasn't fun going into a dungeon with just 4 hearts (5 counting that secret) and having to fight all of those OP enemies with just a Wooden Sword. At that point, it was more frustrating than actually challenging. Lastly, the boss of the dungeon was just too much for me. Again, same complaint as before with the difficulty.

Overall, the only good things I can say about this quest is that the screen design was pretty decent, and some of the enemy designs looked cool. Besides that, the rest of the quest was horribly unbalanced, with one of the worst dungeon entrances I've ever seen in a quest. I'd have to give this a 1/5.

(I'm glad TNB isn't like this :P)

#13 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

I got to admit, this wasn't really a great quest. For one, the quest was really short, so there wasn't much to see and the quest felt pretty limited. Furthermore, the difficulty was way too high with all of those unfair enemies. It really wasn't fun going into a dungeon with just 4 hearts (5 counting that secret) and having to fight all of those OP enemies with just a Wooden Sword. At that point, it was more frustrating than actually challenging. Lastly, the boss of the dungeon was just too much for me. Again, same complaint as before with the difficulty.

Overall, the only good things I can say about this quest is that the screen design was pretty decent, and some of the enemy designs looked cool. Besides that, the rest of the quest was horribly unbalanced, with one of the worst dungeon entrances I've ever seen in a quest. I'd have to give this a 1/5.

Actually, it's six hearts. You missed a secret. :PYou

r conclusion, otherwise, is the dame as my own. All the joy in this miniquest is devoured by the boss.

#14 TheBlueTophat

TheBlueTophat

🔸

• Members

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:10 PM

Does that refer to the mere brown rock with some fire, or the intro dungeon screen that has the traps?

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrators

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

Review here. It's too short, doesn't really offer anything new, and doesn't do anything with its neat concept. :shrug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users