The 2015 Summer Two-Week Quest Contest
In case you don't know, the two-week contest is a contest in which participants have two weeks to create a custom quest using ZQuest. After the deadline, the community votes for their favorite quest in a poll after they’ve played the quest.
David (me) and Russ
You have from now until August 1st to plan out your quest if you so choose. Quest development will take place from August 1st to August 15th. On August 16th, the quests will be released to the database. Finally, on August 30th, a poll will be opened to the public for voting and will remain open for two weeks. Winners will be determined after that.
- The quest must be made with ZQ 2.50 or 2.50.1. Please do not use any RC versions as we want to keep things as streamlined and standardized as possible.
- You may receive feedback from others if you so desire while making the quest.
- Any tileset, tile, script, and piece of music that is available in the database may be used.
- You may create your own tilesets, tiles, scripts, and music to use in your quest.
- Do not start working on your quest until August 1st. If not, people will view it as unfair.
Post in this topic if you are interested in participating! I will add you to the list of participants below. You may change your mind about participation at any time. Once August 1st hits, start working!
Current Participants [Updated August 10th 12:51pm PDT]
- Plan ahead. You have a very long time before the contest actually starts. Plan overworld/dungeon designs on paper, write down your story, write a list of ideas that you want to implement, and gather all your tiles, tilesets, music, and scripts beforehand. This will help you tremendously when the contest actually starts as then all you will have to do is create your quest following the preparation you have made.
- Do not think too big. Do not overwhelm yourself with something you will not be able to complete in 2 weeks (14 days).
- Have fun! This contest is not meant to be stressful; just have fun and you will do great.
Since there is now a dedicated subforum for this contest, we no longer require the main site's database to submit quests. Instead, submissions will occur in a similar manner to that of the ZC Expo. Basically, once you are completely done creating the quest, you must create a topic in this subforum. In that topic, format everything for how you want people to view your submission as there are no restrictions on the format. Basically, design it the way you want to or in a way that suits your quest.
There are a few things to keep in mind, however:
- Please upload your images to photo-sharing websites such as imgur. PureZC will not be hosting the images.
- Hide your signature. It's more professional.
- Editing Procedures: If you need to edit your submission post, either contact me or Russ or just simply create a new submission and we will take care of things for you.
Finally, all submission topics are due when the quest development period finishes (August 15th at 12:00am PDT). We will probably be somewhat loose on this, however, as we understand that creating the topic is pretty much last minute in most cases.
Thank you and we are eager to see everyone's quests!