The 2015 Summer Two-Week Quest Contest

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#31 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

With the tileset creation, does that include making any custom tiles for an existing one? Like if I wanted to make say a custom Link or have different mountain tiles to add better variety, that's all fair game? I'm assuming any subscreen edits would have to wait until the contest starts though.

All of this is acceptable. Subscreen edits will be allowed. Basically what we don't want you to do is start making screens in ZQuest, cuz that wouldn't be fair.

#32 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

I guess I'll enter. Will I finish this time? Probably not!

#33 Einsiety

Einsiety

~ Blaze Fielding ~

• Forum Moderators

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

Just checked the time.

> Contest starts on August 1st.

Welp, count me in formally, I'll be done with Summer School by then.

#34 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

You know what? Count me in on this! I'll give it a try,

• Logos likes this

#35 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:41 AM

I will be joining in on this contest. See if I can produce something interesting during the timeframe.

#36 RedTribeLink

RedTribeLink

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

Quick question.  Can we also create our custom items and/or enemies before the contest begins, whether they are scripted or non-scripted?

#37 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

This one I'm actually not entirely certain about; it's beginning to blur the line between getting ready to make a quest and actually making one a bit. I want to talk about it with David before I give an official answer, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get ahold on him, seeing as he's on vacation right now. I'll do my best to contact him, and if i can't I'll have an answer for you tomorrow.

Edit: As luck would have it, he got online just as I posted this. After reviewing the rules, we've decided it wouldn't be fair to disallow people from making enemies, scripted or enemy editor, seeing as we allowed scripts in the rules. You are free to make enemies.
  • RedTribeLink likes this

#38 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

The Giraffe

• Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

This one I'm actually not entirely certain about; it's beginning to blur the line between getting ready to make a quest and actually making one a bit. I want to talk about it with David before I give an official answer, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get ahold on him, seeing as he's on vacation right now. I'll do my best to contact him, and if i can't I'll have an answer for you tomorrow.

I think we ought to be able to. Since some tilesets come with new enemies and items that aren't in 2.5 by default, it seems unfair to say that we can use those (which have been made in advance) but not make our own in advance.

#39 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

too high for the grocery store

• Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

Sure, sign me up.  I've got some ideas and this could be fun.

#40 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:00 PM

I think we ought to be able to. Since some tilesets come with new enemies and items that aren't in 2.5 by default, it seems unfair to say that we can use those (which have been made in advance) but not make our own in advance.

Pst, check the edit to that post. :P

Also, 19 people have entered so far. If even only a quarter of them finish, we'll still have a decent turnout. Nice to see so many people interested.

#41 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

The Giraffe

• Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

Pst, check the edit to that post. :P

Also, 19 people have entered so far. If even only a quarter of them finish, we'll still have a decent turnout. Nice to see so many people interested.

Puuurrrfect. :D

#42 RedTribeLink

RedTribeLink

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

Edit: As luck would have it, he got online just as I posted this. After reviewing the rules, we've decided it wouldn't be fair to disallow people from making enemies, scripted or enemy editor, seeing as we allowed scripts in the rules. You are free to make enemies.

Cool, thanks!  So does that mean that item creation is not allowed beforehand?  I kind of figured that since scripting can apply to items as well, it would be ok, but I just wanted to make sure.

#43 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:22 PM

Yes, you can make items as well, scripted or non-scripted.

#44 RedTribeLink

RedTribeLink

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

All righty!  Thank you for the information!

#45 RedmageAdam

RedmageAdam

The Protector of Emotions

• Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

So pretty much Russ, to sum it up, you can do pretty much anything pre-contest save for actually making screens, right?

In other news, I wrote down my intro story and am thinking about how I want to incorporate everything. I'm going to try my hardest to make a good story instead of just having the character go through dungeons for no reason other than just because. I think I'll begin tomorrow after work on how I want the game to play out and maybe start working on the tileset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users