Forbidden Ascent V2

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:54 AM

So hey, I'm only six months late this time. Forbidden Ascent Version 2 is now released!

For those who have never played before, Forbidden Ascent is a platformer game with Metroidvania elements. It features a cast of three playable characters and entirely scripted items. For those who have played before, you can find a preview of several of the update's new features here. The length of the game has been roughly doubled from its original release. You can input your name as "Caelan" to play an alternate game mode, though I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you've already seen the main story.

The quest can be downloaded here. Be sure to grab the music! This thread can serve as a general help thread. Who has what it takes to find and clear all twenty hidden challenges?
  • Neppy, Avaro, Aevin and 2 others like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

I'm past the point of where I played the original version. I have to say, still no fan of the grapple hook. It's hard to jump off of.

Oh hey, I beat this thing with no hits :O Though, to be fair, I got lucky with it's attacks.

Spoiler

Doesn't seem like I was supposed to get here though. I had to tank through spikes. Seems like I'm missing an ability to ride enemies?

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:14 PM

Doesn't seem like I was supposed to get here though. I had to tank through spikes. Seems like I'm missing an ability to ride enemies?

Yeah, there's two items you can use to get over there without having to tank (though tanking works, I guess). There's one you can find in the desert caves if you keep heading left, and another you can find in the magma tubes a little right of the start. You can beat the game with either one, but you'll need at least one of them to clear the next tower.

Oh, congrats on beating him with no hits!

Regarding the grapple, I'm sorry to hear you're still not a fan. Is it at least better than it was originally?
  • Avaro likes this

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Regarding the grapple, I'm sorry to hear you're still not a fan. Is it at least better than it was originally?

I just find it hard to get upwards velocity from jumping off, except when at the very top where you'll always jump. But yes it is better!

#5 Regios

Regios

Mischievous hellion

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

So, I have cleared the main quest and I think I have almost everything that can be gotten during it, but there is this ONE thing that I still can't obtain.

It's right on this spot.

Spoiler

It's probably a heart container, since I only have to get one more before having 1000 HP, but, for the love of me, I have no freaking idea of how to get it.

Edited by Regios, 19 June 2017 - 06:17 PM.

#6 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

So, I have cleared the main quest and I think I have almost everything that can be gotten during it, but there is this ONE thing that I still can't obtain.

It's right on this spot.

Spoiler

It's probably a heart container, since I only have to get one more before having 1000 HP, but, for the love of me, I have no freaking idea of how to get it.

Not a heart container, that's post game content. Keep in mind each world has 3 heart containers, 2 in the overworld and 1 in the tower. How many heart containers have you found in each world? 

Spoiler

#7 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

Yeah, as Dimentio said. I'd skip that particular item for now. The solution to it should become apparent to you later.

#8 Regios

Regios

Mischievous hellion

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

Oooookay. I went to the frozen crater and found the heart container I still hadn't gotten. Now I have 1000 HP.

Also, I'm already in the post-game, and I still can't figure out what to do on that spot at the beginning, hahaha! XD

#9 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

I see you have Caelan. Was this a Caelan mode run, or did you get him in the post-game? If it's the latter, he should have said something about exploring the desert. If it's the former, you should head back to the ice village and visit Emily.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:04 PM

I see you have Caelan. Was this a Caelan mode run, or did you get him in the post-game? If it's the latter, he should have said something about exploring the desert. If it's the former, you should head back to the ice village and visit Emily.

Actually, even if you're doing Caelan mode, it reverts to Emily mode after beating Bastille, so yes, he's found Caelan. :P

For post-game, your main goal is collected the data-disks and beating the challenges they contain. There's three hidden in each "world", plus one in the Eternal Engine and one that you probably passed shortly before then. There's also a hidden bonus dungeon, which an NPC located pretty close to Caelan's house will steer you towards.

#11 Regios

Regios

Mischievous hellion

• Members

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:30 AM

Okay. That's good to know! I have the three disks on the frozen crater and on the pyramid... I guess that

Spoiler

I would also like to note, I did a double take when I discovered that

Spoiler

#12 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:07 AM

Regarding bonus dungeon ...

#13 Regios

Regios

Mischievous hellion

• Members

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

Okay, so I have finished the bonus dungeon and I have almost all of the challenge disks.

That said... I'm not sure if there is a bug with one of the challenges, or if I am just not playing it right.

Spoiler

Edited by Regios, 20 June 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Spoiler

#15 Regios

Regios

Mischievous hellion

• Members

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:58 PM

Hey, guys! I just wanted to say, I hate you! Some of these challenges are hard but fair, but others, like Dimented, are evil incarnate! :D

In all seriousness, tho, I love this quest, even if the post-game is so insanely hard. Kudos to you guys!

• Russ and Deedee like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users