• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

How do Z1 Shops/Caves work?

They seem to use one of the screens (80-87) on that map as a background, but how do they know which one?

I looked at an example first quest, and the tile warp wasn't even set to a relevant screen (it was set to a Map that didn't exist in fact).

#2 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

As far as I understand it, Z1 Caves use screen 80 on the map that the entrance is on, whether you like it or not (which I found out the hard way when I tried to use a different screen).

Item Cellars also use screen 80, but Link enters from the top left, and passageways use 81. No clue how it chooses which side to enter from for those, though.

This is all based on my memory of experiences I've had, not any proper testing (or, I guess, decompiling and looking a thee source code), so I could be wrong about this.

• Anthus likes this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:39 PM

ZC uses screen 80 for caves/ shops *if* it's an NES OW with a "Cave/ Item Cellar" warp. Afaik, you don't need to set a screen/ map destination since the d-map type determines if it's an item cellar, or cave, and these always use screen 80 of that map. Warp type determines how Link will enter. Passage ways use screen 81, and are triggered only by "passageway" warp types. Item cellars use screen 80 on "NES dungeon" d-maps.

And screen 83 is the "NES dungeon template" screen that ZC uses if you use the template.

At least I think that's how it works.

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

Alright, I was thinking maybe the system used whichever of the 80-87 screens as backgrounds you chose, but guess not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users