Zelda Classic 2.50.2

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#271 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:45 AM

Today when I went to right-click a tile to make it 8-bit I didn't get the right-click pop-up menu. I don't think I've seen that happen before. Any idea what might be going on?

EDIT:

Oh. Control-click. Sorry.

Edited by Cukeman, 02 January 2018 - 12:46 AM.

• Avaro likes this

#272 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:26 AM

There's lots of nice un-obvious shortcuts in ZQ like that. It'd be good to have a list.

#273 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

There's lots of nice un-obvious shortcuts in ZQ like that. It'd be good to have a list.

Like the "ZQuest Shortcuts" thread linked to in my sig?

• ShadowTiger and Avaro like this

#274 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

(Mac version 2.50.2)

Normally, to set up a treasure chest you set the room type to Special Item, then set the Special Item to the contents of the chest (let's say a Shield). This works fine.

However, I also want a Message String to play every time you enter this room.

But when I add a Guy set to "Empty" and a Message String to that same room, then the item is drawn in center of the room when I enter, regardless of where I place the chest. After taking the Shield (from the center of the room or the chest) the string will never appear again.

So then I set the Special Item to "none" and the Room Type to "none", and when I test it out again, not only does the chest work properly this time, but the Message String also appears every time I enter the room.

So, using this "method" I achieved exactly what I wanted, but I wonder if it's a bug because the file isn't saving the fact that I set the Special Item to "none". Part of me wants to believe this was left in as a workaround to have both a chest and a reappearing Message String on the same screen, but it also seems likely that not saving the Special Item as "none" is probably a bug. So I thought I'd mention it.

#275 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:50 AM

You should just need a room guy to have a message string. Room type is optional.

#276 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:01 PM

The point is you need to set a Special Item to get the chest to work, and you can't even select a Special Item until you set a Room Type.

And once selected, you can't overwrite that Special Item with "none".

If Room Type wasn't necessary, then I should be able to select the Special Item without setting a room type, but I cannot because it's grayed out (until I set a Room Type).

Edited by Cukeman, 13 January 2018 - 08:02 PM.

#277 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

I was trying to make a sword that is removed upon use, or costs rupees, but i couldn't get it to work.

I'm guessing this is a feature that hasn't been implemented yet, rather than a bug, but Zoria thought I should mention it.

#278 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:35 AM

I was trying to make a sword that is removed upon use, or costs rupees, but i couldn't get it to work.

I'm guessing this is a feature that hasn't been implemented yet, rather than a bug, but Zoria thought I should mention it.

Tentatively fixed for 2.53.0b13 and 2.54a22. 

Let's hope that this doesn't create quest bugs elsewhere, if people used sword class items with a cost. At the least, it is safe in 2.54, but if it causes compatibility issues in 2.53.0, I may need to remove it from that build. 

#279 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

I've already mentioned that in Zelda Classic (2.50.2 Mac) sometimes Link gets stuck walking in a direction when you let go of the directional key, and the only way to get him to stop is to tap the direction he is moving in. What I learned today is this same thing happens when scrolling the View Map section of ZQuest

Edited by Cukeman, 21 February 2018 - 02:18 PM.

#280 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

This same thing happens in 2.5.3 on Windows, but not 2.5.2. It's happened to both me and Evan recently. If I recall, Zoria thought it was most likely due to a change made to fix the bug that caused ZC to start rejecting keyboard inputs after being open for too long. Fix one thing, break another.

#281 CSD

CSD

• Members

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:12 AM

I finally got around to trying that build Gleeok posted. It can be a bit of an inconsistent thing but I played for about 10 minutes and didn't notice any slowdown. To verify this thing you'd need Win 10 with anniversary update, and then pretty-much close everything else while you just play ZC. Just messing around with your windows or merely having any kind of video open and not even playing in the background could cause it to not occur. So anyway it feels like it's probably gone, but it's hard to be sure. Did you actually change anything in that build that could have fixed it?

• Gleeok likes this

#282 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:52 AM

I finally got around to trying that build Gleeok posted. It can be a bit of an inconsistent thing but I played for about 10 minutes and didn't notice any slowdown. To verify this thing you'd need Win 10 with anniversary update, and then pretty-much close everything else while you just play ZC. Just messing around with your windows or merely having any kind of video open and not even playing in the background could cause it to not occur. So anyway it feels like it's probably gone, but it's hard to be sure. Did you actually change anything in that build that could have fixed it?

Thank you for testing it! I waited for months for somebody to test it! :)

So the FPS is more consistently good then and you don't need to have youtube open in the background anymore (among other weird things)? I am still skeptical but hopefully someone else can confirm it or not.

The change should be in the newer 2.53 builds as well.

#283 CSD

CSD

• Members

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

I dunno if this has anything to do with anything but I'll say it anyway uh...

I was getting some really bad screen tearing in 2.50.2 during fast movement... Like it looks gross, often. So IDK what "vsync" is but it sounded like it could be it so I tried flipping the bit on that option. Anyway I couldn't get the screen tearing to come back after restarting, actually, vsync or otherwise, so IDK what the deal was there but, with vsync on I got 40-50fps, even though I could turn off the frame limit and get almost 200... and this time no amount of playing youtube videos in the background would fix it. IDK if it's related but it's interesting that turning that option on resulted in similar symptoms.

Edited by CSD, 11 March 2018 - 02:26 PM.

#284 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

I am also getting what can be described as screen tearing on 2.5.2. Whenever I scroll, there is always a section of the screen somewhere (usually towards the left edge of the screen) that does not scroll at the right time

Edited by Orithan, 11 March 2018 - 05:23 PM.

#285 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

I'm not really an expert on this, but I feel like screen tearing is more common when using fullscreen, or having the game run in a scaled resolution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users