Photo

Screenshot of the Week 338

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (77 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#91 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

In the end though, this is irrelevant. Let's not get to the throwing insults phase this time.

#92 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

Please cut it out guys, this Screenshot of the Week has bee troublesome enough already.

And just so I don't get misinterpreted, it's not the entries that are the problem.

#93 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

I voted for Rover. The reason for this being that it is my favorite, and also because doing so seems to upset people.

#94 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

I agree that rover's shot is neat. But... Its not really a screen. I mean, it is a screen, but all I see in it is an assload of Link sprites on the ground. Not really bashing or anything, but it didn't seem like anything special to me. I sort of assumed it was some kind of joke entry. *shrugs*

I am honestly astounded that he's got enough votes to put him in the lead. If it had been something more interesting (Say maybe all of the sprites being eyeball statues, looking at the real Link), and maybe functional as well, say as a dungeon shot with mirrors on the floor or something to reflect Link that many times, then I could see it recieving so many votes.

*Catches sudden inspiration and scurries off to mess around in ZQuest.*

Edited by Master Maniac, 29 September 2011 - 11:00 PM.

#95 Mudkipz

Mudkipz

Lurking Khajiit

• Members

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

I voted for Twilight_Knight. While Rover's is definately unique, the Pokemon mountains and trees made Twilight_Knight's screen stand out in my opinion.

#96 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

Just to make a note, considering how things have gone in this more popular than usual SotW topic (7 pages, right?). This contest, like all other SotW's, is perfectly fair, because it is based on voting. One man, one vote, right? While I don't agree with the plurality here on their choice, their choice is still their choice, and should be accepted no matter what any of us think of it. And I agree that it's not the entries that are the problem.

#97 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Sep 30 2011, 09:14 AM) View Post

Just to make a note, considering how things have gone in this more popular than usual SotW topic (7 pages, right?). This contest, like all other SotW's, is perfectly fair, because it is based on voting. One man, one vote, right? While I don't agree with the plurality here on their choice, their choice is still their choice, and should be accepted no matter what any of us think of it. And I agree that it's not the entries that are the problem.

Probably a bit late to sugest this, but maybe you can lock the topic early and if anyone wants to comment on the screens, they can PM a staff member for approval?

#98 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Sep 30 2011, 05:22 PM) View Post

Probably a bit late to sugest this, but maybe you can lock the topic early and if anyone wants to comment on the screens, they can PM a staff member for approval?

Why would that be needed or appropriate even? Let people fail if they insist on. They will learn from their faults, probably. Or they will not in which case we all know what's going to come next. In the end we will dispose of a few unlikeable members or they will change into likeable members, Link will marry Zelda and everybody will be happy again.

It's been long, since I've kept track so much of the SotW topic! At one point, I thought Rover's victory was in danger, but currently I think Rover's going to make the race. Haven't been that proud of PZC for a while. :3

#99 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

The consideration of locking the topic never even crossed my mind. There have been issues, but not enough to warrant that. The situation with one individual, which was the closest possibility toward that, was already addressed in a way to deem that completely unnecessary, considering it was just one person. Comments on screens are perfectly okay and should be expected in a topic like this. Making comments is not a problem, nor is having an opinion of any type. All that matters is how those opinions are expressed. The "what" is never the issue. It's the "how" that can be.

#100 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

I actually didnt vote for Rover because I thought it was funny or because I know him from IRC.

I voted for him because it seems to be making some sort of bizarre statement. Like that one of the Links is breaking out of the matrix, while all the other Links remain facing downwards.

In a way, it parallels what is going on here.

Epic, in my opinion.

After years of people focusing on making screens that don't seem to be part of a real quest or are too showoffy, this happens.

#101 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:34 AM

I voted for Jared. I enjoyed Twilight_Knight's shot too, but in the end it just wasn't as good (though neither were particularly breathtaking).

I just didn't understand Rover's entry. It's obviously not meant to be taken seriously, but even as a joke shot I don't see the humour. icon_shrug.gif At first I thought it might've been a comment on the criticism ZQuest shots sometimes get (some people won't vote for a screen that doesn't feature at least Link and a subscreen), but if that were the case there should have been more subscreens too... and maybe like a "Yo dawg, I herd u liek subscreens..." meme or something icon_razz.gif

#102 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Oct 1 2011, 02:34 AM) View Post

I voted for Jared. I enjoyed Twilight_Knight's shot too, but in the end it just wasn't as good (though neither were particularly breathtaking).

I just didn't understand Rover's entry. It's obviously not meant to be taken seriously, but even as a joke shot I don't see the humour. icon_shrug.gif At first I thought it might've been a comment on the criticism ZQuest shots sometimes get (some people won't vote for a screen that doesn't feature at least Link and a subscreen), but if that were the case there should have been more subscreens too... and maybe like a "Yo dawg, I herd u liek subscreens..." meme or something icon_razz.gif

I think you're looking too deeply into it. The joke is seriously right in front of your eyes in the topic poll. Rover's shot has what I call the winning effect. A few people vote for it and then the rest like myself follow like sheep, which is what makes it funny. With every vote, Rover's shot gets funnier and funnier.

#103 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

Wait wait wait.

I gave Rover a vote because I thought the entry deserved at least 1.

And that thing is actually *winning*?

#104 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

Sorry, but Rover's screen doesn't deserve to be the winner this week. This is screenshot of the week not parody of the week with little to no efforts.

#105 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

Rover - 28 votes = [41.79%]
Jared - 8 votes = [11.94%]
Lightwulf - 3 votes = [4.48%]
Twilight_Knight - 25 votes = [37.31%]
linktopower - 3 votes = [4.48%]
Total Votes: 67

Rover