Issues with Link Tile Modifiers with Power Bracelet and GB Shield scri

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

(Hopefully this belongs under the Scripting Discussion forum. :P ) So, I've ran into a little issue here with the mentioned scripts, and I think the problem lies in the GB Shield one. Why so? Because, if I don't have any shields equipped, the script draws Link's sprites for grabbing, pulling and holding just fine as seen in the following shot:

iVRmxO2.png

The GB Shield script works like this: Having any custom one equipped, it will draw Link holding the according shield, and holding the assigned button will draw Link holding the shield. The thing is, it's interfering with the Power Bracelet. Having any shield equipped, won't draw the grabbing/pulling/holding sprites when using the Power Bracelet. The actions are done with no problem, the problem lies in not having the corresponding sprites as seen here:

kv0CYkd.png

It's as if any lift able combos are hovering above Link. His sprites won't change from Link holding the Shield...

The question is, why is this script interfering and how does this mess up with the LTM? From what I remember, LTM change to the values written in the item's GFX. So, I suppose that having the shield equipped will have the GFX change to Link holding a shield (in this case, 520 tiles) . And I also thought, that the value of the Power Bracelet's LTM would be summed to the value of Link holding a shield so that the Grabbing/Pulling/Holding tiles would be drawn (520 tiles + 140 tiles of the start of the actions mentioned, yes, I have my sprites set up according to the math).

BUT WHY U NOT DO THAT!? In any case, i would deeply appreciate anybody lending me a hand with this. The code from both scripts are pasted below:

If anybody requires the quest file for more details, let me know and I'll shoot you a PM with it.  :)

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

Uhhhhhh I do not follow to be honest. I haven't ever worked with the 2 scripts you are talking about. Are they the unmodified ones from the database? By the way, do you have the questrule "Expanded link tile modifiers" checked or unchecked.

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

Is the GB power bracelet modifier item a shield item? The mirror shield would be overwriting it's LTM if that's the case (each item class can only have one LTM active at a time IIRC, which is the highest level item of that class (it might be different with item overrides i the subscreen, but idk)).

Edited by Dimentio, 28 March 2018 - 09:08 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:19 PM

@Avataro: Dimentio nailed it. :lol:

@Dimentio: Yeah, I didn't know LTM and item classes worked like that. The issue was that the LTM items for the Power Bracelet and the Shield items had the same class. Changed one group to another, and that solved the problem. Thanks! :D

• Deedee likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users