Eiyuu

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#31 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:29 AM

I'm in the basement of the Sanskrit Temple and I can't do anything. I reached the hint "The brightest knows the secret" , but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I have the wand, the candle and bombs.

#32 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

All I can say is...

Finally!!

...and thank you!

I thought nobody would make a true 2.50 quest that really (but REALLY) makes use of 2.50 AND has story, instead of being just a X+1 dungeons quest with minimal 2.50 support or a big quest that is 2.50 just because the many unnecessary scripts scrammed into it.

Eiyuu is very much how I wanted to make a quest in the 2.11b times, but only in my dreams.

Now I'm before L2 (I think) and I'm trying to play virtuous.

I can easily expect that this becomes my favourite quest of all, though things like Bikdip's Adventure 2, Time After and such are bound to be hard to overperform...

If this has that big replayability value as I expect, then that's more than cool!

#33 Teamudf

Teamudf

24/7

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

Link: Eye am sure something sparkling will come your way. (Puns aside, take a close look in one of the statue rooms in the basement.) That whole part of the level is basically one giant puzzle so it may take a while to get rolling.

CastChaos: Glad you're enjoying the premise so far! Sadly I didn't get as many branching paths as I wanted in the game, but the story and items can at least change somewhat depending on what you do. Finishing this quest has actually made me want to shy away from the typical "big" quest and focus more on game play aspects or storytelling.

I am definitely looking forward to working on future quests with this kind of style. I feel like the sequel to this will be a larger quest, but not really just because of dungeon count.

I'm very happy with how I was able to use 2.5.0 though...the quest is absolutely filled to the top with carry over tricks and event controls, either through scripts or good old-fashioned message strings. I don't think I would've had the patience to put this together in 2.10 (some of it definitely wouldn't have even been possible). Of course there's a good number of scripts but I don't think the game is entirely controlled by them. I like to use scripts more to polish things or make items / enemies come to life.

Bikdip's Adventure 2...I really need to record a playthrough of that some day. Good to know that game hasn't really died out for people yet.

#34 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:39 AM

Link: Eye am sure something sparkling will come your way. (Puns aside, take a close look in one of the statue rooms in the basement.) That whole part of the level is basically one giant puzzle so it may take a while to get rolling.

I saw that statue but I still have no idea what to do. .-.

#35 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

Saito Dojo - worth the exploring!!

Just an FYI - when I first played/explored this quest...I somehow got into Sanskrit before Brace and that made for a little confusion, so I started over; however, I don't think that this semi-out-of-sequence would really matter...i.e. everything that needs to be done could still be attained ( I think)  Just an fyi for what it is worth.

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 12 July 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#36 Teamudf

Teamudf

24/7

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

Link: Well, it's looking a certain way. Maybe have a walk around where it's peeping.

Chief: It's definitely possible to get to Sanskrit first. There's still an extra key somewhere else in Winterfall that lets you get to Level 1 regardless. It's fairly close to the entrance of Level 1 and requires use of the Flippers. So it's impossible to run out of keys in this area since there's always an extra.

#37 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

I have a crapload of items, like the big wallet but I can't seem to figure that first level, I'm missing a key or something

I think it was called brace dent

Edited by GhostKnight22, 12 July 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#38 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

You must be able to jump....try A on the keyboard ( not the A button but the letter  A key on the keypad) when you are on the leaf tiles

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 12 July 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#39 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

There's a key by those leaf tiles?

#40 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

Link: Well, it's looking a certain way. Maybe have a walk around where it's peeping.

I walked around, but I still have no idea what to do. D:

#41 Shosci

Shosci

Gaming Topics and Live Streams

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

Okay, so I think I have an idea of where to go after Sanskrit. In Winterfall, I used the Timeshift Staff to fight a Blue Lanmola and got a Super Bomb, though picking it up actually didn't mean I have it since I probably need Super Bomb Bag or upgrade my current Bomb Bag. However, I figured that the Super Bomb would be useful for the bottom left corner of Winterfall which is where I assume I need to go next.

#42 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Okay, so I think I have an idea of where to go after Sanskrit. In Winterfall, I used the Timeshift Staff to fight a Blue Lanmola and got a Super Bomb, though picking it up actually didn't mean I have it since I probably need Super Bomb Bag or upgrade my current Bomb Bag. However, I figured that the Super Bomb would be useful for the bottom left corner of Winterfall which is where I assume I need to go next.

You would be correct. There should be a bomb upgrade enemy in south Winterfall.

#43 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

What did you do to figure this sequence out?  I'm still looking for a key and Boss key.

20pyf0k.png33mpoao.png

Is there something here? I suspect that these rooms are connected with the hint in the big lock room, but I'm not very inspired today. I used a key, but I need another key or the big key.

PD: Nevermind, done.

#44 Shosci

Shosci

Gaming Topics and Live Streams

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

@sctmorgan You use the Bloodnote to activate a secret when a blood drop is in that screen.

#45 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

I haven't even started this quest yet, and from what I'm seeing, it looks pretty awesome. I plan on playing this later.

Bikdip's Adventure 2...I really need to record a playthrough of that some day. Good to know that game hasn't really died out for people yet.

I bit of a note, there's quite a few bugs with this game running on 2.50.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users