What is bottlenecking my system?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

It was already on a high performance plan, with he minimum state set to 100%.

I might want to look at the BIOS in case some option got bumped (would have been a while ago) like Bagel suggested.

Thanks again, guys. :)

#32 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:43 PM

The heat issues have subsided, even in the heat of this Summer but there is some other stuff that doesn't seem right.

Like, here, for example:

JGFJJB1.png

I mean, this is just weird. It says my video card isn't good enough, even though it is slightly above the minimum, then it says my CPU is okay, even though it is a little bit under the minimum. Then, it says I only have 4GB of RAM, when there are in fact two, 4GB sticks of RAM in this thing. I'm going to try updating the drivers, but I dunno if I should trust this site since it seems like it is not identifying my hardware correctly, which is probably the result of me screwing something up :heh:

The site is System Requirement Labs.

Anyone have any ideas beyond checking the drivers? Cause.. something is wrong. Something is very, wrong here.

Thanks, again.

#33 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:17 AM

Sounds like you should run MemTest to check the integrity of your RAM sticks.  It sounds like one stick is either not connected properly or just dead.

#34 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:55 AM

This tool you are using seems horrible. You're better off just asking us for a suggestion, rather than using that dogshit.

It can't even verify what GPU you're using; just the series. The 6900 series has 1-4GB DDR. Doesn't mention anything of the clock speed.

Edited by tim, 28 July 2016 - 10:05 AM.

#35 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

SystemReqLabs is usually pretty good, from what most people say. I think I have some serious hardware configuration issues, and don't even know where to begin. Could be BIOS settings, could be drivers, could be faulty hardware, could be a poor connection somewhere, could be from when my case got soaked in the back of a pick-up truck on a ferry, who knows. 

What is a good way to start testing, and searching for the cause? I'm usually pretty resourceful, but this is a crap-chute.

#36 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:02 AM

Does the BIOS say you have 8GB of RAM? Does Windows say you have 8GB? Try visiting the webpage with a 64bit web browser, it's probably only detecting 4GB because yeither you are using a 32bit web browser or the website it self is using a 32bit component to check how much RAM you have (assuming the website asks you to download/install something in to your web browser for it to scan your PC).

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 31 July 2016 - 07:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users