Zeldaclassic.com & AGN issues

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

I think it's more, "People don't hate PZC." or maybe they just don't have a problem with they people here, I know there's a lot of bad talk about the staff over at AGN.

#17 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, I started off on there, but as of late, I prefer PureZC anyways, since everyone is much more friendly and eager to help out if need be.

The only reason I'd go back to AGN is to see if there's any quests there not posted here, but even then it's a big "eh".

#18 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(Twilight-Prince @ Feb 28 2011, 04:45 PM) View Post
The only reason I'd go back to AGN is to see if there's any quests there not posted here, but even then it's a big "eh".

Hmm, reminds me to go back to check on ZCG, but I'm still avoiding posting there. I think that FefeRawft hit the nail here because I've read that banned members frequently hack AGN, abliet shortlived, because some of the staff frequentley abuse power there with Warlord only rarley comming in to stop them. I have NOT recieved one notification about Warlord PMing me after I appealed against Mercy there, which leads me to that assumption.

#19 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:02 AM

AGN is known for it's hacks... Everytime I read AGN I wonder whats happening over there... Through, I don't go there anymore for after seeing so many hacks...

Orin if you spell "Ganon" wrong so what he is trolling you don't take the bait. Ignore him and make him the fool. Making comments about others misspelling is just sad... Someone trolled/flamed me too and I personally hated that, but, I got passed it because in the end he got what was coming...

Edited by Midnight_King, 28 February 2011 - 03:04 AM.

#20 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Just bumping this topic, since the problem still exists, and it has come up in other places. As to when it will be resolved, I don't think anybody knows the answer to that question. An AGN issue, pretty much.

#21 I_Am_Skum

I_Am_Skum

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

A month later, the problem still exists. Same as what a previous poster said; I wanted to show a friend ZC and the hacked page was not a good first impression.

#22 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

I agree. It doesn't make a good impression. Not at all. Well, it was just a problem with zelda classic dot com before, but now it is both sites. This case is much worse, since all the development occurs at AGN, and it's the official site for ZC, unlike us, who are a fan site for the program. I mainly feel bad for the developers, since it does impede progress in that area, and a final release of 2.5 is pending.

#23 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

Honestly, when I tell people about ZC these days and they want to give it a try, I just give them everything I have that could be helpful. Better than risking anything happening to their computer and having them come crashing down on me for it.

The developers should move out and come bunk in with us; we've got plenty of room. Besides, they're quite the honoured guests if I may say so. :3

#24 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

Nowadays, when I want to get people into ZC, I usually direct them to this site. I can't trust AGN anymore. PureZC has everything you need, from the program, to quests, to a great community if any help is needed, so naturally I point people in this direction.

AGN ever becoming trustworthy again? I don't know when that'll ever happen. It's been a LONG wait so far. So, naturally I'd expect a long wait from this point on as well. Oh well. icon_shrug.gif

Edited by trucky5, 26 March 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#25 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(SpacemanDan @ Mar 27 2011, 07:48 AM) View Post
Honestly, when I tell people about ZC these days and they want to give it a try, I just give them everything I have that could be helpful. Better than risking anything happening to their computer and having them come crashing down on me for it.

The developers should move out and come bunk in with us; we've got plenty of room. Besides, they're quite the honoured guests if I may say so. :3

Just as long as Mercy doesn't try to unslurp ShadowTiger or Nathaniel in an attempt to ressurect the gravedigging rule, then we will be fine. icon_deformed.gif

I do agree that the devs should bunk up here. I think that the hackers are attempting to elimate <insert AGN staffer here> and, get rid of ZC while they are at it. If we host ZC here too, then the hackers would be too lazy to hack here while they are busy hacking AGN. We still have ZCR, and it would be a nice time to revive it so we have a foothold of ZC on three diffrent sites.

If the hackers were targeting ZC, then we would have been continusly hacked along with AGN for being the biggest fan site relating to ZC. If they are targeting some of the staffers, or Warlord, then we would be okay if they signed up here until they can find a better site. Hackers are unlikley to target a WHOLE site of their targets are standard members there.

A site full of malware and staff abuse is definatley not a good first impression for a partictular program, which is what these hackers exactly want to poison AGN's reputation, and don't get me started about all of the panic about 2.5 that would occur if they breached Shardstorm...

#26 White Elk

White Elk

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE(trucky5 @ Mar 26 2011, 05:59 PM) View Post
PureZC has everything you need, from the program, to quests, to a great community if any help is needed, so naturally I point people in this direction.
I've found the quests and agree that the community is great.. and would add that I like the way this forum is setup and intend to spend more time here. But where is the program hosted? I've only found links that lead back to the infected sites. Am I missing a direct download somewhere (here at PureZC)?

#27 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:59 AM

Last time I visited a few days ago I tried to send a PM but got a 404 error I think when reaching the page to confirm the PM was sent.

#28 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:15 AM

@White Elk: What version are you looking for? I'm guessing that it's 2.10 or below because I know for certain that it has been infected. I just hope they haven't got Shardstorm.

@Franpa: Try PMing any devs here if you already haven't; you proabaly have a better chance of getting a safe response here.

I'm thinking that we should start hosting tempory links here until the situation at AGN ever improves (and Warlord moving it again won't work for long).

#29 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hmm, in the downloads topic, I noticed that the links to ermock now give a 404, and I also believe that sjnetwork no longer exists (latter was controlled by Deviance). I wonder if these downloads are found anywhere else, and if not, we need to see who possesses these files and host them elsewhere. I'd still be curious to know what ever happened to ermock.com. For the time being, I think just shardstorm works among those download links.

#30 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

There might be something to be said for becoming the official host of ZC out of necessity -- even if it's not hosted on PureZC's server, someone could host the downloads semi-permanently and they could be linked to here. Whether you're willing to put up with the risks of becoming a greater target is really up to you staff guys, but if someone starts making regular backups, they're not that hard to restore if something happens.

Edited by Bagel, 28 March 2011 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users