1 screen massacre

• Please log in to reply
1044 replies to this topic

#931 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

average everyday normal guy

• Members

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:48 PM

Man now that I look at it again i could have made the screen itself look way better. Guess i shouldnt have rushed it.

#932 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:16 PM

Nah, you're good.

I imagine the graphical glitches are something to do with the animation style that you picked. Just happens when you're learning :P.

(tbh my own screens - while I won't say they're amazing - have improved significantly since starting here, so you'll pick it up)

Anyway, I won't claim for now, but I might do later on.

• ChrisHunter64 likes this

#933 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:11 PM

I think they look great. I wonder if theres gonna be an issue with the layering of horizon factory cause the floor layers are kinda jumbled up from the entrance screen and the newer ones

#934 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:58 PM

Do you use discord, ChrisHunter? We have one for 1SM and it's a bit quiet now, but since you are contributing a lot, you should consider joining. :)

#935 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 01 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

Ive never used discord before. Ive checked out this discord but was too lazy to make an account. Ill set one up though for convenience sake
  • Anthus likes this

#936 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:31 PM

So just to clarify for new people who want to get into this and make a screen, the claim is open. all you gotta do is type claim in brackets, download the last file on the thread, make your screen and post it with a screenshot.

Edited by ChrisHunter64, 09 November 2019 - 02:32 PM.

#937 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:28 PM

Still nothing huh? Cmon guys this is the coolest thing since sliced bread. just need 1 screen :)

#938 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:11 PM

This is the second big lull we've had. The last one lasted about six months iirc. You'd think people would have more free time though, given most people are staying home. :P

That said, I could claim, but I just don't have the energy to make a screen atm. x.x

#939 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:37 AM

Since my pc crashed i lost all of my data for my quest i was making cause i never backed it up Dx since then i dont really have the gumption to do much else so this is really the only thing i wanna do with zquest atm

#940 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:07 AM

Since my pc crashed i lost all of my data for my quest i was making cause i never backed it up

Wait, are you talking about the one you sent me for combo rearrangement?

Because you posted a link to a hosted download, so the link's probably still valid?

Or actually, I never took down the version I sent back. That would be the latest of the uploaded versions. I know that should be available. If not, I could repost it.

Or double-actually, you might have sent a later version after that. I seem to have a "v2" file sitting around. I could send that back also, and you can see which is the latest.

I mean, it's probably out of date if you did more work since then, but it should still be something to work with.

#941 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:57 PM

Since my pc crashed i lost all of my data for my quest i was making cause i never backed it up

Always back stuff up! Google drive is your friend!

#942 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:15 AM

I mean, it's probably out of date if you did more work since then, but it should still be something to work with.

Honestly i had basically ramade more than half of the content in my game. So many custom sprites including fully animated items as well as some new items i made, over 15 new enemies, a bunch of pallets, i completely reworked the overworld to make it more streamlined, i erased and remade the first dungeon and made it way better including its own custom enemies bosses and reworked puzzles, new side dungeons with their own creative mini bosses, interiors to the starting village i had (all completely custom tiles).

I really screwed the pooch lol

The funniest part about it lut is that i was planning on sending you a copy of what i got done that day it crashed to show you how competent im xD just tried to give it a bit more polish beforehand though.

Edited by ChrisHunter64, 28 March 2020 - 01:18 AM.

#943 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:36 AM

Oh.

Well, shit.

Yeah, not much to do in that case then.

I mean, I suppose there's data recovery places? They cost a lot though, and there's no guarantee.

But, sometimes it's best to start from scratch knowing what you know now, instead of trying to continuously update some old thing that's only going to limit you with its original boundaries.

Or, you could just make more 1SM screens!

• Anthus likes this

#944 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:47 AM

Well, I was gonna do a surprise claim and make a screen, but I can't download that last file, cos I don't have access to your Google Drive. Any way to fix that?

#945 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:07 PM

Well, I was gonna do a surprise claim and make a screen, but I can't download that last file, cos I don't have access to your Google Drive. Any way to fix that?

I requested permission on Google Drives, so if I get it before ChrisHunter posts here again, I can send it to you.

... Actually I'll jut see if he's on Discord. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users