73 replies to this topic

#31 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:02 PM

Here is the finished result:
-taken down-

I'm done with this part, but not the bridge you cross. I'll be spriting that that as well. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Zemious, 18 June 2008 - 01:05 PM.

#32 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:01 AM

Alright, here's what I think needs to be done to this

It looks like you're looking at it straight on. First off, everything should be "smashed" to 3/4ths of what it would look like if you looked at it from above. An 8x8 pixel square, when looked at in Zelda's perspective, would look 8x6 pixels. Understand? Something else that would help perspective is use darker colors towards the base

The colors are also way too soft. There should be a good gradient between the lightest and darkest colors, and it looks more like the gradient stops halfway to the black

Another improvement would be anti-aliasing, specifically along the archway and rounded edges along the top

It's not a bad start, but it looks more like a tight rough than a final

#33 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:30 AM

Hm... I have to say, I think the perspective is perfect if you leave it as is. If it's on a screen, it'll look....

Augh, I just got up this morning and my brain's not working...

I think it's amazing and would not expect you to redraw it to the other perspective. I think, since it'll cover up most of the screen, it'll look epic, awesome, and... menacing (for lack of a better word). You could probably stick it farther up the screen and leave the top round structures in the screen above it. icon_razz.gif

The only thing I could possibly point out is that bright-tan-ish line that outlines the top-middle part of the door, then outlines the bottom part of the windows, then comes down along the pillars. I just think that line should be a little softer.

And, I like how the bridge looks soft. It's just my kind of art style, I guess. icon_wink.gif

Awesome job! icon_thumbsup.gif

#34 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

Would this rip into pure? icon_razz.gif

#35 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(Relic @ Jun 18 2008, 07:01 AM) View Post

Alright, here's what I think needs to be done to this

It looks like you're looking at it straight on. First off, everything should be "smashed" to 3/4ths of what it would look like if you looked at it from above. An 8x8 pixel square, when looked at in Zelda's perspective, would look 8x6 pixels. Understand? Something else that would help perspective is use darker colors towards the base

The colors are also way too soft. There should be a good gradient between the lightest and darkest colors, and it looks more like the gradient stops halfway to the black

Another improvement would be anti-aliasing, specifically along the archway and rounded edges along the top

It's not a bad start, but it looks more like a tight rough than a final

I don't think it should be tilted, ZC isn't a 3D game, I like "straight looking at" big objects much better, and not only because realistic perspective can clash with other (especially tall) objects and mountain walls. It's more classic. If I'm not mistaken, even SNES games don't go real on this.

The soft colours are also something I like. Seeing those two updates a little upper in this thread near each other, the lower contrast one looks 1000% better, plus it's much easier to blend it in screens... and just better to look at.

I also don't think it would require added antialiasing... Better say, I don't even see a place where it could be done, I don't see agressively harsh gradient transitions. The latest update is so perfect, I fear there are changes that would make me like it less.

Zemious, if this object indeed hits the database, I promise to use it. I hope it won't be a problem if it eventually becomes some kind of gate or fortification, there's no long north-south gaps in my quest. I fact, there aren't any long gaps either, except one, but that shouldn't have buildings over it. I think about the placement some more.

#36 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

Thank you for all of your comments guys!
I'll be submitting this to the database.

I have to tell ya' all, this is going to be one hard sucker to rip/recolor/place... @__@;

#37 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

lol it looks great! i like it.

when i first saw this thread, I thought it would have the gate facing sideways, going into the bridge, like in sideview mode. (that's actually how I would use it is in sideview mode icon_razz.gif)

#38 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:28 PM

I'm doing that view as well, soon as I finish the vertical view of the bridge. I just finished the vertical view of the gate.
I made a bigger version of this sprite by resizing and editing, you can see the detail and such in it as it would appear in ZC:
http://b.imagehost.org/0613/Image1.png

Edited by Zemious, 18 June 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#39 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

wow. its a lot more detailed than I thought.

Will you be making gates and stuff for the entrances, or will we have to do that?

#40 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

Migokalle has offered me $35.00 for the vertical gate/bridge so I'm going to keep this exclusive.

I'll take down the sprites I've done as soon as I recieve the payment.
I just updated my paypal with my checkings account information and it said it'd take 3-5 days to complete the updation process.

As I said, as soon as the payment is complete, I'm going to take down [b]all]/b] the sprites I've got for this bridge.

-Edit-
He's asked me to take them down. ><

Edited by Zemious, 18 June 2008 - 01:04 PM.

#41 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:04 PM

aww... no fair...

#42 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(Master Maniac @ Jun 18 2008, 12:04 PM) View Post

aww... no fair...

I REALLY understand how you're feeling... I REALLY really do... but this is kinda important for me... I mean... it would feel weird for me, seeing such an important place in my quest, in some other guy's quest... even if the quest was good or not... while I shouldn't, I would feel "ripped off" in the lack of a better word...
xD

Now... I just wanna say:
Zemious deserves payment... and... I like to be a fair guy, so I pay him... I pay for good work...
Sure, it's not ONLY because I want it all to myself... it's because Zemious used A LOT of time on this. Heck, he even bought the game, just to make this sprite...
I really.... would feel a little down if I didn't pay... Now, I know many of you guys wants to... hang me on a cross and throw tomatoes or bananas at me... and yes, feel free... just, peel the bananas first and aim at my mouth... the tomatoes... I would appreicate if they missed... I don't like tomatoes...

Edited by Migokalle, 18 June 2008 - 01:15 PM.

#43 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

Man, 35 dollars? Grats, and I'll let you have em peacefully. There's no way I pay that much for them, I really wouldn't pay anything for them anyway.

As requested:
/me chucks bowl of tomatoes at Migo...

Ok, maybe not too peacefully...

Edited by Plissken, 18 June 2008 - 01:17 PM.

#44 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

Paying 35 $ for graphics that anyone could do? It seems like you have a lot of money. icon_confused.gif

I hope your quest will get finished, oh wait, will we have to pay to play your quest?

#45 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

^icon_lol.gif no that would be illegal icon_razz.gif^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users