Updated Pegasus Boots Script

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

Where I change the SFX for the jump with the pegasus boots? :)

it's just the SFX set in the roc feather item in the normal item editor (and in the roc increasor item).

Wow! I'll test it right now!
Oh, and his nickname is "Zepinho". He said once that is a "Brazilian-football-player-nick-name" :kawaii:

thanks, i often have to double and triple check that i'm spelling some of the more complicated nicknames properly.  i was totally reading Zepinho's nickname wrong, and spelling it like i was reading it thinking it was an easy one.  i'll update my post above, and in the script comments.

oh, and how do you want the Climb script to work with the pegasus boots?  or did you like the previous behavior where Link just stops dashing beside?  if you're actually using it in conjunction with the sideview ladder script, i can just combine them so that you don't need to take up both a combo script type, and a combo script flag. 

Edited by justin, 06 January 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#62 accela2me

accela2me

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

I forgot that the item 124 is a roc's item too :sweat: thanks again!

I liked the function that doesn't allow to use the pegasus boots on the ladders. I think that would be ideal in my quests.

Edited by accela2me, 07 January 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#63 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

another small fix to pegasus boots

. the store hp thing was actually checking if link's hp was greater than the stored hp.  when it should have been checking less than, so link would actually stop dashing if he hurt himself.

sideview ladder

. can jump when standing on top (totally fixed)

. can jump when standing on solid ground below a ladder

. can jump off the ladder from left or right, but not up just jump up the ladder

sideview swimming added

. seems to work with everything else

. only glitch is my own, i overloaded the pegasus boots to use the same comboflag as the sideview swim script, and link does his collide thing with the water if dashing in.  easy fix by changing constant values.  

file removed, its in the database now, see here for more details http://www.purezc.ne...455#entry939346

Edited by justin, 09 January 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#64 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

integrated the sideview ladder and "climb" flags together, so Link always faces up when climbing the sideview ladder now - which i believe is what you wanted the behavior to be.  also, made it so Link can jump up and catch the bottom of a ladder earlier, and can hang from the bottom of a ladder.

that meant reworking the pegasus boots script quite a bit.  because the dash direction was based on link's direction, and link can't change direction while dashing, it gave me a lot of problems.  the PegasusDash variable (previously true/false depending on if dashing or not) is now the dash direction, with -1 being not dashing.  on the sideview ladder, just using the Peg boots will make Link dash up, but pressing another direction while initiating the dash will cause Link to dash that direction. Dash down a ladder will make him slide down facing up (no sword). Dash left or right he'll face that direction and if sword equipped he'll hold it out.  Falling off the bottom of a ladder while dashing down will do a cool downward thrust attack.

other changes

. sideview ladder can now be an ffc or a global.  ffc is good if you want to only use it on a few screens, and to give more flexibility with recycling the script ComboTypes and Flags.  global if you use the sideview ladder on lots of screens. DON'T use both at the same time.

. sideview swim

- added transition between water and SV ladders

- wavy effect is a script argument now.  D0, 0=off, 1=wavy on

- conveyors added, just add the SV swim flag to the standard conveyor combo types.

- to make non scripted enemies that would work with this. i'd make them flying type. for screens that aren't all water, i'd put a row of no enemy flags on top of the water, and place each enemy with placement flags. so you can have keese above, and fish below or something.

file removed, it's in the database now, see details here http://www.purezc.ne...55#entry939346 

Edited by justin, 09 January 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#65 accela2me

accela2me

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

Before asking you to teach me how to solve a problem with the sideview swimming, you fixed it :)

This latest update was a bit confused, but what matters is that it worked really well! Congratulations, dude!

#66 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

Before asking you to teach me how to solve a problem with the sideview swimming, you fixed it :)

This latest update was a bit confused, but what matters is that it worked really well! Congratulations, dude!

what was the sideview swim problem you were trying to solve?

what was confusing about the latest update?

#67 accela2me

accela2me

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

The problem was that Link couldn't get into the water because he was stuck in the first line of combos. In the other combos he could swim normally. With the update, this was solved :)

About the script, I said the update was a bit confused because you replaced functions that are divided into multiple files (and you've noticed that I try to let everything well organized, right?)

#68 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

the pegasus boots script http://www.purezc.ne...=scripts&id=159 and the side view ladder script http://www.purezc.ne...=scripts&id=158 that are part of this file are in the database.

they include the test quest i've been using in this thread with all these scripts combined in the buffer.  so people looking to combine these should check there.

@accela2me, if there are any more bugs with these combined scripts, or anything else you want to add, just ask.

#69 accela2me

accela2me

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

I saw the scripts in the database! Finally! Good work, Justin! :approve:

I'm recording several videos from the Link's Awakening to show enemies, items and game functions that I haven't found in the database. If you want to participate, will be of great help AGAIN (I'm still learning the basics of zscript, so I wouldn't be very useful).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users