ALttP Guard Dudes

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

So, remember in ALttP how when you got close to the guards they'd run at you?
That's basically what I want, something that will randomly walk around until you get 4 or 5 tiles away from it, at which point it will charge at you. If you get 7 or 8 tiles away from it, it will go back to randomly walking around. It should take away 1 heart every time it hits you and die in...say 5 hits with the wooden sword? (forget how much damage it does)

Also those annoying bushes that would pop up when you got too close.
They should just sit there until you get within about 3 tiles away from them, then they get up and start walking towards you. If you get 5 tiles away from them, the sit back down. They take away half when they attack a heart and die in one hit.

The guards should wait about a half second before charging.
They both should have a 4 tile normal animation (bush: sitting, guard: walking), 4 tile transition animation and 4 tile charging animation.

If anyone else has done this, could you give me a link or something?
If they haven't, it would be really cool to have these.

One more much easier request, to make an ffc bounce while it moves.

I think I covered everything, if I just get the bounce script...that's cool to.

Thanks!

#2 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:53 PM

this seems to me as the same thing saffith made made with his guards script it must be here somewhere. check the scripting forum deeper.

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

Uhm... no, I believe Saffith's script was guards that catched you and put you in another screen if they did.
Likein WW and OoT'.
The file also included some guards that when you crossed their line of sight, they attacked you like normal enemies... what this guy wants, is to have them walk around like normal enemies, but start homing on you when you get closer.

Right?

#4 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

Yup, Migo said it exactly.

#5 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

oh, i wouldnt be too hard to make . it probably uses screen->NPCs () > 0; checks and what not and go after you after link is spot ..its basically saffifth's guard scrpt modification. im pretty sure he can help you with it.

#6 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:08 PM

^Why don't you do it if it's that easy?

Sorry to be harsh but...

#7 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(lucas92 @ Dec 7 2008, 05:08 PM) View Post

^Why don't you do it if it's that easy?

Sorry to be harsh but...

Yeah... as he said..
I'm sorry, but it just feels like you're just gathering up posts, as you go along saying "Yeah, Saffith can do that! Ask him!" and such... which really isn't helping much... if he wanted, he COULD just ask one of the scripters... which isn't hard, because the number of them are low... so it's easy to remember em all! icon_biggrin.gif
Just letting you know and stuff.

#8 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

Do you want to make the bush move diagonally?

#9 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

Well to answer your lucas92. I do not have the time to sit in notepad and do the script because im busy with my quest. And i dont want to give the guy's hopes up. And im not trying to gain posts as that doesnt mean a thing in pureZC. And im just giving him alternatives because the number of scripters is low.

#10 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=35035

See post#8 for an FFC bounce script. (geez, I wish more people actually looked at that thread.)

Also for the guards' did you want help scripting them, or someone to script them for you? If it's the former I'll be happy to help out.
...now that I think about it, that sounds pretty much like a cross breed between my custom armos and ninja script. I'll have to take a look at the code a little later though...

#11 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:00 AM

I am hoping someone can script them for me, I'm personally making easier scripts first. icon_smile.gif

#12 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:57 AM

Do you have the bush graphics? Because I think I can do it...

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(drzchulo973 @ Dec 8 2008, 01:29 AM) View Post

Well to answer your lucas92. I do not have the time to sit in notepad and do the script because im busy with my quest. And i dont want to give the guy's hopes up. And im not trying to gain posts as that doesnt mean a thing in pureZC. And im just giving him alternatives because the number of scripters is low.

Then how did you learn scripting that quickly? There is low amount of good documentation for Zscript. If I ever learn the more complicated parts, I will make a very big tutorial.

#14 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

For the bush, I only want him to move horizontally and vertically.
For the graphics, pretty much while he's sitting, one of those ML bushes by PrinceMSC and while he's walking, the same but with some kinda' critter thing underneath.

EDIT:
I need a script, or help making it, for an ffc to bounce across the screen, not off the walls. Thanks anyway Gleeok.

Edited by Molten Onyx, 08 December 2008 - 10:32 AM.

#15 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:42 AM

Twight_knight: i learnt scripting by reading and editing other people's scripts and asking them questions. I also learnt by busting my behind on the zscript wiki and making small scripts to large ones. Its quite simple. I was surprised. Ill maybe give a more clearer basic tutorial someday ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users