Photo

Introvert/extrovert

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Introvert/extrovert

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Introvert, extrovert or ambivert?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 19 April 2023 - 10:33 PM

In this world, everyone's a bit different. Are you an introvert or extrovert?

I'm ambivert, leaning towards introverted. I find socializing a bit difficult sometimes because of me making common mistakes.

• Twilight Knight and Eddy like this

#2 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 19 April 2023 - 11:23 PM

I meeeeeeeeeean.

This is an Internet forum populated by the kinds of people who hang out on Internet forums in 2023!

• Hergiswi, Twilight Knight, Taco Chopper and 3 others like this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 April 2023 - 02:36 AM

Introverted. I find socializing (especially in voice chats or irl) draining and tend to need some alone time to recharge. Having my inner voice be drowned out and being unable to introspect when in conversation is probably why I get very anxious too. I'm terrified of joining a conversation with people I'm less familiar with and is why I refuse to use social media. I don't think I could join another community like I did with Pure though. I tend to prefer smaller, more closed off ones. I've come to accept me being introverted, but I do envy people who don't have that sort of limited stamina or anxiety.

• Twilight Knight and Erdrick like this

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 20 April 2023 - 03:15 AM

I'm very introverted, but learned how to pretend not to be for work or maintaining relationships. However I'm most happy when home alone :-)

Only when I've been alone for a couple of days I start longing for some social interaction. Otherwise it's just draining like Shane described.

I do not envy extroverts actually. I notice that they often cannot be alone at for even an hour and rarely they have interesting hobbies. Not to offend any extroverts here (if there are any at all), but just what I noticed in real life.

• Shane likes this

#5 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 20 April 2023 - 03:47 AM

i would have chosen introvert, but i think im very extroverted in some ways so i chose ambivert. It gets draining being around people, but it also gets boring being alone. meh.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 April 2023 - 06:01 AM

I think, with these things, it's always important to remember that introvert and extrovert do NOT mean shy and outgoing. They refer to what gives you energy, what recharges you, so to speak. I'm an introvert; when I'm feeling overwhelmed or stressed, I want a day to sit at home, maybe with a close friend or significant other, and relax. I've been told that I must be an extrovert because I have a great time at social stuff and get along great with everyone, and those comments completely miss the point. An introvert can do all those things. I'd just be exhausted if I did that every day repeatedly.

• Twilight Knight, Joelmacool and Matthew like this

#7 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 20 April 2023 - 07:12 AM

I'm certainly more ambiverted than SOME introverts, but still an introvert. I can talk people's heads off fairly consistently, but often I need some build up to get there. I rarely just jump into a social situation ready to be outgoing. This is no more evident than when I get into a bible study. The longer it goes, the more social I am. However, I do run out of energy more quickly than an extrovert, by far. Which is why I call myself an introvert. I can be all happy and smiley, or deep and theological, but at the end of the day, that energy is going to be sapped. It saps quicker with strangers and subject I'm not as interested in. I work in a hospital doing registration Friday through Sunday, and I generally have at least a couple times per day when my energy is sapped before it recharges. But, by Sunday it's almost always completely sapped.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#8 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 20 April 2023 - 09:36 AM

i tend to be fairly sociable most days as long as it's not too early in the morning. i do need to recharge alone at the end of the day though, and especially after several days of large amounts of socializing. youth ministry often requires me to fight through the drained social battery, especially on days when i'm feeling particularly wiped out

#9 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 April 2023 - 10:54 AM

I've swung between being introverted and extroverted, but I'm more extroverted these days than I was in the past. I love going out, having people over, turning up, getting lit, etcetera. I still need alone time to recharge, but I generally feel pumped after spending time with people -- not drained. The worst part of being extroverted tends to be the bank account damages associated with going out.

• Twilight Knight and Deedee like this

#10 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2023 - 03:54 PM

Capricorn
  • Colin likes this

#11 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 20 April 2023 - 05:59 PM

Capricorn

Same

#12 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 20 April 2023 - 09:02 PM

Ambivert depending on the situation.

Pervert otherwise.

#13 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 20 April 2023 - 09:12 PM

Same

I like how it went to astrology and the Capricorns are going there. o_O

#14 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 20 April 2023 - 11:20 PM

Introverted I think. Talking with people gives me energy when I have stuff to talk about, but usually I don't and actually being out and in public makes me want to hide. I do think I like going to the mall though from like the one time I tried it, but maybe that's just cause I'm a foodie and love the food court.

#15 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 21 April 2023 - 12:36 AM

I like how it went to astrology and the Capricorns are going there. o_O

That's such a capricorn thing to say.

I'm a bit introvert but also a bit extra, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users