Photo

Zelda Classic 2.53.0 Beta 24 (Official)

Beta Release Zelda Classic 2.53

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#16 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

I tried doing what you described in 2.53.0 (Beta 15) and 2.54 (Alpha 28), and I am unable to duplicate this issue, at all. I think that you had a saving error, or something random occurred.

I was able to fix your quest in 2.54: Somehow, FFC-2 was corrupted on map 1, screen 0x01. FFC-02 was linked to itself and had a bunch of nonsensical data.

It appears that you used 2.54 to create it? I am not sure what ZC version/build you used.

Did you make this in 2.53, 2.54 (official), or the 2.future build that is defunct?

The header version is greater than 0x250, so, it does not open in 2.53.0.

It is in your PM box.

P.S. I'm not sure what issues you have (e.g., bugs) with the subscreen gauges. Please detail that, if possible.

The Subscreen is, I set the misc: magic meter to premade meters in the tilepages. Select the same first tile position, But the magic meter is either missing parts or oddly arranged when in game play. 

Maybe its my computer? I can't help but wonder, does it have to do with being on a  64bit windows 7?

Yeah actually, It still does the same on my copy of b13, 14, 15. And the Alpha 23 you linked on the 2.future thread.

I am getting this from all 2.50 plus builds I have used.

I am planning to test this in the official release and see if it happens for me in the build too.

And I looked at the log and it said there is warps all over the map

I should Only have one screen, that should be a "false warp" in the since it just moves you on the screen. A secret was to change it to a new warp.

But at this point was and is not fully set up.

But it says if I am reading this right.

Warps on multiple screens, and maps. Which I personally never opened a second map once.

Would those be a reason why it was crashing when scrolling screens, in both zc and zq?

Plus now, unless I launch zq through zcl, my quest deletes screens, and moves my tiles on the screen. Placing tiles that were on layers, without the layer screen being there at all.

this is  most annoying.

The following screens have the Enemies->Item flag set, but there are no enemies in the screen:
Zelda1 Overworld    2:04
Zelda1 Overworld    2:50
Zelda1 Overworld    2:59

The following screens have the Enemies->Secret flag set, but there are no enemies in the room. This may not indicate a problem:
Zelda1 Overworld    2:50

The following screens have a room type set that requires a guy and string to be set, but no guy is set for the screens:
Zelda1 Overworld    1:2F
Zelda1 Overworld    1:65

The following screens have a room type set that requires a guy and string to be set, but neither a guy nor a string is set for the screens:
Zelda1 Overworld    2:58

The following screens have items whose item locations are set onto fully or partially unwalkable combos:
Zelda1 Overworld    1:00

The following screens contain combo types or secret combos that are replaced with the Under Combo, but the Under Combo for that room is combo 0. In some cases, this may not indicate a problem. Also, this does not take cycling combos into account.
Zelda1 Overworld    1:00
Zelda1 Overworld    1:01

The following screens are non-passage tile warp destinations, but the warp destination square is set to 0,0 (since room 1:00 is the default warp assignment, its presence in this list does not necessarily indicate a problem with that screen):
Zelda1 Overworld    1:01 (  2:85)
Zelda1 Overworld    1:14 (  2:48)
Zelda1 Overworld    1:1B (  2:48)
Zelda1 Overworld    2:00 (  2:48)
Zelda1 Overworld    2:77 (  2:3A)

The following screens have tile warps to screens that are undefined/invalid:
Zelda1 Overworld    1:0A
Zelda1 Overworld    1:0A
Zelda1 Overworld    1:18
Zelda1 Overworld    1:18
                    1:37
Zelda1 Overworld    2:31
Zelda1 Overworld    2:3A
Zelda1 Overworld    2:48

Edited by EnnonFenom, 13 April 2018 - 10:47 AM.

#17 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:35 AM

The Subscreen is, I set the misc: magic meter to premade meters in the tilepages. Select the same first tile position, But the magic meter is either missing parts or oddly arranged when in game play. 

Maybe its my computer? I can't help but wonder, does it have to do with being on a  64bit windows 7?

Yeah actually, It still does the same on my copy of b13, 14, 15. And the Alpha 23 you linked on the 2.future thread.
I am getting this from all 2.50 plus builds I have used.
I am planning to test this in the official release and see if it happens for me in the build too.

And I looked at the log and it said there is warps all over the map

I should Only have one screen, that should be a "false warp" in the since it just moves you on the screen. A secret was to change it to a new warp.
But at this point was and is not fully set up.

But it says if I am reading this right.

Warps on multiple screens, and maps. Which I personally never opened a second map once.
Would those be a reason why it was crashing when scrolling screens, in both zc and zq?

Plus now, unless I launch zq through zcl, my quest deletes screens, and moves my tiles on the screen. Placing tiles that were on layers, without the layer screen being there at all.

this is  most annoying.

I honestly have no clue what could be happening there. You started making the quest in an unreleased shardstorm build, and it is possible that it's corrupted elsewhere. If you aren't running ZQuest with administrative access (run as Administrator), that will also cause issues.

If using ZCL fixes all of your problems, use that. It's likely that your ag.cfg/zquesr.cfg files have settings that are inappropriate, and if you aren't running ZCL with as Administrator, it won't be able to update the config files.

I run ZC/ZQuest on Win7-64b. That is absolutely not the problem here.

I'd suspect issues writing to the HDD and reading from it before anything else, with issues this erratic.

How much work have you done on this quest? You would probably be better-off starting fresh using 2.53.0, to put to bed any further questfile corruption that may be going on there. I fixed the ffc issue, but it's clear that at some point, ZQ failed to properly run writemaps().

That'd cause the issues with invalid warp data, as that's stored in struct MAPSCR alone with ffcs, and random corruption to MAPSCR can brick your quest file later down the road in ways that cannot be predicted.

Anyway, from what I saw, you have only made a few screens. I'd advise starting from scratch. You should be able to export your combo table and tiles, then import them into a clean, new quest made in 2.53; and re-make your map screens by hand.

Please report if you are not running ZC, ZQuest, and ZCL as Administrator. You may need to manually perform that task with a right-click, then select 'Run as Administrator' from the contextual menu.

I further advise always using 'Save as...' when you save changes. You want to keep backups of your quest as you develop it, to prevent losing all of your work with one failed overwrite save.

#18 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:59 AM

You started making the quest in an unreleased shardstorm build, and it is possible that it's corrupted elsewhere. If you aren't running ZQuest with administrative access (run as Administrator), that will also cause issues

No I did not use a shardstorm build. This was a total blank qst. started in the build stated I found the bugs in.

How much work have you done on this quest? You would probably be better-off starting fresh using 2.53.0, to put to bed any further questfile corruption that may be going on there.

As I have stated. I am just trying to help beat test thing done in quest building, and tileset building. Not actually build a qst.

I'd advise starting from scratch. You should be able to export your combo table and tiles, then import them into a clean, new quest made in 2.53; and re-make your map screens by hand.

I was going to state that was always an option to save my work.

And that screen was only to test the animation of my water.

Again, Thank you for your time and help ZoriaRPG

#19 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:01 AM

No I did not use a shardstorm build. This was a total blank qst. started in the build stated I found the bugs in.

As I have stated. I am just trying to help beat test thing done in quest building, and tileset building. Not actually build a qst.

I was going to state that was always an option to save my work.

And that screen was only to test the animation of my water.

Again, Thank you for your time and help ZoriaRPG

The invalid warps returns and other integrity check issues were also present in the default 2.50.2 quest file. Someone forgot to clear them when they cleared the maps for the quest.

I still do not know if you are running all of the programmes with administrative access.

#20 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

The invalid warps returns and other integrity check issues were also present in the default 2.50.2 quest file. Someone forgot to clear them when they cleared the maps for the quest.

I still do not know if you are running all of the programmes with administrative access.

Yes I am running them as Administrative even zlauncher.

But odd fix I found. for my combo issue.I thought maybe the defualt qst that loads is messed up. So I downloaded a couple tilesets. Dor Hybrid, and vel's bs set.

I first checked the bs set and it happened there too. (odd in this set there may be a bug, on cset 4 every tile in the table started flash every cset. But in no other tileset yet. may be because it was made in ZC Version: 1.92 B163  found the issue in the 2.50.2, and both alpha 24 and 28 haven't checked in the beta builds)

Then clearn qst path loaded DoR hybred. And checked it, no issue at all. Worked perfectly.

So I ripped my palette in and imported my tiles and its still fine. I will set my combos and misc sprites by hand. I dont want to take any chances.

I guess if anyone else has this issue I have a cleared combo's and cleared mapped DorHybrld qst file. Nor did I find any warp issues navigating the screens.

Edited by EnnonFenom, 17 April 2018 - 09:32 AM.

#21 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 06 October 2018 - 02:13 PM

Release: Zelda Classic v2.53.0, Beta 23 (see first post in this thread.)

#22 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

Updated main topic post to Beta 24.

#23 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

Updated the build URL with a patch to Beta 24 that fixes the text colour on tooltip popups, with the new themes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Release, Zelda Classic, 2.53

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users