Photo

Spicy hottest stuff you've heard of, tried etc.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

I've tried ghost pepper before. Never again, or at least for a long time. My chest was burning for like a half hour.

I enjoy spicy chips (Taki's anyone?), and regularly enjoy buffalo tenders as an appetizer at restaurants. :)

• Magi_Hero, Anthus, Jenny and 1 other like this

#47 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

We have these cool Chile Lime Dorito rollers in California, they're really tangy, and they dye your fingers, but they're good.

doritos-dinamita-chile-limon.png

• Magi_Hero likes this

#48 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

I doubt I could compete with a lot of people here over the spiciest food ever tried (Jared probably wins with the ghost pepper), but I do remember eating some of the spiciest buffalo wings in Buffalo at a place called Duffs when I was a kid.  The hottest kind has a bowl of wings literally in a pool of the hot sauce.  It's like your mouth is drinking from the River Styx.

And with that, I give you all an old skit from balloonshop...

https://www.youtube....h?v=cScB5FuQCIk

• Anthus likes this

#49 Hammer of the Gods

Hammer of the Gods

Wolf of Odin

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

I love pepper beer. The best ones have a rich malty taste and a nice slow burn. Molé stouts (chocolate and jalepeño) are awesome. Stone brewery did a limited release of two beers called Crime and Punishment that were absolutely phenomenal - they took two of their most popular beers, Lucky Bastard and Double Bastard, and aged them in bourbon barrels with all kinds of peppers including black nagas, Caribbean red hots, ghost peppers, etc.

But the hottest beer I've had is more something you would drink for bragging rights. Ghost Face Killah (not to be confused with the 90's rapper of the same name) made at Twisted Pines Brewery in Boulder, Colorado. Hottest beer on the face of the Earth. This beer is the epitomy of poor life choices.

#50 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

I have a sensitive stomach so ghost pepper beer is off the table for me :heh:

#51 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:06 AM

I used to drink hot sauce on my livestreams and it was fun. I stopped doing it a few months ago. Why? Because my mom found out that it was I who drinks all of the hot sauce.

#52 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

I used to drink hot sauce on my livestreams and it was fun. I stopped doing it a few months ago. Why? Because my mom found out that it was I who drinks all of the hot sauce.

But it helps your liver function!

I've also grown to love Buffalo Wild Wings sauces and rubs. I have a few shakers of runs at home I bought from BWW. They go pretty much on anything. Desert Heat is a fave; it's really good to dust on fries.
  • Deedee likes this

#53 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:32 AM

Well there's a new thing I just learned today from Tim.

#54 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

Well there's a new thing I just learned today from Tim.

Spicy things with capsaicin can increase metabolism and help with liver function. The salt in the hot sauce is what's bad for you. No need for that extra salt to increase blood pressure. A little isn't bad, but you're basically chugging crap if you down the bottle.

Edited by tim, 04 April 2017 - 09:41 AM.

#55 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

I've now had something spicier, trinidad moruga scorpion

• Magi_Hero likes this

#56 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

I had recently ordered some Thai food through a delivery service online, and I ordered a 4/5 spice. And it delivered. It may have been the hottest thing I've had besides the aforementioned raw habenaro. It was the good kind of spice though. The kind of spice that leaves you feeling like Grey Fox.

• Magi_Hero and Jared like this

#57 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:01 PM

Spiciest Chili Pepper In The World

The Carolina Reaper, with 1,569,300 Scovilles, is confirmed by Guinness to be the hottest Chili in the World.

Edited by Zagut, 22 June 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#58 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:04 PM

At that point, there's no taste, just death.

Also, I heard only one drop was needed to flavor a gallon of chili.  So yeah.

#59 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

911iAdB8L4L._SY550_.jpg

This is the winner, guys. I've heard people say they don't like the flavor of ghost peppers. I don't know how much ghost pepper is actually in this, and I can't speak to the flavor of ghost pepper on its own. But what I do know is that this has a delicious flavor, and is very, very spicy. I love throwing this on tacos which leave me with an awesome, excruciating, burning mouth afterwards. It's a bit too much for me to just eat with tortilla chips, but for the brave go ahead and try it. This is commonly available in all kinds of stores, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it. For those who like things very spicy and want something that tastes great, too, it's highly recommended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users