What would get me to play more quests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_demione (Guest)

Guest_demione (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:55 PM

First off, I don't know if you guys are doing this already with your quest database. I don't think you are.

What would really get me to play more quests is if there was a way I could find out which quests are finished and which are not. Sure, right now in the database, there's a rating system of 0 to 5 stars, but that doens't really mean much. I mean, a quest could only be 20% completed, and that 20% could be astounding, and therefore rated 5 stars. This uncertainty gives me a lot of hesitancy in downloading quests, because in the past I've downloaded really good 5 star quests, only to be left hanging just after I've gotten into them. If I'm going to spend the time to really get into another quest, I want to be able to know for sure I can win that quest without having to wait for the next version.

Perhaps there could be some sort of certification process set up for quests, that delegated represtatives could vote on to judge whether the quest is "complete"? Stuff like bugs, to-be-added features, plot-holes, incomplete graphics, logic flaws, and so on would all be factors that would prevent this label. In other words, any quest which does not meet the highest standard of completeness and playability will not garner the "complete" label. If a quest does, then there could be an easy-to-see icon placed beside that quest in the viewable database listing, to let guys like me know what's worth playing and what's just a demo.

That would help me out a lot. Let me know what you think!

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:40 PM

Sorting guidelines:
Quests are playable "games" that can be played with Zelda Classic. These files must be QST files. Demo or beta quests are not allowed under any circumstances.

care to explain which quest you found?

#3 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:09 PM

Yeah, all of the games here on the database suppose to be 100% completed. If not, it is against the rules.

#4 SenjyuKanon

SenjyuKanon

Initiate

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:59 AM

Quest database

#5 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:43 AM

SenjyuKanon, please add to the conversation when posting. Like, tell us what about the quest database, instead of just saying "Quest Database." Thanks.

Alrighty, now, Jonathan already showed you the rule about submitting quests, and that demo/betas aren't allowed. If there is one that's a demo/beta, please let me know, so I can deal with it. Thanks.

#6 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:14 PM

They should all be complete. Some quests are known to have very challenging puzzles which could make it appear that there is no way to progress, but every quest should be winnable. icon_wink.gif

"Quest for the Whales" is arguably an incomplete quest, though.

Edited by nicklegends, 25 June 2005 - 12:15 PM.

#7 Guest_demione (Guest)

Guest_demione (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:39 PM

quest database

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

I'm not a mod.. but suff like that... ... ...

Quest for Whales is the best quest in the world, EVAR!!!111

Technically, it is complete, its jusy super short...

Anyway, no, betas and demos are not alowed...
Sorting guidelines:
Quests are playable "games" that can be played with Zelda Classic. These files must be QST files. Demo or beta quests are not allowed under any circumstances.

I could have sworn somebody said that before...

#9 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE(demione @ Jun 28 2005, 09:39 PM)
quest database

demione, I could have sworn I just posted this second quote here. An easy way to get banned, is doing exactly what you already know is wrong, especially when you obviously saw my warning for the other person in this thread. Do not do it again. Thanks.
QUOTE(Hero Link @ Jun 25 2005, 01:43 AM)
, please add to the conversation when posting. Like, tell us what about the quest database, instead of just saying "Quest Database." Thanks.

#10 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

All of the quest are completed.

Have a nice (cheese) day...

EDIT: I just noticed that you all mentioned "The Quest For The Whales"...and I have to say I am extremely pissed off at you dirty mother f....hahaha...got ya...see...some people may be offended or want to argue...but I have no problems with anything anyone says...as long as they aren't out right flaming my quest as teh poop...

You are all my friends...and even my friends in real life tell me I am a retard sometimes...hehe...I am...

Edited by phil, 30 June 2005 - 09:53 AM.

#11 Guest_demione (Guest)

Guest_demione (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:09 PM

oh, blow it out your a**, kid.

#12 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:22 PM

keep actin like that demione and you can kiss yours goodbye

go do something productive like read the rules of this forum or something

#13 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(demione @ Jul 2 2005, 10:09 AM)
oh, blow it out your a**, kid.

Why sign up for the site if you're just here to deface it? icon_sweat.gif

Anyway, "Quest for the Whales" I suppose could be considered a complete quest, but it is literally hundreds of times shorter than most others. Does that please you, phil? icon_wink.gif

#14 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

Demione, please do not flame. We don't need these forums turning into a flame fest.

Jonathan, your post did not contribute to the topic, thus considered spam. icon_neutral.gif Also, your post was boarder line Rent-a-mod. We mods can take care of these things ourselves. icon_wink.gif

#15 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Jul 2 2005, 01:07 PM)
Jonathan, your post did not contribute to the topic, thus considered spam. icon_neutral.gif Also, your post was boarder line Rent-a-mod. We mods can take care of these things ourselves. icon_wink.gif

sorry if that borderlined rent-a-mod LTM but it wasnt intended icon_rolleyes.gif

and as for spam,there wasnt much about the topic at hand that hasnt already been said
this simple fact is there arnt supposed to be any demos in the database

and if he did find one it doesnt look as though he is going to tell us what quest he found
he could easily tell the site staff so they could do something about it
but instead hes chose to remain silent and let them play 99 quests in search of 1 demo and to flame the people who tryed to help him icon_confused.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users