• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#16 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:23 AM

I took breaks.

I've worked on several at once before, and got them all done; some people comended me for that. I started these other new quests (TDC, SDR) only to try and get back into ZC, and it failed.
Now... haven't you noticed how many are being dumped? SB is gone, I actually dumped another idea (The Demonic Blade), and I've been unable to even work on my other new projects. This hasn't happened before.
In my case, it doesn't matter how many projects I have going, I've had more than three at one time, and STILL got them all done. I'm just bored of this program now. Even if I wanted to go back, it probably wouldn't work out.

You can keep a countdown, but I assure you I probably won't go back to it anytime soon. icon_shrug.gif ZC is going to be like an old game to me now. Something you may go back to in a few years just to play again, and usually that only lasts for a small period of time; not enough time to produce a quest.

#17 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

Sucks to see you're retiring, but I totally understand why. Good luck with the rest of highschool PolygonX8 icon_smile.gif . Who knows, you may end up making commercial games or something. You are one of my favorite quest makers, man. Glad to hear you're still gonna work on making sprities and stuff icon_wink.gif .

#18 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:49 PM

Wow..PolygonX8..that's exactly how I feel... icon_blink.gif ZC being a old game..just everything you said. Guys, if he says he isn't coming back, just leave it alone. You can get people pist off for keep on repeatin' somethin' they said they won't do agian..

#19 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:35 PM

I can't even believe I did it like this.

I'll tell the truth this time.
I said I was "retiring" so I could work alone, not have testers, and hopefully all those who use ZC would stop pestering me with darn crap of theirs. Because I knew if I said I was just going to be a "lone" zc'er, I'd still get pestered by others with ZC stuff.
Why'd I say this so soon? Because I suck. I can't keep my own secret. And I can't be trusted.

I'm going to operate like this:
- Make quests w/o others being aware
- I will NOT, and repeat, NOT play any other quests unless I want to.
- I will also not test quests; this is about the same as above.
- Do not pester me with screenshots and such on AIM, as I'll just ignore it.
- I will let SOME certain people test quests due to their great attention towards them, and the actual "want" to test.

From now on, I'm going to work alone as it's much easier, and less of a hassle.
Now you're probably wondered why I'm so infuriated. One, some damn friend borrowed a 60-point assignment in WH, and didn't bring it back the day it was due; I'm fscking pissed about that.
And two... the main one... is because my dad is doing poorly at work, so he thinks he can be an ass to my mom and I. Well, #$@^@$# him. I didn't even get lunch money this morning, so I was starving all day.

I'm... sorry. I'm just sick of some things going on right now, and I truly do wish to just work alone.

#20 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:50 PM

Oh, pssht. I feel the same way right now. icon_razz.gif ... Well,.. with a significant amount of modifications. ^_^;; icon_lol.gif

I too wouldn't like people constantly pestering me with screenshots and such. You're more than entitled to your own privacy. icon_smile.gif Heck, I ever recently registered a new AIM name that nobody knows about just so people could chat! icon_freak.gif

Of course, since I am the self-proclaimed Pure Public Relations guy, it's my duty to review screenshots people send me. So instead of asking PolygonX8, ask me. icon_wink.gif The AIM name is BH4 PZC. Just don't ask me to review Midis that you've made, if you have way too many of them. Tiles, I'm more than happy to review. ^_^

Good luck with your newfound Privacy Ian. icon_smile.gif But please don't leave the Pure Staff. You're FAR too good of an S-Mod/Staff member to leave. Seriously. Without any form of exaggeration.

#21 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:53 PM

School sucks, doesn't it?

I know, there have been times at work or in home life or something where you just get SO frustrated that you can't stand to do the things you like.

You'll recover. Take whatever you need dude. Even if ZC doesn't last forever, friendships do if you work on them hard enough.

-James

#22 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:56 PM

see guys, I told you...I'm glad people don't bother me around like that. Well PolygonX8, can I ask a question? Not to annoy, just a personal question. Did people still bother you after you said that you lost interest in ZC?

#23 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:58 PM

While I can't answer that outright, as I'm not him, but I can say that people tend to flock to genius. icon_wink.gif Our good buddy Exate here is certainly no exception. icon_wink.gif icon_thumbsup.gif He's a masterful tiles artist, and knows a good screen when he sees one. Thus, I am glad that he will not leave the spriting field. I look forward to the day when one of his effortless designs overpowers one of Prince's even on his best day. icon_wink.gif

(No offense, Prince, of course. icon_wink.gif Heh. We wubu.)

#24 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:07 PM

Wait till Prince readed that j/k...Well Ian(PolygonX8) you'll be known as a secrect quest maker. Which is better like that. I am like that. I never release or tell storys, nothin'. Just a little bit of shots. icon_sly.gif

Edited by DragonBoy, 30 March 2005 - 09:07 PM.

#25 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(BH4)
But please don't leave the Pure Staff. You're FAR too good of an S-Mod/Staff member to leave. Seriously. Without any form of exaggeration.

I don't know. I hardly do crap anymore, and the only thing I did in the past few months was find one spammer. Plus, LTM and Radien are now SMods, so I'm not really needed.

This thing only lasted a day, but it did tone down a little bit...

#26 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:13 AM

Hmmm... well, I hope things improve for you. I understand the feeling, although the most I'm likely to do is work in fullscreen ZQuest without checking the internet for a long period of time, like today. (I got a full floor of my current dungeon finished, so it was worth it.)

I'm not sure what you're going to be working on, but say... if you have a character sprite looks like it's not going to get any "screen time," I'd love to give the character a cameo in my own quest, just for fun. icon_smile.gif It'd be funny to see Exater hanging out in some town or dungeon somewhere in DoR...

#27 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:21 AM

Exate make cameo appearances? Heh... I already had him planned for somewhere in TDC, and SDR, but if you want to put him in DoR, fine with me. icon_smile.gif
Granted your answer is "yes," I'll send the sprites right away. You also may want to check out a little bit of the SB demo for 2.10... which is in CQD... somewhere to get an idea of how Exate speaks.

#28 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 04:19 PM

Well, I am glad to hear you are still questing, but I do hope things improve for you bud. Life sucks at times, but ya just gotta pull through it.

#29 Guest_HoBoLiNk (Guest)

Guest_HoBoLiNk (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:01 PM

icon_cry.gif NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!You are the greatest quest maker EVER!!!
The best Metroid game I've EVER played is MTTP!!!Don't give up PGx... icon_blink.gif You can have my Metroid quest idea? I suck at quest making and I thought my quest should bein the hands of the best.Do me the honor of useing my idea.And you don't have to stick to the exact idea you could take the idea and change whatever you want.I'll PM you the story if you want it?PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

#30 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

Make sure you don't use short hand here...Mods get mad for that. And if you haven't notice, there's mods everywhere... icon_worried.gif about 15 i think.

Well..I think that if PolygonX8 wanted an idea, he would have said he did...that's what he means. Everyone asks to much from him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users