How do I make---

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 frankie

frankie

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

I want too know how too make a website(or somthing close too it) and how too make a Banner that'll Link you too
my page.( like the one's in you're SIG icon_razz.gif ) I want too know how too create a forum too. icon_heh.gif
Wow, I'm getting way ahead of myself. So can ya'll help me out? icon_biggrin.gif

PS-Is this the right forum? icon_blink.gif

#2 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

I guess it is, seeing as it deals with computers (kinda).

Anyway....

I recommend trying freewebs to start out.
You basically make your own website. It's a bit limited if you don't know CSS (or HTML), but the selection of styles is good enough.... well.... for me at least.

It's free, but the bandwith is a bit small (500 megs a month). You can put a forum on it. icon_heh.gif

Edited by Majora's Wrath, 05 July 2007 - 10:32 PM.

#3 frankie

frankie

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:40 PM

Cooooool, thanks Majora's Wrath , now all I need is a good banner maker icon_razz.gif .(free please..PLEASE!)

#4 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:08 AM

Just use ms paint. Or some other drawing program.

#5 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

But Evan some people *like me* are not any good at anything related to graphics. But I think he'll be okay.

QUOTE(Majora's Wrath @ Jul 5 2007, 10:31 PM) View Post

I guess it is, seeing as it deals with computers (kinda).

Anyway....

I recommend trying freewebs to start out.
You basically make your own website. It's a bit limited if you don't know CSS (or HTML), but the selection of styles is good enough.... well.... for me at least.

It's free, but the bandwith is a bit small (500 megs a month). You can put a forum on it. icon_heh.gif

I found a better host with that supports php making you able to have your own forum. But it takes a long time to accept your site reqest, you need good reasons too. Also it gives free Domains and sub domains. *checks email* Nope, still not accepeted. icon_frown.gif profusehost.net

#6 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(frankie @ Jul 5 2007, 10:40 PM) View Post

Cooooool, thanks Majora's Wrath , now all I need is a good banner maker icon_razz.gif .(free please..PLEASE!)

Gimp is good for banners. It's quite powerful, and not too hard to use. It can also do almost as much as Photoshop (which costs hundreds of dollars) with upgrades, and it's only zero times the cost!

#7 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:07 PM

Need a banner? I can make one for you if you want, just give me all your info.

#8 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:41 PM

One thing you should try is Google Pages, everything is WYSIWYG, just point and click.

#9 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:18 PM

I recommend ICDSoft if you want your own website. You can have your own domain name with tons of space and bandwidth for about $75 a year or something.

The only drawback is that they only allow top level domain names of .com .net .org .us .biz .info.

Edited by Siguy, 06 July 2007 - 06:24 PM.

#10 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

Y'know, I have something better than freewebs, more space, PHP support, comes with a MySQL database, plus, a tools installer that installs the software onto the site for you if you want to use things like CuteNews or phpBB (a forum software package).

www.awardspace.com

Great for people just starting out. Sign up for a free plan (the "free subdomain") and you automatically get your account. I signed up early, and it's easy to do. I reccommend it for people who want decent free service. I'm about to start paying for their service (This was my descision, not theirs), and I'll loose the big limits. But I highly reccommend you try it. You'll get a web address something like frankie.awardspace.com or even idontcare.awardspace.com or whatever you want. Just do it!

#11 NineInchNails

NineInchNails

Initiate

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(TheMasterSwordsman @ Jul 7 2007, 09:58 AM) View Post

Y'know, I have something better than freewebs, more space, PHP support, comes with a MySQL database, plus, a tools installer that installs the software onto the site for you if you want to use things like CuteNews or phpBB (a forum software package).

www.awardspace.com

Great for people just starting out. Sign up for a free plan (the "free subdomain") and you automatically get your account. I signed up early, and it's easy to do. I reccommend it for people who want decent free service. I'm about to start paying for their service (This was my descision, not theirs), and I'll loose the big limits. But I highly reccommend you try it. You'll get a web address something like frankie.awardspace.com or even idontcare.awardspace.com or whatever you want. Just do it!

I was about to post that. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users