TLOZ: The 3 Crystals(Interactive)

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

Hi again, Lightwulf! Glad to see you're back. Having read the latest part of your story, I really want to read on1

Anyway, I'd like to say to anyone who's looking at this topic who isn't GrantGreif or Lightwulf, I'm fine with anyone joining at this point, starting whenever in relation to our stories. I'm sure GrantGreif and Lightwulf wouldn't mind. In fact, we'd probably like that. Frankly, having only three people here is fun, but not as fun as it would be with many others.

And now, a question to anyone who wants to continue here. Basically, Nexas (Goriya when the topic started), the one who began this topic, made two characters, introduced in posts #1 and #13. In post #29, he quit, and left the characters open for use in anyone's stories. My question is: Does anyone want them? If not, I've got ideas for them, but I'm fine if anyone else has a use for them. I can make up more characters if need be.

Now, on with the story:

-----------------------------------------------

Recap:

Spoiler

Kinek

Day 10- Evening

We've found a cave nearby. It's not much, but it should keep us safe from the Lynels. It's huge; Goroko and I have only seen the entrance room. We're not gong further in, though; there could be monsters. Honestly, I'm a little afraid about what'll happen to me and Goroko if we're found here, by the Lynels, or by monsters from the cave. I don't think either of us want to be executed or, whatever the monsters would do to us.

"That Lynel," said Goroko. "Who is he?"

I hesitated before answering. "He was a friend. I met him in Kakariko Village"

"He 'was' a friend? What do you mean?"

I slowly explained what had happened between the two of us. How he had joined myself and Zrutho to get to the Darkness Shrine. How it had turned out that he was the boss of the dungeon, and how I had killed him.

"You killed him?" asked Goroko. "How is he here, then?"

"How am I supposed to know?" I exclaimed. "I must have killed him, or the dungeon wouldn't have given me the dungeon item. But, clearly, he's alive, or he wouldn't be here, and he couldn't have talked to us. I don't understand." I paused. "And I still don't know if I can trust him. He told me before we fought, that Link had killed his parents."

"I thought Lynels lived for hundreds of years. Link isn't old enough to have killed his parents."

"No, no, one of Link's ancestors killed Fizleon's parents. And now Fizleon wants revenge. At least that's what he told me. He wants to kill the current Link."

Goroko looked shocked for a moment, but soon the expression was gone. "To be fair," he said, "I understand where he's coming from."

"What?" It was my turn to be shocked.

"Link may be a hero, but he's a warrior. And, in war, people die. I won't go so far as to say Link was a murderer, as I believe everyone who died by his hand were also warriors, and were killed in battle. But he was definitely a killer. And Lynels are not savages, despite what many people will have you believe. You remember I was sent up here to deal with Lynels before. I know them well enough to know that, despite physical features and who their species tends to serve, they're basically just like you or I. They love, they hate, they get happy, sad, angry. They're just as sentient as us. Fizleon must have loved his parents, and when Link, whichever one it was, killed them, he must have been devastated. Of course he wants revenge."

We were silent for some time. "You know," I said. "You're right. I may have been too harsh on him at first. There's no reason to try and force him to stop his revenge. But I won't let him carry it out. I'm going to try and help him let go of it over time."

Goroko smiled at me. "Good. Now, I'm a little hungry." He picked up a few pebbles off the ground, studied them closely, and, when he was sure they were good to eat, he put them in his mouth. I, myself, looked in my supply bag and took out a small fruit. I ate that, and then lay down. Wishing Goroko good night, I began to fall asleep.

Edited by klop422, 29 July 2015 - 07:24 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#92 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:49 AM

Name: Soren Hamelton
Type: Foreigner
Race: Hylian?
Main Hand: Right
Weapon-of-Choice: Heavy Iron Sword
Back-Story: In Termina, when the Moon was falling, Soren's ancestors ran away to another land to avoid being crushed.  After Link saved Termina, they did not want to return, as they preferred the quiet life to the busy city life of Clock Town.

Many Years Later

Soren had always dreamed of adventure, so he and his wife Beatrice set off in search of new lands.  However, Hyrule didn't have the the kind of adventure they had wanted.  They had just ran smack down in the middle of a fierce battle between the rebels and the dark lord's soldiers!  Confused and off guard, Soren and Beatrice had nothing but small swords, and little training.  While Soren managed to fight off some of the enemies, Beatrice was stabbed killed by a Darknut. In an act of Rage, he took a fallen soldier's sword and armor, killed the Darknut, and joined the battle.  He will never forgive the dark lord for what he has done to him...

Edit: Changed things so the 70 years thing would make sense

Edited by CyberGamer1539, 03 August 2015 - 10:21 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#93 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

Welcome aboard CyberGamer!  One question though, are the fleeing Termina and being caught in the battle parts completely separate?  Because if they aren't, then your character's family would have been wandering for quite a long time.  I don't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but I believe this takes place 70-ish years after OoT, and thus about 65-ish years after MM.  Just a little nitpick.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your character goes, particularly since nobody so far is from Termina.

#94 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:30 PM

OOC: I'm looking into joining in again, but I would like to ask a few questions:

How do you get the image of your Hyrule Atlas? I went onto ImageShack and enabled all scripts and I can't see it.

Can I get a summary of all the events that have occured in the RP?

#95 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

You can find a recap in klop's post at the top of the page.

#96 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

Glad to see you join, CyberGamer1539! :)

I'm working on a post (offline), but I figured I should answer this:

OOC: I'm looking into joining in again, but I would like to ask a few questions:

How do you get the image of your Hyrule Atlas? I went onto ImageShack and enabled all scripts and I can't see it.

???  The (most recent) link leads to Mediafire, not ImageShack.  :confused:   If you click on the link, it should pull it up in a separate window/tab.

Try clicking the link in one of my more recent posts.  I just clicked on the one at the top of post 76 and it pulled it right up.

#97 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:03 PM

Welcome aboard CyberGamer!  One question though, are the fleeing Termina and being caught in the battle parts completely separate?  Because if they aren't, then your character's family would have been wandering for quite a long time.  I don't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but I believe this takes place 70-ish years after OoT, and thus about 65-ish years after MM.  Just a little nitpick.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your character goes, particularly since nobody so far is from Termina.

Ok then, will edit the post soon!

#98 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:26 PM

Soren

Day 1 - Early Morning

Soren couldn't stop thinking about Beatrice.  They had a happy relationship, and now it's ruined.  The dark lord (or so the rebels call him) will pay for this!  He didn't know what to do, they did everything together!

Noon

After carving Beatrice's name into a large stone, he simply sat down next to it and mourned for his beautiful wife.  Soon he realized that he was very tired, he had just traveled for 2 weeks, and hadn't gotten any sleep in the past few days.  He needed to sleep, so he laid down and slept.

Edited by CyberGamer1539, 03 August 2015 - 11:04 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#99 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:24 AM

OOC: Chillen and his crewmates have recently arrived at Saldora Bay and then departed again after being ambushed by a trio of Goryias before the town mayor could hear of this news. Gareth, a town guard, decided to join Chillen as he sailed away from the docks

OOC: Day 8 - Night (beginning from 0200)

Back aboard the ship, Chillen sat at his ships' steering wheel chewing on the rind of a lime as the captain observed the water in front of the ship lit up from a combination of bright moonlight and a lantern hanging below the hull. The wind gently blew across the sea, the ship's mast going up from the center of the ship catching what little of the wind was present. The deck of the ship itself was well lit up by various torches set up on the mast and various wooden beams rising up from the edge of the deck. Sitting on a crate next to the fox was an unarmored Gareth; the armored guard from Saldora Bay who decided to join him on the ship, conversing with the captain and directing him.
"So Leanne was running for mayor when my parents docked over at Saldora Bay six years ago. is that correct, sir Gareth?" Chillen asked to confirm details with the guard, turning his head away from the water to him.
Gareth nodded and confidently returned "Yes, she was. The election was held not long after your parents set off to search for the three goddess jewels and she, to the dismay of the townspeople, rigged the election in her favour. While I am here, it should be noted that she is directly responsible for the lack of communication between you and your parents-"
"-That blasted matriarch! I knew they encountered foul play over there and-" Chillen interrupted Gareth, cursing and slamming the hand that had the lime rind he was chewing on in on the steering wheel out of anger as the revelation punched him in the face.
"-Hold yourself! Anger isn't going to do you any good right now." Gareth cut the enraged captain off mid-sentence to try to calm him down.
Regaining composure, Chillen held his hands in a tense but calmer position while his facial expression switched to a tense state as opposed to an angry state like before. "She had no idea who she was messing with, and I will prove it to her in due time." he expressed his anger in a calmer, more collected manner as he put both hands on the ship's steering wheel.
"I would also advise against hurling yourself at her right now - it is clear that she is a subject of the Dark Lord. Defeating her will liberate the town, but then you will become a direct target for the Dark Lord himself and you stand little chance of finding the truth behind your parents before they hunt you down and kill you." Gareth warned his fellow captain, hiding a smirk behind a concerned expression.

Looking into the moonlit sky, Gareth gazed into the stars as if they would give him directions for a considerable period of time. Puzzled at the guards' behavior, Chillen eyed him for a few moments.
"Are you supposed to be giving me directions to the secret cove you were talking about before we got on the ship?" Chillen asked Gareth, uncertain on wherever he was actually paying attention or not.
"Steer the ship to the south" Gareth immediately instructed the fox, looking into the compass set on the centre of the steering wheel, which showed they were travelling SouthEast.

Not a moment after Gareth issued the instructions, the waters in front of the ship suddenly stopped shining under the glow of the moon as the air begins to warm up around the ship and wind peters out. The only source of light around the front of the ship, the lantern, begins to flicker as do the torches around the deck. Looking between South and Southeast, the captain could spy a number of unusual lights growing bigger. Sensing a hostile atmosphere, Chillen whimpered as he left the steering wheel and rushed below deck.
"CALLING ALL CREW MEMBERS! THIS IS CAPTAIN CHILLEN SPEAKING! WE ARE HAVE A HOSTILE SITUATION! STAND ON GUARD AND FOLLOW MY ORDERS!" Chillen ordered everyone on board through the hall below deck before rushing out with a bow, a quiver filled with arrows, and his Strawberry Shield, Wayward Sword and his Ice Rod in his backpack; prepared to fight.
A sudden rush of crew members followed Chillen as he arrived back on deck. Fully dressed and armed with weapons, the seven other crew members arrived on deck behind Chillen; also ready to fight on the ship.

"CREW, HOSTILES AT QUARTER PAST 5! ASSUME COMBAT POSITIONS!" the fox ordered his crewmates. Within earshot of the order, most of the various crew members rushed in the direction of the lights; with a male black bear climbing up the mast to the mast's summit and manning a ballista at the top.

"FIRE KEESE!" shouted a deep voice from above, presumably made by the bear, followed by a pop from the ballista and one of the flames in the distance falling down into the ocean.

His fears confirmed, Chillen took sight at the flames now identified as Fire Keese and set an arrow onto the bow as he pulled the bowstring back before firing an arrow at one of the flames. Seeing no difference in the number of flames flapping about after his shot, Chillen cursed to himself at his miss as the flock broke up and spread around in an attempt to flank the ship. In a few moments, the Keese came into full view around the ship as everyone positioned themselves in the appropriate battle stations to combat the threat, firing arrows at the fiery threats at the appropriate times.

"Gah! This one is too quick!" cried the voice from above as the bear slid down the mast to combat the Keese with a boomerang equipped in his hands.
"Norman give that one to me if you can't handle it!" Chillen frustratingly ordered the bear, looking at the top of the mast where the ballista is mounted, in disbelief that a simple Keese could cause him to retreat.
Wasting no time in responding, the fox puts away his bow and goes to search for a potential hook that could haul him up to the top of the mast. However, this response came too late as, from the moment he moved to search, his left forearm was slashed by a wing. Yelping in pain and surprised it did not burn, Chillen flinched for a moment as Norman sprung to the captain's side and quickly applied some herbal solution to the wound before swiftly bandaging it to keep it from stinging when he returns to combat; shortly before the bear returned to combat the fluttering fires.

"Darn it! We got a Bat Wizzrobe behind you!" Gareth turned around and warned Chillen with haste as he retreated to below deck, prompting the fox to look behind himself.

Turning around, Chillen stared face to face with a hooded green-robed figure wearing an evil gaze underneath the hood as well as numerous bat-related accessories; a sight that the fox has never seen before. Grabbing his sword and shield from out of his backpack, the fox geared up for a heated battle between himself and the Wizzrobe while everyone else focused on shooting down the Keese.

Edited by Orithan, 06 August 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#100 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

New character:

Name: Meinkae

Type: Escapee

Race: Zora

Main Hand: Ambidextrous

Weapon-of-Choice: Zora Arm Boomerangs

Backstory: When the Dark Lord's forces attacked Zora's domain in the Dark World, Meinkae's parents ensured that he escaped down Zora's river while they stayed and fought.  When he reached the bottom of the river, he began wandering the southern Dark World.

I'll make another post later.

• Lightwulf likes this

#101 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

(Sorry it took so long to post this.  I've been having some trouble getting computer time lately.)

Thanks, klop422! :kawaii: I’m glad to be back!  I’ve been wanting to continue/finish this story for some time; plus, I definitely don’t want to keep you/anyone else waiting too long to hear the rest.

Now, on with the story! :D

---------------------------------------

Hyrule Atlas

Jaron

Inventory

Day 7 – Evening

BGM: TP Hyrule Field – Night Theme

By the time we reached the next intersection, the sun had gone down and it was getting dark.  Rido and I quickly turned to the right along the western road.  After a few minutes, I noticed a small light up ahead, but it took more than a few minutes to get close to it.  Straight distances can be deceiving, I thought to myself.

Finally, we were a stone’s throw away from what appeared to be a humble shack.  The light source was a torch that was mounted next to the front door.  I saw light inside the house through a couple small windows.

“This must be it,” I whispered to Rido.

Rido nodded in agreement.

Despite the house looking like a shack from a distance, it seemed to be made of fine workmanship.  The front door had a knocker in the middle that resembled a Goriya’s head with the circular knocker in its mouth.  Other than that, I could see that the wood had been sanded until it was quite smooth.  I felt the smoothness of the knocker as I lifted it and knocked three times.

“Now, who could that be at this hour???” I faintly heard from inside.  The voice definitely sounded elderly.

I heard something like a small wooden opening sliding open; at the same moment, the eyes of the Goriya head on the door lit up.  “Who is it?” the voice called from behind the door.

At first, I was a little distracted by the lit-up eyes; I hadn’t expected that!  I came to after a couple of seconds.  “We’re here for Gritsam the elder, please.”

“This is him.  What do you want?” came the reply.

I hesitated for a couple of seconds, thinking of the best words to use. “… Faron sent us to you.”

This time, there was no reply.  We heard nothing for about a minute.  Then we heard the small opening sliding shut, the Goriya head’s eyes going dark at the same time.  A few seconds later, a Goriya with gray fur, wearing a long brown robe and holding a wooden cane, opened the door.  “Please, come in,” Gritsam said quietly as he invited us in.  Rido and I entered.  I noticed Gritsam looking outside left and right before he closed the door.

BGM ends.

Inside, we found a small living room with an even smaller kitchen to the left.  One wooden table stood in the middle of the room.  Next to it, to the left was a wooden chair that was surprisingly decently-made, much better-made than the crude wooden cages the Goriyas had held the monkeys in that I’d freed.  To the right of the wooden table was a wooden bench that could seat at least 3 or 4 Kokiri.  In the far corner behind the bench were three other wooden chairs stacked up.  It looked to me like he sometimes had company!  There was a door on the far wall, but the door was closed so I couldn’t see what kind of room it was.  I guessed that it was probably his bedroom.  Overall, I noticed that the entire room we were in looked a bit bigger that it had appeared when we were outside.

“Please, have a seat.”  Gritsam gestured toward the bench by the table.

I sat down first; Rido sat to my left.

“So…” Gritsam hesitated as he took his seat in the chair across from us and relaxed.  “What manner of business has led the great Faron to send… young ones such as you to seek me?”

“Oh, great Gritsam,” I began; I was a bit uncertain on how Goriyas would address each other, let alone their elder.  “I am Jaron, the elder of the Kokiri who live in the Kokiri forest to the northeast.  I sought the guidance of Faron to heal our Great Deku Tree…”

“Ah, yes!” Gritsam interrupted.  “I’ve heard Faron mention the Great Deku Tree, but I’ve never met any of your kind before… what is it, Kokiri?”

I nodded.

“Not that I don’t believe you,” Gritsam continued, “but how do I know that you are who you say you are?”

I thought for a second, and then I got an idea.  I reached in my pouch and pulled out the Kokiri Elder’s Seal that the Great Deku Tree had given me and showed it to Gritsam.  I explained what it was and that the Great Deku Tree had given it to me.

Gritsam examined it and then handed it back to me.  “Well, then,” Gritsam continued. “Go on.”

I then explained all that I’d gone through in carrying out the Great Deku Tree’s task, including my interaction with the monkeys.  I was a little hesitant when describing what Rido and I had done to the Goriyas that had held the monkeys, but Gritsam listened intently and didn’t look displeased with me.  After I finished explaining our task from Faron, Gritsam nodded in acknowledgement and lowered his head, thinking.

“It pains me,” he finally spoke, “to think of what my kind have been doing to the monkeys.  The monkeys are peaceful… but there are those that give in to the temptations of our carnivorous side.  Goriyas are actually omnivores, but there are those that prefer to eat meat.”

I looked at him confusedly.  Gritsam noticed, and stopped.  “’Carnivorous’?” I asked. “’Omnivores’?  Are those Goriya words?  I’ve never heard those words in Hylian before.”

Gritsam smiled.  I’d never seen a smiling Goriya before!  He seemed humored.  “’Goriya words’?” He chuckled.  “My dear boy, the common Goriya language isn’t in words!  Surely you’ve heard some of the sounds the other Goriyas make?”

I thought a minute, and then remembered the Goriyas “speaking” in the clearing after I’d retrieved the healing water.  “Oh… yeah.  Sorry.”

“Think nothing of it,” Gritsam chuckled again.  “’Carnivorous’, or ‘carnivores’, means meat-eaters; ‘herbivores’ are plant-eaters and ‘omnivores ’are those that eat both meat and plants.”

I nodded and listened intently, amazed at his knowledge.

“As I was saying, Goriyas are omnivores, but there are those that lust for meat.  Because of this, Faron has been protecting the monkeys…” Gritsam paused. “It pains me to think that the Dark Lord has enabled my people to do this work of destruction.”  Gritsam closed his eyes for a moment and sighed.  When he looked up at me, his eyes looked moist, but he didn’t let any tears fall.  “Still,” he continued, “I don’t think they are destroyed yet.  If they’ve taken the entire monkey population, they wouldn’t… consume them all by now.  I have a feeling the monkeys are being held.  We Goriyas know how to craft things and I’m certain they would’ve built cages to hold all of them.”

“Yes,” I replied.  “The monkey that escaped from them mentioned she managed to slip out of one of their big cages.”

Gritsam grimly nodded.  “Just as I thought.”  Gritsam sighed again, and stood up, turning toward the front door.  “I will do what I can to help you… but I must give this some thought.  At any rate, it’s too late to do anything tonight.”  He then walked over to his kitchen.  “Can I offer you some shroomsteak or something?”

Shroomsteak?  I looked at Rido.  He looked as surprised as I was.  I responded, “Um, … if that’s made of mushrooms, then… sure.”  I looked at Rido, and he nodded.

Gritsam smiled again.  “I guess you’ve never heard of shroomsteak before.  It’s one of my specialties.  I always offer it to visitors when I’m not sure what they eat.”

“It sounds delicious!” I said.  “Thanks!”

“Yes, thank you, sir!” Rido echoed.  I just realized he hadn’t said a word since we’d arrived.  Probably because he chose to let his elder handle things, I thought.

Gritsam made us some delicious shroomsteaks, though I didn’t see the ingredients as he was cooking so I don’t know exactly what was in it, but when he served it, it looked like the primary ingredient was shiitake mushrooms.  He served it with a tasty gravy sauce.  Rido and I ate our fill.  Then, as Rido and I were cleaning up at a brook to the south, Gritsam made us some comfortable cots and set them up in his living room.  Rido and I settled in for the night on the cots; then Gritsam put the torches out and went to bed.  Before long, I fell fast asleep.

Edited by Lightwulf, 06 August 2015 - 01:38 PM.

#102 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

Wow,there's been a lot going on!
Nice to see you join again, Orithian. And welcome, CyberGamer.
I haven't posted in a while, cos I've been away at my gran's house on holiday, and she has no need for internet. So I haven't been on in a while.
Also, I can't really post a very long post here, because the laptop's charger is broken, so I'm doing this from a tablet, which is kind of a nightmare to type with (at least in my opinion).
For that reason, I'm also not updating the story recap in this post.
Now, to continue with the next part

-------------

Sorn Nors
Day 9-Evening

Gasser's not very talkative. He followed us back to the Temple, and we showed him to his room, and all the while he said nothing but "thank you". Clearly, he's got something on his mind. He could talk to save his life, but now he can't. And, during our evening meal (ugh, more leever) I caught him staring deep into space. He hasn't said a word to Asara or me since we'd found him.
When he was gone, I began to talk to Asara.
"Do you think we can trust him?" I asked
"I don't know..." she looked thoughtful. "I don't think a Scrub is able to commit a massively evil act." She leaned closer to me. "They aren't, you know, the most intelligent people"
I smiled. "But you don't need to be too clever to do evil. And maybe he is being made to do evil"
"By whom? The Deku King?"
"If anyone, then him. He's intelligent enough. If he's even doing evil. He could be telling the truth."
Asara was silent for a moment. "Maybe..." She paused again. "No, I don't trust him. I don't think he's telling the truth. I think the most likely candidate for the evildoer here is the Deku King, I'll say. When we get to him, I think one of us has to keep an eye on him, and the scrub. You'd better practice your stealth. You might need it."
  • Lightwulf likes this

#103 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:31 AM

Sorry it's been so long, gang. :sorry:  I finally managed to find the time to sit down and work this out.  It turned out better than I'd planned it! :)

BTW, Gritsam will get separated from Jaron.  I was wondering this: should I start a separate narration line for him? or just continue from Jaron's perspective?

Thanks! :)  Now, on with the story!

Hyrule Atlas

Jaron

Inventory

Day 7 – Night

As I slept, I dreamt that I was back at Aril Nom with all the other monkeys.  In my dream, I was sitting with the monkeys that sat next to Oonak, when Oonak turned to me and spoke.  “Jaron,” Oonak said, “not everything you see is what it appears to be.”  … That statement puzzled me.

“What does that mean?” I thought.  In this dream, when I thought, my thoughts came out in words, though I didn’t feel my lips moving at all.

In response, Oonak got up, turned toward the entrance hole in the giant tree and entered it.  In a moment, Oonak returned with a large mirror.  “Take a look,” said Oonak as he lifted the mirror so I could view myself in it.

I saw… that… I was a monkey!!!  I’d thought that I’d been wearing the Mask of Translation the whole time!  “Oh no!!!” I cried out.  “What happened to me???”  Suddenly, a shadowy figure appeared in the mirror behind me, and I heard a faint, sinister chuckle as the shadowy figure lit up.  It was… that blue Goriya with the hood, the one I’d called “Old Hoody”!  I could now see that he had an eyepatch over one eye.  I gasped in surprise.  Seeing my reaction, Old Hoody lifted his head upward and let out a loud, evil laugh!!!

“Aaaah!”  I sat up wide-eyed in my cot, gasping for breath, my heart pounding wildly.  Suddenly, I realized it was all a dream.  I heaved a sigh of relief.  I looked over at Rido, who had snorted when I cried out; thankfully, I hadn’t awakened him.  I looked over at Gritsam’s door, but it was shut tight and I couldn’t hear anything beyond it.  I lay back down, feeling my heart was much calmer, and dozed off again.

Day 8 – Morning

I awoke to an… interesting smell.  I opened one eye.  Dawn was breaking, casting an illuminating glow through the ceiling.  I hadn’t noticed before, but Gritsam’s hut had a little tiny “room” in the top with no floor and open on four sides.  I’d never seen a skylight in a house before!

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, stretching my arms as I yawned.

“Ah!  Good morning!  Rise and shine, eh?” Gritsam chuckled.  Gritsam’s greeting aroused Rido, and he began to stretch and yawn, as well.

I looked over towards Gritsam and saw him cooking a meal in his kitchen.  I got up and stretched my stiff legs.  My body was still not quite used to all this walking I’d been doing.

“Come!  Sit!” Gritsam urged me as he spooned some servings of yellow-and-gray food onto some plates.  I moved my cot so that Rido had room to sit by the table and I could sit on it next to the table.  As Rido finished stretching, Gritsam served our plates to us on the table.

“What is it?” I asked, not sure of what I was smelling.

“Freshly caught sleggarots!” he replied.

… “What???” Rido and I said at the same time.  I shook my head and pulled myself together.  “I’m sorry, but could you explain what ‘sleggarots’ are?”

“You’ve never had sleggarots before, have you?” smiled Gritsam.  “They are a delicacy for us Goriyas.  …  All I’ll say is that I was lucky enough to find some sparrow eggs this morning, and that I thoroughly roasted the slugs before I added some mushrooms.”

Ehhh, slugs??? I thought to myself.  I had to restrain myself from showing a look of disgust on my face.  Well, I thought, he said he cooked them real well, so… maybe they won’t be so bad.

I looked at Rido.  He looked at me uncertainly, wide-eyed.

Well, that woke him up! I thought as I grinned.

Rido weakly grinned back and turned toward his plate.

“Don’t wait for me,” said Gritsam as he squeezed the juice out of some oranges.  “Eat up!”

I looked at Rido and gestured my head toward the plate, so as to say “Let’s do this.”  I picked up my fork and used it to pick up some scrambled egg, a (cooked) slug, and a mushroom.  Well, here it goes, I thought as I closed my eyes, stuck the fork in my mouth, and began chewing.  After a few seconds, I opened one eye.  This ain’t half bad! I thought.  “Mmm!” I said as I nodded my head and looked at Rido.  He didn’t look impressed, but he was eating it.  He looked like he was still tired.  I swallowed.  “Not bad, huh?”

“Oh, sure,” Rido replied.  Not as bad as I thought it would be, I could tell he was thinking.

“Like it?” said Gritsam as he brought us all some cups of orange juice.  “As I was saying, the secret is to roast the slugs thoroughly to… ehh… make them taste better.”  It seemed like he’d wanted to say “to eliminate the slimy texture”, but he probably didn’t want to spoil our appetites.

…  I stopped chewing suddenly.  Did I just read their thoughts??? I thought to myself.  I looked at Rido, but he was busy chewing while rubbing sleep out of his eyes.  I looked at Gritsam, but he had started eating and was intently looking at his food.  … Hunh, I thought.  I continued eating.

We had just finished our meal and Gritsam was cleaning the plates, when all of a sudden he stopped.  Noticing the lack of washing sounds, we looked at him, concernedly.  “Is something wrong?” I asked.

“Shhh!!!” Gritsam ordered.

I ducked my head back in embarrassment.

Then I noticed his ears twitching.  Gritsam lifted his head and sniffed the air a little.  Suddenly, he dropped what he was working on and began urging us up and off the cots.  “We’ve got company!” he quickly whispered.

Company??? I thought.  What kind of company???  Because of his urgency, I could only guess that it was not the friendly kind…

“They normally don’t come this early!” Gritsam whispered as he quickly placed our cots inside his room and shut the door.

“Who???” I whispered.

“No time to explain!” Gritsam whispered back as he moved the table aside.  “There’s no telling what they’ll do to either of us if they find you here!”  Gritsam screwed a handle into the floor and lifted, revealing that it was actually a square panel covering a hidden passageway underneath the house.  “Here,” Gritsam said as he reached for my hands, “I’ll lower you down.”

I figured Gritsam must be trying to protect us, so I grabbed onto his hands, stepped over the hole, and closed my eyes tight as Gritsam lowered me down.  Thankfully, the passageway was about my height, so I opened my eyes and helped Gritsam lower Rido safely.  Gritsam reached for the panel to replace it.  “Wait!  What should we do???” I asked frantically.  I was hoping he wouldn’t leave us down there!

“Follow the passage south,” he replied, whispering.  “It leads to a cave that exits behind my house.  And go quickly!  The Goriyas will smell you if you stay below my house!”  With that, he placed the panel in place again.  I could hear him unscrew the handle, to reveal a small hole, and then it went dark as he replaced the table.

Everything was dark in the passage.  Makes sense why we didn’t know about it, I thought.  Rido had grabbed my shoulder as soon as he’d hit the ground, and I could tell by his death-grip on me that he was scared.  I was a bit shaken up, myself.  This all happened so fast!  Before I let my thoughts wander further, I faced the direction I surmised to be south.  “We’d best be going” I told Rido, and then I started feeling along the walls to find my way.  Rido didn’t reply, but I heard his nervous breathing as he followed me.

I ducked my head a little so the roots protruding from the ceiling wouldn’t hit me.  “Watch your head,” I whispered.

“Ackthp!” Rido sputtered. “Tell me sooner next time!!!”

“Sorry!” I replied, stifling a chuckle.  Sounds like he got one right in the face! I thought.

We didn’t have to go far before we started to see light ahead.  The passage appeared to go straight a little ways and then steadily curve right.  As it got lighter, I could make out a sizeable shadow ahead of us.  As we drew nearer, I realized what it was and stopped in my tracks.  A Skulltula!!!  Rido felt me stop and stopped as well, then gasped.  “You see it?” I asked.

“The Skulltula?  Yeah,” he replied.

“No problem,” I began.  “I’ll just hit it with my…”  I felt for my slingshot, only to feel nothing!  I felt around myself; I’d forgotten my belt in Gritsam’s house!  “Oh no!” I whispered.  “I don’t have my belt!”

I heard Rido gasp again.  “Oh no!” he whispered back.  “I don’t have mine either!”

How will we get by this Skulltula without our gear??? I thought.  “Look around,” I whispered.  “See if you can find something.”

“Okaaay,” Rido hesitated.  “It’s kinda’ hard to see in a dark cave, buuut…”

I reached down and felt the ground, hoping to find something.

Suddenly, I heard a thump.  “Ow!” Rido exclaimed.  I heard another thump as he landed against a wall.

“You okay?” I whispered.

“Yeah… Hey, I think I found something!” Rido replied.

I grinned.  “Found it with your foot?”

“Yeah,” Rido said as he pulled at something.  He grunted a few times until finally he pulled it up.  I heard some dirt rain down as Rido brushed it off.  “I think this rock will do!” he whispered.

“Go for it!” I encouraged.

Rido slowly crept forward, rock in hand poised behind him, ready to throw.  He got within a few feet, stopped, and quickly lobbed the rock at the belly of the Skulltula.  Direct hit!  Fortunately, it had been facing its hard side towards the exit.  It writhed on the ground and left a recovery heart; when Rido touched it, the heart healed his toe that he’d stubbed on the rock earlier.  We then quickly exited the cave, since it was light enough to see.

To be continued…

#104 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:36 PM

Meinkae

Day 4 - Afternoon

I am out of food.  I have been hiding in this pond for four days.  I can hear the grunts and roars of the moblins around me when I go near the surface, and there's no way I could escape without them noticing me.  But I ate the last fish I could find in here this morning, and stomach is screaming in pain.  I have to do it.  The moblins kill to eat and survive, and I must do the same.  I have to summon all of my courage and skill with my boomerangs and kill a moblin.  After I mentally prepared myself, I slowly sneaked out of the pond.  Just twenty meters away was a moblin facing the other direction.  I carefully took aim, and let my boomerangs fly.  I watched, terrified of what might happen.  And my fear came true.  I had barely missed the moblin, and he turned around with a look of rage on his face.  He began to charge with his spear.  I was paralyzed by fear.  Any attempt to move was futile.  Suddenly, the great pain in my stomach increased one-thousand fold.  Then all feeling vanished completely, and my vision went black.

Gereiffof

Day 4 - Evening

I went south from Ravio's house, and heard the roar of a moblin, followed by what sounded like 10 roaring in response.  I drew my sword and prepared myself for the worst.  I came upon a dreary-looking valley, looked around and saw a large group of moblins huddled together.  I started to sneak up on them.  I could hear their grunts louder and louder until one of them saw me and alerted the rest.  I went white with fear.  However, the memory of speaking with princess Zelda passed through my head, and I remembered that I was the one who was to save this land.  I snapped back to reality and gripped my sword tightly.  I yelled loudly and charged at the moblins.  The first swing slashed two of them through the chest.  The second decapitated another.  After that, I was running on pure adrenaline.  After I had defeated them all, I looked down at the ground that they were gathered on, and was surprised to see a regal-looking Zora with an enormous wound in his torso.  I checked his pulse, and found that he was dead, but still a little warm.  I quickly took out my bottled fairy, who sprinkled her magic on him and flew away.  I waited for him to wake up for what felt like ages.  Finally, after about fifteen seconds, he coughed violently and opened his eyes.

Meinkae

Day 4 - Night

All of a sudden, everything came back to me.  Although it felt like I had lost feeling a fraction of a second ago, I could tell that some time had passed.  I couldn't remember anything that had happened.  The first thing I felt seemed like it was my own throat squirming back into place.  I broke out into a coughing fit, and heard a Hylian man start talking.

"Are you okay?", he asked frantically.

"*cough* *hack* Yeah, I *cough* think so", I responded, "What happened?"

"You tell me.  I just found you lying here and treated you with a spare fairy I had"

I thought hard, and everything started coming back to me.  I told the man the story of how I fled, how I ended up in the pond, and how I died.  The last part felt kind of surreal.

"What's your name?", I asked him.

"Gereiffof.  What's yours?"

"Meinkae", I responded.

"Meinkae, huh?  Tell me, Meinkae, do you know how to get to the water temple from here?"

I got my bearings again, and remembered where the water temple was.  "It's that big stone structure down there."  I pointed down towards the bottom of the valley at the temple.  "Why do you need to know?"

"I need to complete the trial of water and obtain the sage's medallion.", he responded.

"Oh.  Well, good luck."

The man started to walk toward the temple, and I yelled, "Wait!" The man turned around.  "I, uh, don't really want to die again, so uh... Do you mind if I come with you?"

"Sure!" he said enthusiastically, "You know how to use your Zorarangs, don't you?"

I thought back to my near miss of the moblin.  "Uh, yeah!  Of course!"

"Excellent!  Don't worry too much, though.  I'll do my best to protect you."

We began walking toward the temple, but when I took my first step, my stomach made the loudest growl I'd ever heard.  "Actually, before we go", I yelled, "do you have anything to eat?  I'm starving right now."

"Well", the man gestured toward a pile of dead moblins that I hadn't noticed, "we've got plenty of meat."

• Lightwulf likes this

#105 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

Such a long time. Almost two months since the last post, and about five since my last post. I just spent a couple hours reading through these and adding them to the recap.

Speaking of the recap, here it is:

Spoiler

Now, on with the story!

....and I can't think of anything. I've spent too long absorbing you guys' creativity, so I'm going to work out what to write, and then I'll write it. I haven't written anything in a while, so I need to get back in the groove. See you guys in an edit or a new post in a day or two!

• Lightwulf likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users