TLOZ: The 3 Crystals(Interactive)

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#76 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

@GrantGreif: About the wand, it sounds great!  Just make sure that the wand is located somewhere in the equivalent of Lanayru Province in the Dark World.  I’d say that includes from Hyrule Castle all the way down to Lake Hylia, so there are a lot of options there.   (I’m not sure if the Gerudo Desert was part of it, since it was on a separate map in Twilight Princess, but Lanayru Province is the one that’s closest to it.  I’ll leave it as your call on that one if you desire the wand to be there in the Dark World.  I believe Misery Mire is the Dark World equivalent of the Gerudo Desert.)

@klop422: I could definitely add it to the map.  Where was Fizleon when he encountered it?  Once I know that, I’ll be able to figure out where on the map to put it.

(@everyone: ) Okay, I finally have my next post ready for you!  Here it is:

---------------------------------------

Hyrule Atlas

Jaron

Inventory

Day 7 - Afternoon

After descending the rope ladder, Rido and I went down the path toward the Kokiri Forest a little ways before I stopped.  A couple steps later Rido noticed me and asked “What is it?”

I looked at him thoughtfully.  “We don’t need to walk all that way back to Faron!  Remember that tune the monkeys taught us?”

Rido thought a minute.  “You mean that funky beat they played?”

I smiled.  “Right!  I don’t know if I told you this, but the monkeys said that the Hylians who played that tune were transported back to that big stone slab in their woods, the one that looks just like that one back there!”  I pointed back at the stone slab before the entrance to the Forest Temple.  “We were warped there with the tune that the Great Deku Tree taught us, so we should be able to warp to the monkeys by playing their tune!”

“Hey, yeah!” Rido exclaimed.  “Great idea, Jaron!”

I pulled out my Deku Ocarina.  “Okay.  We’ll do this just like last time.  Hold on tight to me while I play, and it should warp you along with me.”

“Got it,” said Rido.  He got into position behind me and grabbed onto me.

I then played the song:

---^---^-----^-

----------->---

-A---A---A-----

You played the Monkey Rumba!

Warp to Aril Nom?

-No

>Yes

The same type of flash that had whisked us back to the Forest Temple, but more of a grayish light than a greenish light, transported us in a flash back to the stone slab in the monkey’s woods.  I felt Rido holding on to me, making me relieved that the trick had worked again.  Rido released me.  I put away my Ocarina, just as Rido spoke up.

“Say, does it seem kind of… quiet… to you?”

I stopped moving and listened.  No crickets chirped.  I heard no abnormal rustling of leaves, branches or anything; just the light rustling of a gentle breeze blowing through the trees.  All seemed quiet.  A little too quiet.  I whispered to Rido, “We should go check on the monkeys.”  Rido agreed and we quietly hurried west, towards the big tree around which the monkeys had spent the night while we were here last.

As we approached the large tree, we saw that the nests the monkeys had made were all scattered.  I saw drag marks in the soil here and there where leaves no longer covered the ground.  I then saw, in a bare spot of ground, some sort of footprints.  Now, I was no tracker, but I could tell that they weren’t monkey prints; they were the outline of a clothed foot with no separate toe marks.  I pointed them out to Rido.  “Monkeys don’t wear boots!” I whispered.

Rido saw the prints and gasped.  “What if…” he whispered back, stammering.  “What if… those goriyas got them?”

That’s what I was thinking, too, I thought.  “Maybe…” I whispered, “Do you think that… those goriyas that passed by us the other day… ?”

Rido read my thoughts and looked back at the ground in horror.  He didn’t reply.

I started thinking.  Then I remembered something.  “I know how we can know for certain!” I whispered.

Rido looked at me with a surprised look.  “How?”

“Their leader Oonak said that if we played the Monkey Rumba here in the forest, we won’t transport but the monkeys will hear us and he’ll send one of them to us.”

Rido looked hopeful.  “Then let’s do it!” he excitedly whispered.

I took out my Ocarina quickly and played the tune again:

---^---^-----^-

----------->---

-A---A---A-----

You played the Monkey Rumba!

Do you want to call a monkey?

-No

>Yes

In a moment, we heard movement in the trees at the far end of the clearing, on the other side of the large tree from where we were standing.  As I looked toward the sound, I eventually saw the form of a monkey, swinging through the trees toward us.  I started to run toward it, but stopped because I didn’t want to alarm it.  I figured that they might be scared after whatever tussle they had to endure here.  Rido had followed suit, and stopped where I’d stopped.  We waited for the monkey to reach us.  After reaching the clearing, the monkey saw us, swung down to the ground and raced toward us.  I guessed that it could tell we weren’t goriyas and had recognized us.  The monkey ran up and began chattering, gesturing and hopping up and down with an upset look on its face.  I listened for a bit, but without the Mask of Translation, I couldn’t understand a thing.  I had to break it to the monkey.

“I’m sorry,” I interrupted, “but I can’t make out what you’re trying to say.”

The monkey stopped its chattering and hopping.  It looked down for a minute, thinking.  Then he looked up, as if he had an idea.  He chirped, hopped into the air and then raced toward the large tree. He stopped, chattered for a second, and pointed at one of the torches that I lit before.  It was the torch to the left of the entrance to the big tree, and it had fallen back down.  As I neared it, I saw that the other torch was lying down as well.  Thinking quickly, I raised the torches, one by one, back into their positions.  Then I pulled out my flint and quickly lit one of the torches.  Pulling out a Deku stick, I quickly ran and lit the other torch.  Soon the chest appeared again as before.  The monkey jumped and clapped, cheering me that I’d done it again.  I went to the chest and opened it.

You got the Mask of Translation (again)!  Equip this mask to talk to animals.

After examining it to see that it wasn’t damaged, I put it on and turned to the monkey.

“Oh, thank goodness you’ve returned!” the monkey began, almost hysterical.  “The Foxcats invaded our home here in the forest after we had settled down to sleep!  We tried to escape, but there were so many of them that almost all of us were captured!”

“That’s terrible!” I stated.

“I managed to escape shortly after they attacked by going back eastward.  However, they tracked me down and captured me, too!”

“What???” I exclaimed.  “So you managed to escape?”

“YOU helped me escape!” the monkey replied.  “Remember?  I was in that clearing?  Then I helped you find the chest?”

My eyes grew wider.  “That was you???”

“Thank you, ever so much!” the monkey continued.  “However, I didn’t know that everyone had been captured until I returned here afterwards.  I was hoping to find some that had escaped, but I haven’t found anyone yet!”  The monkey stopped jumping around, looked down and quietly murmured, “I fear the worst.”  Tears formed in his eyes.

I felt sorry for the poor thing, and felt my own tears welling up.  I lifted the mask a little to wipe them away.  “I’m so sorry,” I began.  “If you can tell me anything you know, I might be able to help you find them.”

The monkey looked up a little and wiped away a tear, sniffing.  “Well,” he sniffed again, “I know that the Foxcats normally come from the southeast. … I was searching for the others in the trees to the west when I heard your call.  I’ve searched to the south, too. … I haven’t seen any Foxcats in either of those directions.”

Just then, we heard another monkey calling from the southeastern end of the clearing.  With the mask on, I could barely make out what sounded like: “Hello! … Hello! … I’m coming!”

The monkey next to me brightened up.  “It’s one of them!”  He started jumping and calling back, “Over here!  Over here!”

Pretty soon, I could make out another monkey swinging through the trees.  As it came closer, I could see it was the monkey with the green flower in her hair!  The monkey next to me… Oh, why don’t they have names??? … The monkey next to me, upon seeing the girl monkey, began hopping up and down and headed toward the girl monkey.  She hopped to the ground and met him halfway to the treeline.  They embraced each other for a minute.  I figured they needed a moment, so I didn’t approach them.  After a minute, the boy monkey brought the girl monkey over to see me.

“See?  See?  He’s back!” he exclaimed excitedly.

The girl monkey looked at me with sad eyes.  “Thank goodness you’ve returned!  Oonak and the others have all been captured by the Foxcats!”

“I’m glad to see you’re alright!” I exclaimed.

The girl looked down slightly, sadly.  “I managed to climb up and slip out of one of their big cages.  The others tried to follow, but the Foxcats blocked off my exit after they saw me get out.”  I saw a tear form in her eye.

“I’m sorry,” I said.

She wiped it away and sniffed while the boy monkey tried to comfort her.  “It’s okay now.  He is back!  He wants to help find them!”

The girl monkey looked up at me.  “I know where to find them, but it won’t be easy.”

“What won’t be easy?” I said, confused.

“It won’t be easy rescuing them because…” she sniffed again.  “Because… they are in the Land of the Foxcats!”

The boy monkey almost jumped backward in surprise and fear.  “Oh no!  Not the Land of the Foxcats!”

I didn’t know what this “Land of the Foxcats” was, but I had a feeling it was their headquarters.  “So… Forgive me for not knowing, but… what is the ‘Land of the Foxcats’?”

Both the monkeys shuddered at the mention of the name again.  The girl spoke, “It only the Land where there are many, many Foxcats!  Too many to know!  No other monkey has ever gone there and come back!”

“Well, at least you came back,” I said, trying to comfort her.

“But… do you know what Foxcats will do to us if they catch us???”

I cringed inside at the thought.  I could very well imagine what they might do, since the goriyas we’d met seemed almost like savage wild beasts.  Eek! I thought.  I didn’t even want to think it.  “Uh… yeah, I think I have a pret-ty good idea…”

I could tell they could tell I understood their plight.  The girl monkey looked down and started to cry.  The boy monkey tried to comfort her.

I felt terrible inside.  I don’t know if it was the mask or not, but I could almost feel what they were feeling.

I looked toward Rido.  Oh yeah, I thought, he can’t understand them.  I took off the mask, and then noticed a tear in his eye as well.  “You know what’s going on?” I asked him.

“No,” he sniffed, “but I can’t help but feel sorry for them.”

I could tell I wasn’t the only one who was a bit empathic for these poor monkeys.  “The other monkeys are in the ‘Land of the Foxcats’, as they call it.”

Rido looked confused. “’Foxcats’?” he asked.

“Sorry, I keep forgetting you don’t have a mask.  The goriyas.  That’s what the monkeys call them.”

Rido thought a minute, and his expression grew stern.  “They must’ve taken the monkeys to their homeland!” he remarked.

“Right,” I confirmed.

“Well, we’ve got to do something, Jaron!” Rido blurted out.  “We can’t just sit around here while the monkeys are held captive!”

“I know, Rido,” I tried to calm him down.  “But, the Great Deku Tree said…”

“Forget what the tree said!  We’ve got to help the monkeys!  They’re our friends!”

I’d never seen Rido so upset.  I hadn’t realized that he considered the monkeys his friends.  I put my hand on his shoulder.  “You want to help them, right?”

Another tear appeared in his eye. “Of course!”

“Well, I would think that Faron would want us to help them as well, don’t you?”

He looked up at me, sadly.  “Faron?  … Yeah… Yes, of course!  Why wouldn’t he?  He’s in charge of them, isn’t he?”

“I think so, too,” I replied.  “And I have a feeling when we go see him, like the Great Deku Tree said to, that he’ll want us to go help them.  He may even give us something we need to help them!”

Rido looked down, wiped his tears away.  “Okay… okay…”

I put my mask back on and went to the monkeys.  They had been listening, though I could tell they didn’t fully understand me and Rido, similar to how I could only partially understand them without the mask.

“I’m going to see… the Great Monkey,” I told them.

They stopped crying and looked at me with wide eyes.  It seems this was something they hadn’t considered.  They looked at each other, and then back at me.  “Please,” the girl monkey said, “will you petition the Great Monkey for help?  We are in dire need!”

“I will most definitely do that,” I replied.

The girl monkey looked up to the sky.  A hopeful look came over her face, as well as the boy monkey’s face, too.  Then they both turned to me.  “Oh, thank you, thank you!” they both said.

I smiled at them, even though they probably couldn't see it from under the mask.  Then I looked toward Rido.  “Let’s go!  We’d better hurry!”

Rido looked at me with a half-blank, half-confused expression. :blink: 

Oh, right, I thought, I keep forgetting! :doh:

I was about to take off the mask when I heard, “Wait!”

I turned around.  The two monkeys approached me.  “Yes?”

The girl looked at the other for a second, then said “Oonak will probably hate me for this, but… Take the mask with you… Just in case you need it.”

I smiled at them again, even though I didn’t think they could see it.  Maybe they could feel it, because they smiled back at me.  “Thank you,” I finally said.

“You’re welcome,” the boy monkey replied.  “I’ll watch over her while you’re gone.  We’ll keep out of sight in case the Foxcats return, so just call us when you return.”

“I will.  Thanks!” I called as I turned toward the east.  I removed my mask and motioned for Rido to follow me.

To be continued…

#77 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

Spoiler

@Lightwulf: Both Kinek and Fizleon saw the wall from the Death Mountain Range. It would be blocking off Saldonia from Lynolia, and running just past Lynel Town and Moblin Village. Actually, it would be a triangle-like thing, going along Saldonia's border, with a large arc-like extension joining both ends. I may add something inside it, and anyone else may, but for the moment, it's just a large wall triangle.

Now, on with the story!

-------------------------------------------------

Kinek

Day 10 - Very Early Morning

I wasn't sure whether It would be safe to go through Lynel Town. For one thing, it was night time. Nowadays, it's not safe to go anywhere at night. For another, Lynels aren't really known for being pacifists. And, finally, I killed Fizleon (I killed him! I still feel guilty about that). I really was not sure how happy they'd be about that.

Last afternoon, I had set up camp for a few hours, just after leaving the Death Mountain Range. I was just packing up, as I saw a rock rolling down the closest slope. A little observation told me it was, in fact, a Goron. He rolled down and stopped in front of me, staying rolled up.

"Kinek!" he said. I recognised that voice, but I couldn't remember who it was. "It's me!" he said.

"You know, it's difficult to talk to you when you stop crouching together," I said.

"Of course," said the Goron. He got up. Of course! Goroko! The best fighter of the Gorons.

"Hello," I said. I couldn't help smiling.

"Hello there, Kinek. Link really didn't want you going alone."

"I should have guessed. I have the Bongos in case I'm in trouble, though."

"Doesn't mean you have to get yourself into it."

We stood around awkwardly for a few moments, and then I finished packing up my camping equipment.

We began to walk. It looked painfully slow for Goroko, but he kept with it. Soon enough, Lynel Town was in sight, and it was getting dark.

A Lynel came riding up to us. We had been noticed.

"You got any weapons on you?" I asked Goroko. In answer, he punched his left palm with his right. Of course. a Goron's fists are as powerful as any club wielded by a Hylian.

The Lynel stopped in front of us. I reached for my sword, but didn't take it out, as that would almost definietely begin a fight.

"What is your business here?" he asked. He was much taller that Fizleon, and he had much darker skin.

"We are travelling to Saldonia," I said.

"For which purpose?"

I didn't answer immediately. "We have business there."

"Of what sort?"

"We are going," said Goroko, "to meet an old friend. Unfortunately, that stupid wall is in our way, so we have been forced to bother your lovely little village. Now, may we pass?"

I had no idea a Goron could be so polite, even having lived with them my whole life. But then again, I'd only seen them deal with other Gorons.

The Lynel did not smile at all. "There are other questions I must ask," he said. "However, as ye do not seem malicious, ye may advance. I shall ask you while we walk."

"Have ye ever had any previous dealings with a Lynel?"

"No," said Goroko, immediately. I wasn't so fast, and the Lynel noticed.

"Which Lynel have ye had these dealings, Hylian?"

"Fizleon," I answered, afraid.

The Lynel stopped and drew his sword.

"Do not speak that name here!" he shouted. "Fizleon has been banished from this town, and this realm! He is not worthy to be classed under the species of Lynel!"

"What?" I was really quite confused now. "Why not?"

"He is a thief, and a traitor. He has still, in his possession, our Dusk Stone. Now tell me, what were thy dealings with him."

I paused before answering. "I went into the Darkness Shrine with him. We travelled to the end, and he attacked me. I fought..." I paused for another moment, before saying the last words. "...and killed him."

The Lynel stared at me for a few seconds. "Ye befriended Fizleon?" I nodded. "And ye slew him?" I nodded again. The Lynel put his sword back in its sheith, and held out his hand towards me. "Honoured," he said. "I am the one they call Galralog."

I took his hand and shook it. "Kinek," I said. "And this is Goroko."

Galralog smiled. "Honoured," he said again. "I shall grant you safe passage through the Lynel Town if it is what ye require. And food and drink, if ye wish."

The three of us arrived in the Town at about midnight, and Galralog brought me into the Inn. He paid for our rooms and our food, and then he left, promising he would return in the morning. There isn't much time left, but still. I really wonder what will happen now.

• Lightwulf likes this

#78 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

Gereiffof

Day 2 - Evening

I didn't have to walk very far north before I reached the forest.  I entered and saw not just trees, but also bones.  The bones looked like the skulls, spines and ribs of huge monsters.  I was so distracted by this that before I knew it, I had fallen into a hole and landed in what appeared to be a dungeon.  I began to explore the corridors plagued with monsters I found, until I noticed that my shadow had gotten larger for some reason.  I realized that it must be the shadow of something above me, and looked up just in time to see a huge, disembodied hand grab me and start to drag me away.  I grabbed helplessly at the floor, but could not manage to get a good grip.  I reached for my sword, but the palm of the cold, stiff hand was over it.  I started flailing about in desperation, but the hand was not fazed.  The hand's grip was gradually getting tighter, and I soon found myself barely being able to breathe.  As soon as I thought I would die of suffocation, the hand threw me to the spot where I had landed upon first entering the dungeon.  I laid there for a minute gasping for air.  I eventually got up, jittery with adrenaline, and made my way back to where I was when I was attacked by the hand.  When I saw the shadow this time, I immediately held my sword in the air until I felt the hand hit it and died.

The dungeon was very complex, with multiple entrances and holes leading into it, but I eventually obtained the item; the fire rod.  I went back up to the forest and entered an area that was completely separate from the rest of the dungeon.  After reaching the end of this, I fell down a hole into a room with a bizarre moving floor, traps on the wall and a giant moth-like creature, which I assumed was the boss.  The boss started shooting magic at me, and the traps started to move.  After hitting the boss multiple times with the fire rod, it was defeated, and dropped a crystal.  The crystal lit up, and an image of a Kokiri girl appeared in front of it.

"Brave hero" said the girl, "I am Saria, one of the sages, and you have passed my trial.  I shall now grant you my medallion."

A green medallion with the symbol of forest on it appeared in the air between me and the sage.  I walked forward and hesitantly grabbed it.

"Why are you sages here?" I asked, "Why do you need to be in the Dark World to protect the Triforce?"

"We do not.  That is why we aren't actually here.  This is merely an image of myself that I can create through this crystal.  We are protecting the Triforce, yes, but remotely."

"Where are you then?" I asked.

"That is a secret that I'm afraid I can't tell you.  But you are wasting time.  You must pass the trials of the rest of the sages to become the hero you were destined to be."

With that the image disappeared, the crystal's light faded away, and I was teleported back outside.  It was already almost noon on the day after I had entered the dungeon, and I finally realized how tired I was.  Before I could even pull out my map to see how far away the next trial was, I was out cold on the floor of the forest.

• Lightwulf likes this

#79 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

Spoiler

Sorn Nors

Day 8 - Morning

Asara showed me the Spiritual Stones. They are just... Wow. I mean, the Kokiri Emerald is amazing, with its green gem and gold spiral inside. The Goron Ruby, with its toothlike shape, is beautiful. And the Zora's Sapphire! Just... Wow. I see why Asara wants them safe. There's no reason anyone should want to take them.

I did ask Asara to show me around again, and she, seemingly, obliged, to a certain extent. She showed me to the room where the Twinrova were. Surprisingly, it looked as if someone had been there recently, but Asara said she'd never seen anyone there. We both left, though I was sure I'd heard a small cackle come from inside. Hopefully, it didn't mean anything. I was just hearing things... Right?

• Lightwulf likes this

#80 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

The crystals that Gereiffof sees the sages from aren't crystal balls, but more like the crystals that this thread is named after.  The image of the sages is projected outside of them.  Also, it'd be really cool if somebody made a cartoon based on this RP once it's over and posted it to YouTube.

#81 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

Recap:

Spoiler

Also, it'd be really cool if somebody made a cartoon based on this RP once it's over and posted it to YouTube.

Or adapted it into a novel. I might do that, actually. I'd have to get rid of the Zelda theme, though, so cartoon or huge fanfic (though that's kind of what we're doing here) might work better. Or if some film company made a non-profit film/series out of it. Or something. I'm just imagining things here.

Also, oops. I actually didn't imagine it as a crystal ball. I don't even know how I got that there.

Oh well...

---------------------------

Sorn Nors

Day 8 - Afternoon

Finally, something happens! Here's what:

After visiting the Twinrova room, myself and Asara returned to the room I had woken up in. I excused myself and left, because I was feeling like I needed fresh air.

When I got outside, a I felt a strange wind, and found myself face to face with a poe.

"Hello," it said, in a ghostly voice. "I am the Phantom Guide."

"What do you want from me?" I asked, unafraid. I was afraid of people more powerful than I am, like Iron Knuckles, but ghosts never scared me.

"I am here to guide you."

"I kind of guessed that. You are called the Phantom Guide."

The Phantom Guide vanished. Then, from behind me, his voice said, "You are in grave danger, Sorn Nors. Only I can guide you to safety."

"Danger? What kind of danger?"

Flying into my view again, straight through me, it said, "I'll tell you, you should not let pass, the one who sounds like he would gas."

"What?"

"If you do, use from the sun a ray, so that he does not betray."

"What do you mean?"

"Failing that, what you must do, is not allow him the sword that is blue"

"What are you saying?!"

And with that, the Phantom Guide disappeared. i had no idea what was going on, but I had to find out. At that moment, Asara came outside.

"Who are you shouting at?" she asked.

I thought about whether I should tell her, but decided against it. She wouldn't believe me. "Was I shouting?" I asked, putting a dumbfounded look on my face.

"The heat getting to you?" Asara said. "You should get back inside. Maybe rest a little."

"No, no." I said. "I'd much rather go to that Oasis over there." I pointed. Asara nodded, and went back inside the Temple.

Kinek

Day 10 - Afternoon

I did plan to leave by now, but it seems I've been caught up in something.

This morning, Galralog woke me and Goroko up, as he had said. We hadn't gotten much sleep, but we were all right. But, rather than taking us out of the town, he took us to the Town Hall. It really is an amazing building, but it's scary as well. I mean, has anyone ever seen that many statues of lynels?

Still. Galralog brought us to a large room, with a large bed-like tub of some kind in the middle, and more tubs around the edges. The large one had a huge lynel in it.

"Are these the ones, Galralog?" asked the Lynel. Galralog nodded. "You are excused," said the large one. He was, apparently, the boss.

"Greetings, outlanders. I am Ezrikaro, King of the Lynels. I have been informed that ye knew Fizleon."

"Yes," I began. "But--"

"And ye slew him?"

"Unfortunately."

"And ye befriended him?"

I nodded. "And a good--"

"Good. Now, Tell me. Where is the Dusk Stone?"

Goroko and I looked at each other. "Dusk Stone?" he asked.

"Silence, rock!" The Lynel looked at me.

"I apologise, but I do not know what the Dusk Stone is. Galralog mentioned it, but i still don't know."

Ezrikaro shook his head. "I do not believe it. Ye knew Fizleon, but ye knew not what the Dusk Stone is? Allow me to explain..."

At that moment, Galralog entered the room again. "My lord! They be liars! Liars, I tell you!"

"What?" Ezrikaro looked at me and Goroko. "Liars?"

"Yes! I have seen him! He liveth!"

"Who liveth?"

"Fizleon!"

Edited by klop422, 03 September 2014 - 03:00 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#82 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

Recap:

Spoiler

Continuing Kinek's last part:

Day 10 - Afternoon

"He liveth?" Ezrikaro looked at me and Goroko. "Ye have lied to us, churls! Throw them in the dungeons, Galralog!"

Galralog started to walk towards us, his sword out. I took out my sword, and Goroko began to crack his knuckles.

"You ready?" I asked him.

"Always," he said.

Galralog charged. He swung his sword at me, and I dodged, swinging my sword at him. I missed, and hit one of the tubs around the edge of the room.

"Guards!" shouted Ezrikaro. The security around the edge began to close in on us.

Galralog turned around towards me.

"Thou shalt not escape me," he said.

"Wrong," said Goroko, and punched him in the chest. He flew backwards, and landed in front of the throne. He quickly got up, and charged at us.

Suddenly, one of the guards charged from the circle they had formed. with a lance, he struck Galralog in the chest, and killed him.

"What are thou doing?!" shouted Ezrikaro. "Thou art supposed to capture them, not rescue them!"

The Lynel guard who had just killed Galralog took his lance out of the corpse. "No," he said. "The others are supposed to capure them. And they are also supposed to capture me. But they will fail at both!" The guard ran towards me and Goroko, lifted the two of us up, and put us on his back. He then ran towards the exit, and killed the other guard in the way. In a few minutes, we were out of the castle, and after another few, we were outside the town.

"Now, Kinek," said the guard, putting us down. "We don't have much time. I must tell you something."

"Fizleon?" I asked.

"Yes."

"I killed you."

"And I survived. I wanted revenge, so I set out to deal it. Unfortunately, there is something I need you for first."

"Who are you?" asked Goroko.

Fizleon sighed. "I am Fizleon, the greatest outlaw in Lynolia. Kinek killed me, and I survived. Hello."

"Why should I help you?" I asked Fizleon.

"My friend..." he began.

"Don't."

"Kinek, it is in the interest of the whole world. It is..." He leaned towards me. "An act against the Dark Lord himself."

"Why should I trust you?"

Fizleon laughed. "Look, Kinek," he said. "You probably shouldn't. But the Dark Lord is protected. I have talked to him since we last met, and I have found that out. However, your weapon, the 'Darkness Hammer', won't be enough. Not really. It could kill him directly, but not surpass his defences. What you need is to begin a proper war. One in which you have an army against the Dark Lord."

"How? Almost everyone lives in fear of him, or works for him!"

"Ah," said Fizleon. "But there are six races who do not. The Kokiri, the Hylians, the Deku, the Gorons, the Zoras, and the Sheikah. From my calculations, these could make a good alliance against the Dark Lord."

"And if it doesn't work?" asked Goroko.

"Then it doesn't."

"Why don't we set off then?" I asked.

"Another thing, though," said Fizleon. "There is a powerful weapon withing Saldonia, which we need. It is a sword, and it must be used against the Dark Lord. If it falls into his hands, it could wreak havoc."

"What is it?"

"Not important. But what is important is that we need the Dusk Stone to enter its palace."

"I heard them talk about that. What is the Dusk Stone?"

"A key."

At that moment, we heard a cry from inside the Town.

"No time," said Fizleon. "Meet me tomorrow, at the wall, directly East from here!" He galloped away, and I and Goroko ran in another direction.

Could I trust Fizleon? I wan't sure. When I had killed him, he seemed angry, and murderous. He had wanted to kill Link. Now he seemed... different. Maybe I had killed the vengeant part of him. But that couldn't be. He had said he had come to have revenge on me, but realised he needed me first.

I really don't know what to do.

Edited by klop422, 07 September 2014 - 10:02 AM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#83 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

Gereiffof

Day 3 - Noon

I woke up on the floor of what appeared to be a shop.  I checked and found that I still had all of my items, which led to the question of how and why I was here.  I stood up and attracted the attention of who I assumed was the shopkeeper.  He rushed across the room to me.

"Finally, you're awake!  I found you passed out in the forest surrounded by monsters while I was collecting mushrooms for my potions.  I brought you back to my shop so you wouldn't die out there.  What's your name?"

"I'm Gereiffof," I said, "Thanks for saving me."  I pulled out my map.  "Where exactly am I?"

The shopkeeper pointed to a small field between the forest and the western edge of the base of Death Mountain.

"Thanks," I said, "Do you know what the quickest way to climb the mountain is?"

"Well, to tell the truth, there really isn't one.  Nobody I know has tried it, and the monsters at the top are so vicious that you'd have better chances of winning an eating contest with a like-like than surviving up there.  I guess if you really wanted to get there, you'd have to climb the face of the mountain."

"If that's the case, then I should probably buy some of that potion you were talking about."

After wrapping up business with the shopkeeper, I started my painfully slow ascent up the mountain and realized that my guard uniform is a lot heavier than it looks.  I took out my sword and tried jamming it in between the rocks, but found that it was not a very efficient way to climb, since it would fall out of crevices as easily as it would enter.  I realized I'd just have to climb it the old-fashioned way.

Evening

I finally reached a part of the mountain that looks like it had already been traversed, and realized that the hardest part of reaching the next dungeon was over.  As I searched around for said dungeon, I encountered what appeared to be a large lion-man.  As soon as it noticed me, it started breathing fire, and I decided that the best course of action would be to run away.  As I was running, I found an area that seemed incredibly familiar.  I explored a little more, and finally realized that it resembled Goron City, the first place I had a guard mission in.  I was sent to deal with a dodongo infestation before a king dodongo was able to grow fully and repeat the problem that king Link had to deal with on his quest to become a hero.  I realized that if I took the equivalent of the passageway to the fire temple, I should be able to reach the next dungeon.  I looked around, and sure enough, it was there.  It was time to get the second medallion.

• Lightwulf likes this

#84 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

Gereiffof

Day 3 - Night

I entered the dungeon, which appeared to be some sort of ore mine.  The technology used was too advanced for Gorons, so I assumed that this version of Death Mountain had far more resources than the simple Dodongite that the Gorons mined.  The inside was volcanic, just as it was in the Light World, and also had a load of horrible enemies.  After wandering for a while, I found a mirror shield, which helped significantly considering the number of shooters in the dungeon.  After wandering for a while more, I reached the boss room.  When I came close to the door, I heard a faint jingling sound coming from under a skull on the floor.  I smashed it with my sword and released a fairy.  I realized that I should probably drink my potion before facing off against the boss, then put the fairy in the remaining empty bottle.  Upon entering, I found nothing but a large boulder.  When I approached it, I almost had a heart attack when three different colored heads shot out of it and screeched in unison.  The red head shot fire at me and the blue head shot ice at me, while the gray head, which seemed to be the brains of the operation, lunged at me repeatedly, moving the body around as he did so.  I quickly realized that this was a standard "fire-rod-ice-rod" boss that they taught us about in training.  There was just one problem; I didn't have an ice rod.  Thinking quickly, I realized that if I used the mirror shield to reflect the ice from the blue head back at the red head, I might be able to make up for my lack of equipment.  I tried it and it worked, and the red head was eliminated.  I then used the fire rod on the remaining head and as it fell down dead, the rock smashed open and the gray head started to slither around like a snake.  I hit it in a shining segment of its body and defeated it.  The crystal then appeared right as I thought about it, and an image of a Goron was shown to me.  I recognized him as the former Goron patriarch Darunia, as I had seen his statue before when I was on my mission in Goron City.  I stood still as he began to speak.

"Brave hero, I am Darunia, one of the sages, and you have passed my trial.  I shall now grant you my medallion."

The medallion appeared in front of me again and I grabbed it.

"You have slain many monsters on your journey, but do not get too confident.  You still have four medallions left to retrieve."

With that, I was teleported out of the dungeon.  Before I even had a chance to check my map to see where the next dungeon was, one of the beasts I encountered before jumped down and tackled me.  I jolted backwards, and before I knew it I was falling down the mountain.  The next thing I felt was a sharp pain in the back of my head, and everything went black.

• Lightwulf likes this

#85 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

Spoiler

Sorn Nors

Day 8 - Evening

I sat at the Oasis for hours, staring at the water, at how all of the animals; leevers, and such, just moved around. I thought again and again about what the Phantom Guide had said. Apparently, I shouldn't let anyone pass, if they sound like they would 'gas'? What? Is that a fart joke, or something? Because it seems like a lot of effort for a ghost to haunt someone just to tell a fart joke. But what kind of creature would sound like they would 'gas', if that's what it meant? No idea.

After some time, Asara came and joined me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Just... thinking," I said.

"What about?" I didn't answer. "Sometimes," she said, beginning to make conversation. "I come here to think as well. It's the nicest part of the desert."

"What about the Temple? It's amazing."

"The Temple has so many monsters," said Asara. "I can't find any peace."

"Fair enough." We sat in silence, lost in our own thoughts.

"What brings you here?" asked Asara, after another while. "I found you in the middle of the desert three days ago, but I never asked."

"I'm supposed to be on a migration. I lived in the Southern Plains of Hezriath, but they began to rot, as they usually do. Unfotunately, our usual migration place was infested by pols voices, so we had to go to the North of Hyrule. I got separated. And, here I am."

"Oh," said Asara.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. "I mean, you said you got banished for coming here, but why did you come here in the first place?"

Asara smiled a sad smile. "I didn't get along with anyone. They didn't like me, and I didn't like them. It's as simple as that. I found out about the Spiritual Stones when I got here, and I decided that I should just stay and protect them. We learn about them in school, so I knew the power of them, and I decided that they could not fall into the wrong hands. I've been here for a year already."

"Isn't it boring, staying here alone?"

Asara nodded. "It got so bad, I started... I was going to leave; I thought I was hearing voices. But then I found you, and I decided, now that you're here, we can protect the Stones together."

I blinked. "So, now I've got to protect them?"

"If you want," said Asara. "I've got to give you a choice. I'm not a tyrant. But they do need protection, and I'm not sure if I can do it on my own. And, if you go anywhere, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do anything without going... mad."

"I'm in," I said, after some thought. "Why not? I've no idea where my herd is, and it'll give me something to do. But I have one condition."

"What?

"You've got to stop being so protective. I'm a monster myself, technically. Give me a boomerang, and I can kill anything. And, now I'm a guard of the Spiritual Stones. I have to get over my fears, and you need to stop being so afraid for me."

Asara smiled. "If you want. But I don't have a boomerang for you. Can you use a sword?"

"Not at all. Nor can I use any melee weapons, or a bow. I've only ever used a boomerang; it's all I know."

Asara bit her lip and nodded. "Where is your boomerang?"

"The other Gerudos have it."

"Then I guess we have to go get it back," said Asara, standing up..

Edited by klop422, 07 February 2015 - 10:00 AM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#86 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

Recap:

Spoiler

Sorn Nors

Day 9 - Morning

We're at the Fortress. We crossed the sand river a few minutes ago, and now we need to find out where my boomerang might be.

Asara's gone to look at the perimeter. She's in the Iron Knuckle outfit again, though I'm not sure how good it is as a disguise. It's so loud and bulky. She can't move so quickly either. I'm supposed to be stealthy and see where they put the weapons.

It looks like someone's just been captured. A Deku Scrub or something. He's in the prison with two of the Gerudos, who seem to be interrogating him. He didn't have any weapons, apparently; no one took any away. I'll have to find them myself.

There's a gerudo over there, who seems to be in charge. She's barking orders to all sorts of people around here. And now she's leaving, into the fortress. I'll see if I can follow her. I'll just have to make sure I don't get caught. By anyone.

I've followed her into the fortress. She seems to be having dinner with some other gerudos, and they're talking about something. I can't quite tell what it is. Maybe I should move closer. Just step forwards... closer... closer...

CRASH

Damn! I should have seen that. There was a pot in my way.

And they've noticed me. I try to run, but they're too fast. The leader's grasped me on the arm, and the other's have restrained me. I'm being taken to the prison. Again.

Day 9 - Afternoon

I was sitting in the cell, alone for a while. It seemed to be a high security cell. Higher security than the previous ones, at least. I wasn't my first time here, I guessed, so they had to keep me under heavier protection.

The leader gerudo's entered.

"Hello," she said. "You remember me, don't you?"

I looked at her for a few moments before I recognised her from before. "Narneen," I said, remembering. "The guard leader." I swallowed my fear before continuing, "and there was me thinking I had an actual problem."

Narneen's face hardened. "This is your second time here."

"I know."

"Why did you return?"

"I had nowhere else to go."

Narneen shook her head. "No. You want your boomerang back. I've seen this before. So many criminals return, wanting their weapons returned. Their potions. Their fairies in a bottle. Their friends, even. But no. We have to keep them, because if we give them back, they're dangerous. Better give them out as prizes in the training ground or sell them in Hyrule Castle Town. Just don't give them back." Narneen seemed distracted now, and didn't notice me moving slowly towards her. I saw a set of keys hanging from her belt. I began to reach out. "But, still," said Narneen, turning and walking to the other side of the room. I cursed under my breath. "The point," she continued, "is that you'll never get your boomerang back."

"Wrong!" boomed a voice from the outside of the room I jumped, afraid, yet very glad to hear the horrid voice of an Iron Knuckle.

A few stomping steps were heard, and the Iron Knuckle appeared in the doorway.

"Let him out," it said. Narneen looked slightly put out.

"Asara," she said. "Of course. I would recognise that armour anywhere." She took out two cutlasses.

"Let him out," said Asara again. She lifted her axe.

"No," said Narneen, jumping at Asara. She swung both her cutlasses at her, but they hit off the armour, having little effect. Asara swung her axe round in a circular motion, missing Narneen, but hitting a wall instead. One or two of the bricks fell out. Narneen attacked again, but missed completely, instead hitting the jail cell with her cutlasses. She turned and got ready to jump again, but I reached through the bars and grabbed her, forcing her to drop her cutlasses. Asara slowly walked up to her.

"You didn't think you could win, did you?" said Asara. She raised her axe to strike down Narneen, but Narneen screamed. It was a horrible scream, piercing, high-pitched. Asara dropped the axe, and instead hit Narneen's head against the bars, knocking her out. She picked up the axe, motioned for me to go back a little, and destroyed the bars of the cell. Then she picked me up and began to try to run. Her armour was too heavy, though, so she stopped, putting me back down.

"Why didn't you kill her?" I asked, unsurely.

Asara took off her helmet. "She called over her comrades. If we don't escape, which is very likely, we would be killed for killing her. As it is, we'll only be imprisoned in the pit.

"And that's better?"

"Yes."

We said nothing for a few moments, and soon another gerudo came in.

"Another prisoner?" she said. "There are too many!"

"What do you mean?" asked Asara.

"There was a deku scrub before," I said. "I saw him."

"He said he works for Ganondorf," said the gerudo.

"Impossible," exclaimed Asara. "The deku would never do that!"

"Most wouldn't," I corrected her. "We don't know this one."

There was a pause. "If he does," said Asara, "he'll be wanting to go to the Spirit Temple. And he'll have escaped by now."

The gerudo looked a little guilty., and nodded.

"Are you going to follow him?" asked Asara. The gerudo retreated.

"No way!" she exclaimed. I'm never going to the Spirit Temple."

"If someone doen't go, the whole world could be in danger. Ganondorf could return. And he'd hate us for helping Link those 70 years ago. He'd destroy us. So, as We've already been to the Spirit Temple, let us back."

The gerudo didn't answer.

"Let us back," said Asara, "or Ganondorf will destroy Gerudo Valley."

The gerudo silently stepped out of the way. Asara nodded at her as she passed, and I followed.

"Well," I said, as we walked as fast and as stealthily as we could around the outside of the Gerudo-inhabited fortress, "That worked. We completely failed. I don't have my boomerang, and we only just escaped. There's no way we can get back to the Temple, either. And now a Deku Scrub wants to take the Stones."

"First of all," said Asara. "Here." She reached into her armour and took out a boomerang. My boomerang. I blinked a few time in surprise.

"How did you...?"

"I found it, being moved to the training ground." she smiled. "Secondly, if we go quickly, we could cross the sand river, and escape. And, thirdly, we finally get to do our jobs. We can protect the Spiritual Stones!"

I smiled unsurely. It was beginning to get dark.

We were arriving at the gate. There was no way around this, so we had to go through. Luckily, it was open, so it was only a matter of being quiet.

As we passed through, the gate began to close, as if we were being let out. Then, we saw, in the distance, a small creature, made of wood, at the Sand River. A deku scrub.

Edited by klop422, 21 February 2015 - 09:21 AM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#87 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:52 PM

I'd honestly like to see this thread regain some popularity. I've thought about posting the next part of my story multiple times, but it's not quite as fun when it's just me and Klop. I understand that this thread has been revived so many times that even most DBZ characters would be concerned, but I really enjoy it.
  • Lightwulf likes this

#88 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

Gereiffof

Day 4 - Afternoon

I think the people in the Light World could learn a thing or two about hospitality from Dark Worlders, because when I woke up, yet another kind soul had brought me into their home.  This time, it appeared to be some sort of bomb shop.  I stood up and realized that the place had an unbearable stench of sulfur, but I wasn't going to be rude to the man (man?) who had saved me from the horrible creatures of the Dark World.  The owner of the shop appeared to be about a 3 foot tall green elephant, who was also sleeping at his counter.

"Excuse me, sir" I said, not entirely sure what kind of response I'd get.

"Huh?!" he woke with a start, "Oh, it's you.  Gonna be honest, wasn't bettin' on ya' makin' it."

"Were you the one who saved me, sir?"

"Ah, forget the whole 'sir' baloney.  Call me Ravio."

"Okay, Mr. Ravio.  But were you the one who saved me?"

"Ab-so-lutely!  Ya see, I was out north sellin' some a' my specialty bombs (just fifty rupees apiece, buy nine get the tenth free) to some a' tha' Hinox up there, and we all saw ya' floatin' down the river.  One a' tha' Hinox pulled ya' out and said they was gonna eatcha'.  Now, I ain't had company in a Goriya's age, so I figure I can take a hit in profit an' let 'em pay fur their bombs with you.  So I put ya' on my bomb cart, and pulled ya' back here."

"I cannot thank you enough Mr. Ravio!  You saved my life!  Is there any way I can repay you?"

"Ah, don' mention it.  If you really wanna help me out, jus' buy some bombs.  In fact, I like you, so I'ma show you some a' my secret, premium bombs."

"Premium bombs?"

"Just follow me."

He pulled back a curtain in the back of his shop, revealing a back room.  Inside, there were huge red bombs that I had never seen anything like before.

"Da-da-da-DA!", Ravio sang, "These are super bombs.  These babies make regular bombs look like piddly li'l deku nuts.  They are a bit pricey, though."

"How pricey?"

"I been thinkin' 200 rupees."

"Wow.  That is pricey." I checked my wallet. 168 rupees. "Sorry, Mr. Ravio, I can't afford any."

"Ah, don' worry about it.  Just buy some regular bombs if ya' need 'em."

I bought some bombs, just in case I needed them.  Bomb tossing was one of my weaker skills in training, so I made sure I had some margin for error.

"Mr. Ravio, you wouldn't happen to know where any nearby dungeons are, would you?"

"Ya' talkin 'bout that creepy lake temple down south?"

I checked my map, and sure enough, one of the markers was in the middle of a lake towards the south end of the map.

"Yes.  Thank you for everything, Mr. Ravio!"

"Don' sweat it, kid."

And with that, I was off to the lake temple.

• Lightwulf likes this

#89 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 21 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

Recap:

Spoiler

Yeah, I know what you mean, GrantGreif. Even we're not updating too regularly. I'd like to see some more people add to this topic. And, any new people, if you don't want to read through all six pages, I've been adding to the summary/recap, which is straight above this text. Even if no new members want to join, I'd like to see the people who have already begun finish their stories.

Anyway, let's continue:

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorn Nors

Day 9 - Late Afternoon

"Well, that was easy," I said quietly to Asara, looking at the deku scrub beside the river. But, she wasn't listening. She put her helmet back on.

"YOU!" she shouted, lifting her axe. The deku scrub looked around in fear, and began to run. Asara began to walk towards him as fast as she could, and I began to run, taking out my boomerang.

The scrub began to spin to go even faster. If we didn't do something quickly, he'd get away. I lifted up my boomerang, and threw it, but I missed. I was out of practice. I threw it again, getting closer, and, on my third throw, a direct hit. The scrub screamed and fell over. I ran to him, picked him up and took him to Asara, who was still moving very slowly.

"Please," said the scrub. "Don't take me back. Ganondorf will destroy you."

"He can't", said Asara. "He's locked up, and will stay that way if we kill you."

"How did you know?" The scrub seemed distraught. "Your friends didn't!"

"First," I said. "They're not our friends. We only just escaped with our lives."

"So you're sympathetic to my position!" exclaimed the scrub.

"Shut up!" said Asara.

"Second," I explained, "We're the Guardians of the Spirit Temple. We know this kind of thing."

The scrub was silent for a bit. "Did the other gerudos tell you I worked for Ganondorf?" he asked. Asara and I nodded. He let out a small laugh. "That's just a story I made up to get out of there."

"Why are you going to the Spirit Temple, then?" I asked. "And how do you know the Spiritual Stones are there?"

"Spiritual Stones?" he asked. "What are they?"

"You know what they are," shouted Asara, lifting her axe

"All right, all right! I know what they are!" He paused. "I'm representing the Deku Scrubs," he said. "We're... making an army against the Dark One. We need the Spiritual Stones, to make a special weapon which can kill him."

"They already exist," said Asara. "Three, not including the Master Sword. There's a bow, a hammer, and a wand."

"We don't have access to any of them!"

"The bow is Faron's! You can use that!"

"It's not quite that easy. The Kokiri have already laid claim to that. and, with the three spiritual stones, we could make an even more powerful weapon, with the powers of Din, Nayru, and Farore combined!"

We were silent for a little longer.

"Put him down" said Asara. I did as she asked, and she took off her helmet. "All right," she said. "We'll take you to the Spirit Temple, and take the Spiritual Stones to the Deku King with you. We'll protect you as you go there. But you don't leave our sight! Understand?"

The deku scrub nodded slowly. Asara smiled sourly. "Great."

"Welcome to our little group, then," I said. "What's your name?"

"Gasser," said the scrub.

"Well," I said, smiling, "Nice to meet you, Gasser."

Edited by klop422, 21 June 2015 - 02:34 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#90 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

Hey, everyone.  Sorry for not posting here in such a long time. :heh:  I finally found the time to do it, though it hasn’t been easy with school (summer school included) taking up most of my time.  I’m lucky to find time to check PureZC from time to time, let alone have enough time to post.  Fortunately, I’ve found time to make progress on things that I’ve been helping people with (requests from PureZC-ers), so I figure I can take a little break to participate here.

(BTW, it took me over 24 hours to type this post.  I had to get off the computer several times before it was done.  Luckily, I make my posts in a separate text file so I can save it without having to post it.  Not sure if anyone else has the same problem at times…  Anyway, enjoy! :) )

@GrantGreif & @klop422:  Thanks for keeping this alive!

Now, on with the story! :D

---------------------------------------

Hyrule Atlas

Jaron

Inventory

Day 7 – Late Afternoon

It was starting to get late in the day when Rido and I finally made it back to Faron’s spring.  Even though Rido really wanted to help the monkeys, he still preferred to wait for me at the forest’s edge rather than go with me to talk to Faron about it.  I slowly made my way through the grass towards the spring.

When I reached the edge of the water, I stopped and looked around.  I guess I’d expected Faron to have spoken to me by now, like he did last time.  All I heard was the sound of water flowing over rocks and birds singing from the trees.  “Faron?” I finally asked.

“  J a r o n …” He finally spoke to me.  I got down on one knee and bowed my head.

“Jaron, leader of the Kokiri, … Arise.”

I arose as commanded.  “Oh, great Faron, I have done as you directed me.  The Great Deku Tree lives, and I have you to thank for that.”

“You are most welcome. … There is more that brings you here.”

I bowed my head briefly, carefully figuring out the right words.  “Great Faron, your subjects, the monkeys, have been captured…”

Before I could say more, Faron interrupted.  “My subjects they are.  I protect them and all the animals within my woods.  However, … the Dark Lord has empowered the Goriyas and I am not strong enough to keep them at bay.  … You wish to help them?”

“Yes, great Faron.”  I bowed my head again.

BGM: Light Spirit Appears (TP)

I noticed a flash of light and felt a surge of energy in the air.  I looked up and watched as Faron appeared as he had before.  After he was fully visible and resting on his ball of light, he resumed speaking to me.

“Jaron, beware the one that the Dark Lord has empowered.  The blue Goriya named Grilwol leads the Goriyas to do the Dark Lord’s bidding and, in return, the Dark Lord has empowered Grilwol with dark magic that he has used to weaken the protective barrier I have placed around Aril Nom.  He has taken the monkeys to the home of the Goriyas, a place which is referred to as ‘The Guild’.  The Guild is an area of forest to the east of here, but it heavily guarded.  Goriyas have outposts in the trees that they use to spot visitors from great distances before you even reach the walls of the fortress they have built there.”

Upon hearing this, I dropped to my knees, overwhelmed by the seeming impossibility of entering the Guild to save the monkeys.  I couldn’t speak.

Faron seemed to notice my distress.  “Fear not, young one.  I have an ally that will be of assistance to you.”

I recovered from my daze and rose to my feet, looking to Faron with hope.

“Seek the Goriya elder, Gritsam, who lives in a hut to the south.  Follow the path to the south, and when you come to an intersection, take the path to the west.  Gritsam has been deposed and exiled from the Guild, but he knows me and understands the true way for Goriyas to live in harmony with the other creatures that inhabit this land.  He was the leader of the Goriyas before the Dark Lord came to Hyrule and before Grilwol gained power and influence. … Gritsam knows the Guild and can help you find a way to save the monkeys.”

I was much relieved to hear this.  I bowed down on one knee again and thanked Faron for his guidance.

“Beware…” Faron spoke again.  “Beware the eye of Grilwol.  He channels the dark powers imbued upon him by the Dark Lord through the eye that he keeps covered by an eyepatch.  There’s no telling what he will do with such powers.”

I nodded and thanked Faron again.  Being so eager to help the monkeys, I got up and turned to leave, not thinking that I should’ve waited to see if Faron had anything else to tell me.

“There is one thing more,” Faron said.

I stopped in my tracks.  I felt my face turn a little red, embarrassed that I’d been so hasty to leave that I forgot to show Faron the proper respect of waiting until I was dismissed properly.  I turned back toward Faron and apologized.

“It is alright. … You must know about the sacred weapon in my realm.”

Oh, that’s right, I thought.  Last time he mentioned there were three of them which can defeat the Dark Lord.  Hunh...  Good thing I didn’t leave yet!

“The Enchanted Bow was hidden in a temple in the depths of Aril Nom.  However, ever since Grilwol attacked Aril Nom, I am no longer certain that the bow is still there.”

“Should I look for it while saving the monkeys?” I asked.

“Yes,” Faron replied.  “Grilwol may have had his Goriyas find the bow and take it with them back to their fortress.”

This time I waited a few seconds to make sure Faron didn’t have anything else to add.  I bowed again.  “Thank you, oh great Faron.”

“Thank you, Jaron.  Farewell.”

BGM ends.

With that, Faron’s form once again shone bright and vanished into scattered orbs of light that disappeared into the spring.

I quickly returned to Rido and told him that Faron told me where to go.  “We have to find the Goriya elder, Gritsam.  He’ll help us get into the Goriyas’ fortress and rescue the monkeys.”

Rido kinked an eyebrow.  “Wait, we have to talk to their elder?  Won’t we have to get in the fortress to do that?”

I shook my head.  “No.  They exiled him.  The Dark Lord is working with their new ruler.”

Rido seemed to understand and asked how to find this elder.  I told him I’d explain everything on the way.  Without further word, Rido and I hurried back to the road.  After we reached it, we made a right turn and headed south. 

To be continued...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users