• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:40 AM

The definitive version of Rite of the Storm is finally on the database! We took in a lot of community feedback in order to polish it up more. Be sure to download the soundtrack or else your quest will be completely silent! Unless you have it already in which case should be fine. A list of what has been changed can be found in the description. It's not a huge update and doesn't feature any real new content but it may be worth replaying, who knows?

Anyways, a lot of people have asked for help previously so I thought I'd start up a help thread and a thread to report any bugs that may still be hiding... Please post them if you do find any!

In any case, we hope you all enjoy! :D

• Eddy likes this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

Um, I have a question:

How do I play Zelda?

No but seriously great quest really enjoyed the original version. Have to check out this version later

Edited by Dimentio, 09 February 2017 - 08:51 AM.

• Shane and Naru like this

#3 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:28 AM

I already 100%'ed the contest version, but still am looking forward to playing it again. Great quest!

• Shane likes this

#4 Aussie Riolu

Aussie Riolu

• Members

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

I'm not sure what to do in here...

Spoiler

Edited by Aussie Riolu, 10 February 2017 - 07:36 AM.

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:52 AM

I'm not sure what to do in here...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

I found that puzzle a little cryptic and obscure. It's not even really a puzzle but a "can you notice this small subtle detail?" kinda thing. That's actually probably my only complaint with this quest actually. There are a few times there are just things done in obscure ways in an attempt to make puzzles that weren't really even puzzles but just encouraging players to catch on to small, otherwise pointless details. Similar to the ice area with that one spot I was stuck on, or the maze in the first area. These are not puzzles. lol

• Shane and Naru like this

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:47 AM

I found that puzzle a little cryptic and obscure. It's not even really a puzzle but a "can you notice this small subtle detail?" kinda thing. That's actually probably my only complaint with this quest actually. There are a few times there are just things done in obscure ways in an attempt to make puzzles that weren't really even puzzles but just encouraging players to catch on to small, otherwise pointless details. Similar to the ice area with that one spot I was stuck on, or the maze in the first area. These are not puzzles. lol

Yeah, I agree with this. Fortunately, we did make these puzzles less cryptic and more clearer (I hope).

#8 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

Will this work in any version 2.5 or later or does it have to played in 2.5.2?  

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

Will this work in any version 2.5 or later or does it have to played in 2.5.2?  

It should work in all versions of 2.5 and later. However, you will miss out on very fast screen scrolling if you play in a version that didn't have it yet.

#10 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

Great game Avataro, lots of fun new ideas. you stumped me for a bit more than once. Hope to see more like this in the future!

• Shane likes this

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

Great game Avataro, lots of fun new ideas. you stumped me for a bit more than once. Hope to see more like this in the future!

Thanks! Avataro and I both actually came up with the ideas and puzzles though. :P

Also an update has been submitted, albeit mostly for convenience: the music is now packaged with the quest file itself. As always, all you have to do is move all the files to your ZC folder. Expect no updates in the quest itself however as nothing has changed!

#12 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

Hi!

Thank you both Avataro and Polaris for a great quest. I had fun playing it. I think the puzzles were great, you did stump me for a little while on a couple of them. I liked the game play well thought out in my humble opinion. At the end it seemed like you guys left it open for another quest.........off to save the world.

• Shane likes this

#13 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:26 PM

I'm in a room in the ice area with a red torch on the right, a blue on the left, and four unlit ones above and below.  I'm sure there is some pattern I'm supposed to achieve but I've tried a lot of different things and have no idea what the answer is.  

#14 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

I'm in a room in the ice area with a red torch on the right, a blue on the left, and four unlit ones above and below.  I'm sure there is some pattern I'm supposed to achieve but I've tried a lot of different things and have no idea what the answer is.  

Look at your map in the ice area. You should find the pattern in another room :)

#15 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:02 PM

Oh jeez. Thanks. *facepalms*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users