Official "What video games are you playing right now?" topic

• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#4606 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

Well the idea is that Link cares about Marin, so if you care about Link (yourself) you care about the island. So the question is really whether or not you buy Link's connection to Marin. I definitely did. There are also some doubts as to what will really happen if the island disappears. It's hard to keep that in mind nowadays, since most people know the ending, the same way that most people know who Luke's father is.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#4607 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

The story only made me care about Marin, but that's one single person. I don't care for the rest of island inhabitants because they are so forgettable (i don't even remember most of their names) and barely have any development (or none at all).

Really hard to make me care about the island when i only care about a single person in it. And i think it's made worse by the secret ending implying she became a seagull, meaning she escaped the whole ordeal in a way. 

#4608 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:35 PM

I plowed through a pretty big quest chunk in OoS. I got the L2 Sword, L2 sheild, and some other odds and ends, and made my way into Tarm Ruins. This was always my favorite area, for some reason. I had just got past here last time I played through this on my old modded 3DS before losing my save. I remember making it to the pirate dungeon, but not beating it.

I started playing LA, and made it through the first dungeon. I forgot that the dungeon rooms don't scroll. All of them stay 8x10 instead of having the dungeon's rooms be scrolling 11x16 rooms (same size as Zelda 1's screens). Also, having the subscreen on the bottom took me a minute to get used to, but this is super minor. All in all, I like LA, but the problems mentioned before are here, and even worse in some ways. Mainly, it's stuff people already know about like the Guardian seeds/ Acorns song, and the prompt telling you rocks are heavy if one pixel of your being rubs up on that hit-box. Oh, and the way you save? Come on, there's no defending that. :P

I should really just learn to be more patient with these older games. I should just be thankful there are no loading times. I'm looking at you, BotW. :glare:

Oh, just throwing this out there. I can't be the only one who thinks it looks like Link is humping everything when he pushes down on stuff, right? Right..?

#4609 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:26 AM

What's wrong with how you saved?

#4610 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

Press all the buttons (A, B, Start, Select) at once!

#4611 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

Can't you save from the second screen on the inventory, (open inventory, press select and then choose the SAVE option? Or is that only how the Oracle games did it?

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 02 January 2018 - 09:03 AM.

#4612 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

That's how the Oracle games did it. I don't think LA has more than one screen in the menu screen.

#4613 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

Yeah you're right. That also explains the gradual fade to white when opening the inventory. That gives the game time to decide what menu to show before showing anything/time frame to detect the players inputting all the buttons being pressed simultaneously.

#4614 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

Hilariously, there is a similar fade to white or palette change (whatever) in the Oracles, and you can use that brief moment to light up dark rooms as a cheat  :wow:

*Room don't stay lit, it's a quick peek.

IIRC you can do the same trick in Pokemon R/B(?)

Edited by Cukeman, 02 January 2018 - 09:23 PM.

#4615 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:21 AM

Yeah but you'd only need to do that when playing on the hardware, in an emulator on a decent LCD you can easily see the dark room contents/floor without any tricks since the devs didn't black out the visuals when in a dark room, they only made the visuals very dark.

#4616 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:22 AM

Yep.

#4617 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

I think after I beat the GB games, I'm going to replay the 3DS remakes. It's been a while, and I need to finish my three heart/ no fairy runs. Plus, OoT turns 20 this year. Not till November, but still.

#4618 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

Yeah but you'd only need to do that when playing on the hardware, in an emulator on a decent LCD you can easily see the dark room contents/floor without any tricks since the devs didn't black out the visuals when in a dark room, they only made the visuals very dark.

They did the same thing for DKC 1 on GBC and the GBA port of DKC 2/3. Makes the games a lot easier to beat.

#4619 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

Been playing Majora's Mask 3D lately and just finished Great Bay Temple. And, uh, i don't hate it anymore. in fact, i think it's actually quite solid.

I remember it being much more tedious, but i just finished it today with very minor issues.

• The Satellite likes this

#4620 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:29 PM

Great Bay Temple has always been my favorite dungeon in Majora's Mask for some reason.

... weirdly enough I haven't been playing anything lately. Was waiting for Xenoblade 2's latest patch before continuing the attempts at blade grinding to get the final two Rare blades but that got delayed. The new patch will speed up the process significantly and that's why I opted to wait. I still have Yooka-Laylee and I bought Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and I also had wanted to play a new file in Odyssey... but just really haven't found the motivation to play more games lately. Maybe that'll change soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users