Photo

Screenshot of the Week 304

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (55 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

EnnonFenom
IPB Image
"Now what???"

Russ
IPB Image
Wandering deeper into the forest, Link finds an ancient structure looming over him. But what lies inside? And why does he get the nagging feeling he's seen this before?

ZeeLiam
IPB Image
An over-look shot? Seriously?

#2 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

Despite the immense style-clash, EnnonFenom's shot was the only one that caught my attention this week. *votes*

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

Nulled of course.

EF: To be honest, it's hard to tell what I'm looking at. Make the colors contrast a bit more, it's all a big blur right now.

ZeeLiam: Not bad, but I've seen better from you. The cliff on the right seems a little tall, try shortening it just a bit.

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:50 PM

I went with Russ even though it looks WAY too orange.

#5 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

Ennon Fennon: Too much detail, it looks JPEGed. Reduce the amount of detail (and colours) and the screen will look much cleaner. 5/10.

Russ: Almost perfectly built. No real clashes and lots going on without being over the top. The only thing that bugs me is that I don't like how the water was used so much. 9/10. Voted.

ZeeLiam: Tal Tal Heights? It guess it looks OKAY, not excessivly crowded like most of your other shots. This is an improvement. 7/10 for the screen + 1/10 for your improvement = 8/10 total.

#6 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:27 AM

EnnonFenom - 6/10
I suppose the design is pretty good for what you are using, but I have to admit that I am not a fan of those graphics. Some of it is difficult to look at. Still, I can sense decent design over choice of graphics. My tie-breaking vote goes here, since I think the design elements are a little better than the other two.

Russ - 6/10
The amount of detail is good, but the areas around the hole in the center seem awkward, as it looks like some of the grass is floating on thin air, and one of the trees is incredibly close to the edge. It just feels a bit unnatural. Other than that, the rest of it is pretty good. And no, I have no complaints about the colors.

ZeeLiam - 6/10
Not a significant overlook shot, but sometimes these can be necessary for such a setting. It's hard to do much with a screen that has a lot taken up by a horizon, but I don't think you tried to cram too much into it for the most part. However, there are still awkward elements in there. The stump on the right seems out of place with its position. It might be better off to just not have it. The two alike dead trees look way too crammed in to make sense where they are as well. In fact, the screen might still look better if there were no trees in it at all. Ground details look pretty good to me, though.

#7 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:44 AM

Ennon: It's a pretty good forest screen, but with the graphics you're using, I couldn't really tell what I was looking at at first. Maybe try giving the trees and the brush more prominent outlines?

Russ: Looks pretty good and solid. I can't find anything that's used improperly, and the amount of detail is nice. Just one question: Why on Earth is that brush purple? icon_razz.gif

ZeeLiam: As far as detail goes, it's rather nice for a GB-style screen. The one thing that bothers me is that some of the graphics are being used incorrectly. For example: On the right-most side of the screen, the red edges to that mountain just sort of stop for the vines. There should be, somewhere in that tile set, versions of those with rounded edges. For example, look at this. Another thing is that I'm pretty sure those tall, bare tree trunks should have branches protruding out of their right sides. Last thing is the clouds; they have flat bottoms like that because they're supposed to be coming out of the horizon. I guess they kind of work like this, though.

Voted for Russ.

Edited by Beta Link, 13 December 2010 - 01:45 AM.

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

Ennon: I like this. It has potential. The main issue is that the sprites clash. I see very detailed skeletons, very outlined dor tektites, and very classic link. I'm ok if the tiles and sprites clash a bit, but you shouldn't mix styles like this. Of course I'm one to talk as I've done this myself...icon_razz.gif
Russ: Voted for this. I love dungeons that combine outdoors and indoors. May I suggest that you don't use dungeon water, though? The clear dungeon water doesn't go well next to the autumn outdoor grass.
ZeeLiam: I can't find anything majorly wrong with it...I just don't like the palette you chose...

#9 WindStrike

WindStrike

Culex is the bane of my existence.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:20 AM

(hi once again)

EnnonFenom: Fairly decent screen with lots of variety. Though it took a little bit of focus to figure out what was what. I'd suggest adding a few more outlines.

Russ: The most beautiful of the three, but its clashing perspectives really throws me off. The overhanging grass is an interesting touch.

ZeeLiam: Very rare does anyone ever get an over-shot look right, especially in perspective, and you've managed to pull it off very well. Everything flows together and it's just a great shot overall.

My vote goes to ZeeLiam.

#10 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:19 AM

Ennon - Overall, it's a decent screen, but those leaves obviously don't belong there, and it DOES look JPEGED.

Russ - Excellent design, although DLT was right about it being a tad too orange. Still got my vote, though.

Zee - Since the shot's in ZQ, there's no action. And the cliff on the right doesn't need to be that tall, especially since it doesn't make me feel the one on the bottom is just as tall.

#11 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

To all though that say it looks jpeged well thats the case. It was a png but photobucket keeps converting my images even imageshack too. when I clearly see people uploading png through those site and I have even done so my self but now no matter what they convert. maybe its cause they exceeded the size limit? dun no...

On they contest well I null of course but I feel so so about all shoots even mine because the enemies are temp any how. And The graphics are still a work in progress.

#12 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

Voted for Russ; my only problem with it has already been stated numerous times, so I'll refrain from throwing the same tomato.

The others are good as well, but not quite on par design-wise.
EnnonFenom: The design is decent, and the graphics are unique, but it's difficult to tell what it is at a glance.
ZeeLiam: A good shot, but it seems a little empty. Also, I don't like that the mountain lines right up with the coastline.

#13 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:49 AM

I'm a big fan of GB-style, so I voted for ZeeLiam. icon_smile.gif

#14 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

Ooh a tie :O

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

EnnonFenom: Interesting design choice, but a bit of perspective issues abound here. Some things blend in too much, and the treetop bulb thingies stand out too much.

Russ: Other than part of the grass hanging over the water that looks weird, it looks pretty good. Got my vote.

ZeeLiam: Not a bad shot, but the mountain perspective seems a bit odd to me for some reason... I dunno, maybe my eyes are just messed up. icon_deformed.gif
QUOTE(Lynker @ Dec 14 2010, 05:33 PM) View Post
Ooh a tie :O
Please read. This too. I know you've been warned about this before. Posts need substance to contribute to threads, and this post is lacking any of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users