Photo

Screenshot of the Week 459

Geoffrey Charizard Avataro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 459 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

Charizard

Charizard.png

Lost Historia's Faron Woods

A rainy night.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey.png

Will you be my Castlequest?

#2 Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

I voted for charizard. I didn't know who to vote for at first so I'll start with Geoffrey. I liked the picture but made me feel like Im in a fair with clowns. Avarto I liked your picture I just think DoR is over rated and the purple tree...? And finally charizard it was a good picture but it needs more trees or something to the west of the water.
  • Shane likes this

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

I voted for charizard. I didn't know who to vote for at first so I'll start with Geoffrey. I liked the picture but made me feel like Im in a fair with clowns. Avarto I liked your picture I just think DoR is over rated and the purple tree...? And finally charizard it was a good picture but it needs more trees or something to the west of the water.

OVERATED???? (Maybe XD) But Avataro is actually using Pure Remembrance silly ;)

• Shane likes this

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

That tree looks pink to me. Also are we referencing the purple tree meme here? :P

Also I like open space. I try to keep 80% of the screen open while adding details off to the sides. It gives more room to fight baddies, more space to explore and it just makes the world feel more big considering this quest is going to be slightly less than medium sized.

#5 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

That tree looks pink to me. Also are we referencing the purple tree meme here? :P

Also I like open space. I try to keep 80% of the screen open while adding details off to the sides. It gives more room to fight baddies, more space to explore and it just makes the world feel more big considering this quest is going to be slightly less than medium sized.

That explains why you only have space for 10 heart containers :(

• Shane likes this

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Hey seven dungeons (five main, one semi-final and one final) should be enough. :P

I made an honest mistake, I was referring to the quest's overworld. I wanted to go for quality and content rather than size.

Edited by Charizard, 09 June 2014 - 10:08 PM.

#7 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

I voted for Char Char because mushroom cones.

• Shane likes this

#8 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

I honestly don't understand how I am getting so many votes.  Thank you?

• DCEnygma, Shane and Demonlink like this

#9 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Hey seven dungeons (five main, one semi-final and one final) should be enough. :P

I made an honest mistake, I was referring to the quest's overworld. I wanted to go for quality and content rather than size.

Meh, I prefer big sized Overworlds, dem Hero of Dreams type, that makes a quest famous! My quest will have Hyrule Field use 7 Dmaps!  :tard: (Leaving my sarcasm aside, you have a point there, "Quality over quantity ;) " )

• Shane likes this

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

You got to admit, your screen does look promising and unique.

Meh, I prefer big sized Overworlds, dem Hero of Dreams type, that makes a quest famous! My quest will have Hyrule Field use 7 Dmaps!  :tard: (Leaving my sarcasm aside, you have a point there, "Quality over quantity ;) " )

I would be quite scared to see a quest that big (and good looking).

#11 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

Geoffrey's had character and reminded me of Legacy of the Wizard. The other two didn't feel all that inspired. My vote goes to Geoffrey.

#12 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:07 AM

The tall shrooms could use some shading on the top part. Other than that Shane's shot wins, especially with that palette. Edit: Did you try teal water? Like more green. Not sure whether it would look better, though.

Edited by Sheik, 10 June 2014 - 04:08 AM.

• Shane likes this

#13 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

Charizard: I really like the colors and screen composition here, but I feel the left side of the screen is a bit barren with the pit. This goes back to previous statements that as part of a quest this screen would be fine, but I don't know that it stands alone great as an SOTW entry.

Avataro: Purple Tree? 0/10 :blah:

But in all seriousness, this is a perfectly fine screen without a whole lot going on. Also, the enemy sprites seem to clash with the rest of the colors a bit. Like they seem too bright for the rainstorm? Not sure, but it's a bit off.

Geoffrey: This feels like a game straight out of my childhood. I really like the color palette and the way the sprites are designed. It just feels like a really interesting puzzle platformer to me. I will say that something seems off about the black background, like some tiles are lighter than others? Not sure what's going on there but it looks kind of strange.

Geoffrey gets my vote this week, but he just barely beats out Charizard. Good shots from all though! :D

• Shane likes this

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Charizard wins this one for this week, the way that screen looks is really amazing and I love the huge mushrooms and that Gossip Stone.

• Shane likes this

#15 RetraRoyale

RetraRoyale

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

It's all because of the "KEY LIME"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Geoffrey, Charizard, Avataro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users