• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#46 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

I was using 2.5.2 

If you use the hookshot in a curtain spot onto a hookshot grab combo, it will clip you through the combo a little bit, if you do it again, it will hookshot through the combo, if you do it at the edge of the screen it will self lock the game. Note: This will only work if your very close to the wall, like touching it.

v5rf38ssk822uk6zg.jpg

#47 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:34 AM

Sometimes, enemies that release bombs on death do not hurt the player. This is seen in the most recent EotM, and in this post. Dunno how to replicate it, it seems kind of random.

Edit: ZC version it was made with is 2.50.2.

#48 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:26 AM

Sometimes, enemies that release bombs on death do not hurt the player. This is seen in the most recent EotM, and in this post. Dunno how to replicate it, it seems kind of random.
Edit: ZC version it was made with is 2.50.2.

Please clarify what you mean by 'release bombs on death'. Do you mean the bomb explosion from Bombchu type enemies?

If the npcs are scripted, it could be a script error. I recall bomb blast death styles only working for a limited number of applications, in general.

Note that if Link is still in his invulnerability frames, that the explosions won't hurt him. If that is not the cause, then it'll be rather hard to track down. Random bugs, are always fun to fix.

I was using 2.5.2 
If you use the hookshot in a curtain spot onto a hookshot grab combo, it will clip you through the combo a little bit, if you do it again, it will hookshot through the combo, if you do it at the edge of the screen it will self lock the game. Note: This will only work if your very close to the wall, like touching it.

v5rf38ssk822uk6zg.jpg

Interesting. I encountered this when I was testing the diagonal hookshot, and it was one of the reasons that I put that feature on hold. ZC will usually (eventually) recover from itin my experience, but I did not know that it could happen with an orthagonal hookshot.

I'll need to test for it in debug at some point. Can it be reliably duplicated? If so, what is the precise method to duplicate it?

(A video would be helpful.)

I'll try your test quest after I finish restoring my dev system.

#49 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

Please clarify what you mean by 'release bombs on death'. Do you mean the bomb explosion from Bombchu type enemies

I have a Lynel (no scripts, just in the editor) that releases 8 super bombs when it is killed. I forget the exact name as I'm not in front of my computer right now, but it's a death attribute, I'm pretty sure. If you go to the thread I linked, NJF has a video of it in action. Pretty sure it's set to do 4 damage, and sometimes, Link seems to ignore these books.

I will admit, it's not a huge deal for me personally, as I'd probably never use these in a real quest, but I figured it might be worth mentioning.

#50 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

Interesting. I encountered this when I was testing the diagonal hookshot, and it was one of the reasons that I put that feature on hold. ZC will usually (eventually) recover from itin my experience, but I did not know that it could happen with an orthagonal hookshot.

I'll need to test for it in debug at some point. Can it be reliably duplicated? If so, what is the precise method to duplicate it?

(A video would be helpful.)

I'll try your test quest after I finish restoring my dev system.

Video Link:

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#51 Ner0nitas

Ner0nitas

• Members

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

Excuse my crappy english (greetings from germany).  :)

I have a freezing problem with "Zelda Classic 2.50.2".
It's a fresh download from 4 days ago from "zeldaclassics.com".
Operating system: Windows 10 / 64 Bit

What happens:
The "Zelda Classic"-screen freezes, but only the screen.
Technicaly, I can move around and do everything I want... I just can't see it anymore cause I'm only able to see the frozen picture.
I also can't see the menu-bar at the top or everything ZC related (after pressing F6 to save or F9 to reset), but I can interact with everything blindly.
If I'm lucky, I'm able to save my progress.
To solve it, I have to quit outta the game.

When does it happen:
At random.
I'm doing nothing specific.
It happens when walking, when attacking... and so on.
It happens sometimes after 10 minutes and sometimes after 3 hours.

Which quests are affected:
Every quest.
I played: "Randomizer Alpha", "Legend Of Lana", "Yuurei", "Panoply Of Calatia", "Hyrules Resurrection"... and so on, nothing specific.

What does the "ag"-file say:
The standard-stuff... I have nothing changed.

I play in windowed-mode, cause of the flickering in fullscreen.

Additional info:
It is a re-download after around 6 months or so.
Every time I used "Zelda Classic 2.50" before, it worked perfectly fine (except the flickering).
The problem only started after downloading it again 4 days ago.

EDIT: After searching through this forum a little bit, I saw that I solve the flickering problem with 2 little edits in the "ag"-file.
I also have to use (I think) DXGL for this game (for whatever reason), but don't know for now if it solves my main problem cause it pops up at random.

Edited by Ner0nitas, 30 November 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#52 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

Now that I've gotten Windows 10, each time I load ZC 2.50.2 it fails to load and automatically deletes itself. After that, Norton pops up saying the file is a virus.

Is there anyway I can fix this issue?

#53 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

It's your Antivirus deleting it because it is operating it in its shell. You have to mark the folder or something as an exception to protect it from the antivirus.

• Joelmacool likes this

#54 mikegonzalez2k

mikegonzalez2k

• Members

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:09 AM

In the Sound settings if you lower the MIDI volume to 0 this can also disable the sound effects.

I was playing the game while watching a show, so I set the MIDI volume to 0 so I would only hear the sound effects.

It worked perfect for a while.  But then I pushed ESC to pause.  When I resumed the game both the MIDI and SFX were gone.
I tried increasing the volumes back to their initial settings, but the game was still completely muted.
I had to restart the instance of ZC from the launcher to get the sound back.

I think there is an error in your onResume part of the lifecycle related to the initialization of MIDI and special effects.

#55 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:23 AM

In the Sound settings if you lower the MIDI volume to 0 this can also disable the sound effects.
I was playing the game while watching a show, so I set the MIDI volume to 0 so I would only hear the sound effects.
It worked perfect for a while.  But then I pushed ESC to pause.  When I resumed the game both the MIDI and SFX were gone.
I tried increasing the volumes back to their initial settings, but the game was still completely muted.
I had to restart the instance of ZC from the launcher to get the sound back.
I think there is an error in your onResume part of the lifecycle related to the initialization of MIDI and special effects.

What ZC version are you using, and on what OS?

@Mods: Please post-merge this topic into the bugs thread.
  • Neppy likes this

#56 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

Hello all

Long time not posted here

Was re-playing one of my favorite quest : Armageddon Quest Forever

Suddenly, stuck at the beginning of level 8. Room was supposed to unlock after beeting blue lanmola (enemy leader)

But nope  :-/

Video here  : https://streamable.com/dyw36

Running Version 2.50 Build 29 (october 22, 2015) on Mac OS X 10.11.6

Any workaround for this ? Is there a tool to unlock cheat so I can continue playing?

Cheers

#57 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:55 AM

Hello all
Long time not posted here

Was re-playing one of my favorite quest : Armageddon Quest Forever
Suddenly, stuck at the beginning of level 8. Room was supposed to unlock after beeting blue lanmola (enemy leader)
But nope  :-/
Video here  : https://streamable.com/dyw36

Running Version 2.50 Build 29 (october 22, 2015) on Mac OS X 10.11.6

Any workaround for this ? Is there a tool to unlock cheat so I can continue playing?

Cheers

I'm not sure why this would happen. The 1.92 codebase is lost, and ringleaders should not have changed in a way that impares their ability to open shutters.

My guess, would be that there are npcs that aren't dying now. I'll need to look at the quest and see what is on that screen. DOOM is long-gone, so, no-one maintains this version of AQ.

I could modify it and output it as a 2.50.x quest, but that wouldn't fix the ZC issue.

Try it using 2.53.0b13 and tell me if it's the same, please: There were a few npc fixes for 1.9x quests that went into 2.53.

Back up zc.sav and copy it to the 2.53 path, along with the quest. DO NOT overwrite your 2.50.2 path!

#58 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:33 AM

Try it using 2.53.0b13 and tell me if it's the same, please: There were a few npc fixes for 1.9x quests that went into 2.53.

No luck. Same bug occurs. Tested on V2.50 Beta Build 31 and V2.53 Build 31 (on Windows 8.1)

#59 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

Found what appears to be a bug with maze paths. Haven't tested exhaustively, but it happens with 2.50.2.

As far as I can tell, the issue is that, when entered from another maze path room, the new room counts the entry as a move through the path.

In my quest, I have one maze path which goes North, East, South, North, leading to another where you go North four times. In practice, the latter room only requires three movements north.

It's a minor thing, but I think it's a bug.

#60 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

Found a bizarre little bug in 2.50.

If you have a room with a shop (or probably other special room types; only tested this for a shop in a cave, not on the screen), but also have dive->item flags on screen, then it will give you an item when you dive which has the same index no. as the shop you used.

I suspect this effect would also work for potion shops (instead of shops, I mean).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC, Bug, Reports, Audio, MIDI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users