New BS version 2.6 removed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

After some thought I decided to remove New BS version 2.6 from the database. The only thing version 2.6 has that 3.1 doesn't is more bugs, flaws, and errors. icon_razz.gif

This won't affect most people, but I just wanted to leave a mark somewhere to show what I did, in case somebody goes looking for version 2.6 for some reason and gets confused.

Version 3.1 can now be found where 2.6 used to be, right here. I also changed the description so it'd stand better on its own.

#2 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

While you're at it, you could remove the original DoR and package it with DoR 2.0, for those who still want to use it; the 1.9 upgrade package is included anyhow, so when they want to upgrade, 1.9 is there.

Just a thought though. icon_wink.gif

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(Linkus @ Apr 18 2009, 05:34 PM) View Post

While you're at it, you could remove the original DoR and package it with DoR 2.0, for those who still want to use it; the 1.9 upgrade package is included anyhow, so when they want to upgrade, 1.9 is there.

Just a thought though. icon_wink.gif

Hmmm. Worth considering.

The reason New BS was bothering me was because v3.1 only had 6 ratings, and one wonderful person rated it a 3. Normally, this wouldn't bother me, except that it brought the rating down below version 2.6's. icon_razz.gif So people would sort by rating and think that 2.6 was somehow better than 3.1. What really happened was that some people rated one tileset but not the other, so their ratings didn't reflect their opinions about which is better between the two.

Fortunately, DoR 1.9/2.0 doesn't seem to have that problem. Still, I'll consider it... I've come across a few people who've been using the old DoR in spite of the upgrade. But hey, there's no accounting for taste, eh? And at least the old DoR isn't just "identical but buggier."

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

No, don't do the same for DoR. The old DoR is essentially a different tileset. Packaging them together would be like packing GB and Pure together.

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Apr 18 2009, 08:50 PM) View Post
No, don't do the same for DoR. The old DoR is essentially a different tileset. Packaging them together would be like packing GB and Pure together.

Hmmm. I think it'd be more like packaging Pure v2 and PTUX together. icon_razz.gif

#6 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:31 PM

I was tempted to download version 3.1 because it IS better than 2.6, but I was already too far into my quest to do so, wth custom tiles and combos and so I didn't. I did manage to fix the bugs with the doors and other stuff and I gotta say it's still one of the best tilesets in the QDB, definitely..Maybe in the future I'll do a quest with version 3.1, considering it does have the "Ice dungeon" tiles right?

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE(Alex-Link @ May 31 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post
I was tempted to download version 3.1 because it IS better than 2.6, but I was already too far into my quest to do so, with custom tiles and combos and so I didn't. I did manage to fix the bugs with the doors and other stuff and I gotta say it's still one of the best tilesets in the QDB, definitely..Maybe in the future I'll do a quest with version 3.1, considering it does have the "Ice dungeon" tiles right?

Thanks. Glad you figured out the Doors bug. icon_smile.gif It's a weird one, to be sure, because Doors and Lock Blocks don't mix.

As for the "ice dungeon," I think it's mostly just a palette... and palettes aren't very difficult to rip. icon_thumbsup.gif Just make sure you rip the level palette from a screenshot, rather than using the "Import" feature.

#8 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:15 PM

^Actually I don't need the Ice dungeon for this quest Im about to finish, but perhaps in a future quest I'll start over with version 3.1..

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Alex-Link @ Jun 1 2009, 11:15 AM) View Post
^Actually I don't need the Ice dungeon for this quest Im about to finish, but perhaps in a future quest I'll start over with version 3.1..

That's okay; not every quest necessarily needs an ice dungeon. icon_smile.gif If you use the tileset again, I hope it's useful to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users