33 replies to this topic

#16 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:00 PM

I approve the new music choices so far. Can't go wrong with Lost Odyssey. :P

I'm going to be replaying this despite having tested in portions, I'll leave a review then. Fantastic work!

• Joelmacool likes this

#17 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, all the music seems to be working. I like the music additions, though I personally still take issue with the ice area, gorons, and house music. But I've made my point there, so I'll stop whining. :P

I have an observation on progression. Your goal is to make this very non-linear, and on the whole it's very well thought out. However, I feel like the sword upgrade is such a big, even game-breaking upgrade, that the fact the key to get it is locked behind enemies that require the hammer make the Kiln the clear best choice for which dungeon to tackle first. My suggestion would be to remove the hammer check, but perhaps have the sword itself have a heart check similar to that one scroll in the desert, but designed for mid-game rather than late-game. That way you could ensure the player can't make a rush for such a powerful item in the beginning, while maintaining the feel that all four dungeons are equal.

• Joelmacool likes this

#18 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:59 AM

I have an observation on progression. Your goal is to make this very non-linear, and on the whole it's very well thought out. However, I feel like the sword upgrade is such a big, even game-breaking upgrade, that the fact the key to get it is locked behind enemies that require the hammer make the Kiln the clear best choice for which dungeon to tackle first. My suggestion would be to remove the hammer check, but perhaps have the sword itself have a heart check similar to that one scroll in the desert, but designed for mid-game rather than late-game. That way you could ensure the player can't make a rush for such a powerful item in the beginning, while maintaining the feel that all four dungeons are equal.

I considered this and I completely agree. So, for the next update, I've made it so you can only pick up the sword if you have five hearts. I've also replaced some dialogue for one NPC, so they now tell you that you need five hearts to collect the sword.

• Aevin likes this

#19 Zolias

Zolias

Retired Darknut Captain; Apprentice Wizrobe

• Members

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:26 AM

Ok... I finished the quest, and decided to do what I thought was the 'good' choice... apparently not.  How many endings are there in this game, anyway? lol

• Joelmacool likes this

#20 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:31 AM

Ok... I finished the quest, and decided to do what I thought was the 'good' choice... apparently not.  How many endings are there in this game, anyway? lol

Two endings.
  • Joelmacool likes this

#21 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:26 AM

There are only two endings to the quest, but you could interpret the endings in different ways.

#22 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:10 PM

In the Kiln...its possible to reach the boss key room and get trapped there without the Hammer. Near the stairway on the previous floor leading here (South of Tingle)....there's a small blockade with one of the statue enemies. If you kill the enemies there...leave and reenter....it respawns as something else. So you can lower that way. I thought it was intended at first....but I see now it isn't.

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 12 November 2018 - 08:13 PM.

• Joelmacool likes this

#23 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:55 AM

In the Kiln...its possible to reach the boss key room and get trapped there without the Hammer. Near the stairway on the previous floor leading here (South of Tingle)....there's a small blockade with one of the statue enemies. If you kill the enemies there...leave and reenter....it respawns as something else. So you can lower that way. I thought it was intended at first....but I see now it isn't.

Regarding the first point, I thought I removed the shutter door so you could leave the room whenever you feel? Also, I now made it so you NEED to kill the hammer enemy in order to progress through the staircase, thanks for pointing this out!

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#24 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:39 PM

I think I missed the update. I was able to collect the Sword too with only 3 hearts. I'll do the update now before continuing.

Edit: Update stopped the music from playing?

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 13 November 2018 - 05:45 PM.

• Joelmacool likes this

#25 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:55 PM

I think I missed the update. I was able to collect the Sword too with only 3 hearts. I'll do the update now before continuing.

It shouldn't have. Maybe you forgot to put the songs and the new quest file in the same area?

#26 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

Make sure you download the new music files on the quest page. The new ones are in ogg format.

• Joelmacool likes this

#27 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:05 PM

It doesn't work. I have both sets of music files in the same folder as the quest file.
Edit: Starting a new save doesn't work either.

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 15 November 2018 - 05:09 PM.

• Joelmacool likes this

#28 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:47 AM

It doesn't work. I have both sets of music files in the same folder as the quest file.
Edit: Starting a new save doesn't work either.

That's really odd. I tested it myself and it seems to work fine on my end. I got Eddy to test it too and it works fine for him too. Are you sure you have everything set up properly? Maybe it's because you have both types of music files in the same area (try removing all the MP3 files, and make sure the OGG file names have "SC" at the end of each area name (for example: CreditsSC)). It might be a good idea to re-download the OGG songs, and then place the new quest file in the song folder.

#29 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:00 PM

Adding SC to the file names did the job. Thanks. Still strange how it happened though...they worked with the old file as they were...but after I overwrote it with the updated one...is when they stopped working.

• Joelmacool likes this

#30 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:50 PM

Finished. Both endings sucked :P

Spoiler

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 16 November 2018 - 07:54 PM.

• Joelmacool likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users