An Item Script Request

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The_Amaster

The_Amaster

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

Is there any chance someone can write me an item script with the following criteria...?
1.) It's an equip item.
2.) It has some sort of puzzle possible interaction. (Matthew's Cane of Somaria is the best example)
3.) It's something splashy. (Like, a wand vs a power bracelet)
4.)...and far, faaaar looser, if it so happens to tie into a watery theme somehow, all the better.

This doesn't even have to be specialized for me or anything. If you happen to have an item script you or someone built a while ago that I've missed, please.

Much obliged to anyone who does. icon_wink.gif

Edited by The_Amaster, 28 November 2007 - 11:34 PM.

#2 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(The_Amaster @ Nov 27 2007, 09:28 PM) View Post

Is there any chance someone can write me an item script with the following criteria...?
1.) It's an equip item.
2.) It has some sort of puzzle possible interaction. (Matthew's Cane of Somaria is the best example)
3.) It's something splashy. (Like, a wand vs a power bracelet)
4.)...and far, faaaar looser, if it so happens to tie into a watery theme somehow, all the better.

This doesn't even have to be specialized for me or anything. If you happen to have an item script you or someone built a while ago that I've missed, please.

Much obliged to anyone who does. icon_wink.gif

Fixed. It's Cane of SOMARIA, not BYRNA. icon_razz.gif You'll need to give some more info, okay? I don't know what you mean by "splashy", nor do I know what you mean by "looser". :/ More info, or I can't make this for you...

#3 The_Amaster

The_Amaster

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:33 PM

Right, always get those two canes mixed up. Whoops.

Well, by splashy consider my example of the Power Bracelet vs. the Wand. The power bracelet sits there. It's lets you push blocks and stuff. Whereas the Wand (or the Hookshot, or the Roc's Feather) lets you SHOOT FRICKIN MAGIC. Man, that's cool (says little Timmy gamer)

The fourth one is just thats it's for a watery dungeon. While by no means does it have to interact with the theme in any way (I'll find a way to make it) it would be nice.

Aside from that, I don't know what you're capable of.(Well, I know it's really impressive, just not where the physical limits are)

Off the top of my head: Dominion Rod(fires blast granting control of some combo),

Top Spinner (if Link is paralell to a special combo(probably unused, like that one eyeball) it speeds him along the consecutive combos whilst ignoring all terrain effects(pits, damages, conveyers, etc). Otherwise he just sits there),

Magic Boomerang (controlable for a certain time, until it returns to Link).

Any of these sound viable?

Edited by The_Amaster, 28 November 2007 - 11:36 PM.

#4 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(The_Amaster @ Nov 28 2007, 11:33 PM) View Post

Right, always get those two canes mixed up. Whoops.

Well, by splashy consider my example of the Power Bracelet vs. the Wand. The power bracelet sits there. It's lets you push blocks and stuff. Whereas the Wand (or the Hookshot, or the Roc's Feather) lets you SHOOT FRICKIN MAGIC. Man, that's cool (says little Timmy gamer)

The fourth one is just thats it's for a watery dungeon. While by no means does it have to interact with the theme in any way (I'll find a way to make it) it would be nice.

Aside from that, I don't know what you're capable of.(Well, I know it's really impressive, just not where the physical limits are)

Off the top of my head: Dominion Rod(fires blast granting control of some combo),

Top Spinner (if Link is paralell to a special combo(probably unused, like that one eyeball) it speeds him along the consecutive combos whilst ignoring all terrain effects(pits, damages, conveyers, etc). Otherwise he just sits there),

Magic Boomerang (controlable for a certain time, until it returns to Link).

Any of these sound viable?

I'm still confused about your comparison of Wand and Power Bracelet. What do their effects have to do with your request? It's like you're saying you want that one item to be both the Wand and the Power Bracelet, which you could do by giving them both at the exact same time, and showing one, but not the other.... What are you wanting? Something that fires bouncy water balls?

Dominion Rod? Lol, I was wanting to script that a while back. XD Everyone was begging me for Spinner, though... That was annoying.

Spinner? Oh gosh NO. Wait 'til I finish Magnetic Gloves for Shoelace (after deciding how to do it). THEN I'll try this. D:

Remote Boomerang? I highly doubt it. I don't know how to do FFC weapons. I can't use the normal Boomerang, since ZScript can't edit Link's weapons yet...

#5 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

What I got from that was that he wanted an Active item rather than a Passive one? I think?

#6 The_Amaster

The_Amaster

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:05 PM

Sorry, I'm really not explaining properly. I mean actionwise the Wand, Roc's Feather, and Hookshot are far cooler than the candle, bow, or power bracelet. The former are exciting, interesting, while the latter are more...utilitarian. Any better?

#7 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(The_Amaster @ Nov 29 2007, 05:05 PM) View Post

Sorry, I'm really not explaining properly. I mean actionwise the Wand, Roc's Feather, and Hookshot are far cooler than the candle, bow, or power bracelet. The former are exciting, interesting, while the latter are more...utilitarian. Any better?

Not really. Before an item can be made, one must know exactly what it should do. It's not enough to say, "Oh, I want it be like so and so, and its effects and looks can be anything at all". It has to have a defined effect. Until you tell me what it is exactly that you want it to do... I can't make it for you. :/

#8 The_Amaster

The_Amaster

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:07 PM

Gust Jar?
Enemies in front of Link are attracted to him, and it activates a special "Gust" flag.(Using those handy dandy new ones just added)
Alternativly, Deku Leaf:
Enemies in front of Link are repeled from him, and it activated Gust flags.

Replicator: This is suddenly the one I'm most interested in. Now, from the appearence it makes a copy of Link in front of him, who he then controls for a period of [X] seconds/ticks.
However, what it actually does is move Link forward one space while creating a combo that looks like him where he was. The real Link is now invulneable to terrain effects and enemies. (The reason I want this instead of just a Link look-alike combo you control is so that he can use weapons and items) When times up, the placeholder dissapears and Link returns to his old place. However, I'm only interested in this if real Links appearance can be changed for the duration, either a CSet change, or a new set of tiles.

Those six are all I can come up with

Edited by The_Amaster, 29 November 2007 - 06:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users