Photo

A fourth Goddess Spell

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:12 AM

Well, if one existed think how much easier it would be for non-scripters to use. Set some global vars for unique weapon damage, combos used, and then your set. It still needs to be made and untill I figure out why my version doesn't work I like complaining about it. icon_razz.gif

Admittedly, The earth spell is a little tricky for me...well mostly just tedious to make.

#17 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

My plan was that it work similar to Din's fire in the sense that the spikes act like the flames (appear simultaneously and then disappear after a few seconds).

However, given that FFC's are limited, then 3 spikes rapidly surfacing and de(?)surfacing works too.

ADHD is a *****... I can't learn anything because it gets boring right away. ;-; (like scripting, although I understand basic mechanics of it, I'm not syntax savvy)

Edited by Majora, 20 November 2007 - 09:54 PM.

#18 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:31 AM

I'm actually working on something similar if you're still interested, It's not quite the same, but A) giant spikes will rise from the ground, and B) they will damage the **** out of enemies. Total area of effect; 12, 18, 27, or even 48 squares plus velocity. Hmm... I suppose I could add a for loop to randomly place them over the screen like you wanted originally though...

Once I get it done then I'll have to modify it for you, which should be before 2.5 comes out. ( icon_wink.gif )

Edited by Gleeok, 24 December 2007 - 06:33 AM.

#19 Captain Magenta

Captain Magenta

Senior

• Members

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

Another possibility for this spell would be that instead of being an outright attack spell which is already accomplished by Din's Fire, it could complement Nayru's Love's defense bolstering abilities by temporarily boosting Link's physical attack power for all his weapons while the effect lasts. It could double his attack powers which with something like the Master Sword or the Hammer would wreak havoc on any enemy unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity when these powers were tapped. It could also do something like instead of damaging the enemy, it could be an area effect earth attack that could stun and or slow down all land based enemies in the area; essentially it would have the effects of the boomerang upon all ground enemies within it's attack radius. As such the abilities could be:

Din's Fire: Attack spell that torches all enemies within it's blast radius
Nayru's Love: Defense spell that temporarily renders Link invulnerable to damage
Farore's Wind: Utility spell that allows magical transport to the beginning of entered areas
Gaia's Fury: Status inducing spell that either boosts Link's attack power, or stuns all land based enemies
within it's blast radius (Choose an effect to script.....)

Just my thoughts on this subject.....

#20 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 December 2007 - 03:30 AM

My RPG side wants to suggest that after attack, defense, and teleportation, a healing spell is in order. However, Zelda 2 has demonstrated to me how the idea of a healing spell is problematic...

On the other hand, you COULD have a spell that temporarily halves player damage. icon_smile.gif This would probably be difficult to accomplish without temporarily giving the player a ring, though, so it might not be possible to have it if you already plan on giving rings.

Okay, here's my serious best suggestion:

A spell that freezes time. I think this would be great, because there is already an item that does this. icon_thumbsup.gif All you would need to do would create an item script that gives Link the item. Then you could check the quest rule(?) "clocks are temporary," and you're done. It'd certainly be a lot more interesting than damage, and a lot more appropriate as a fourth spell... icon_razz.gif

Scripters, does that sound easy to script?

#21 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 December 2007 - 04:35 AM

Giving Link a dummy ring with no palette modifier shouldn't be too hard I don't think.

Might cause problems if you do already have a ring though...

However, giving Link clocks via script just doesn't work icon_frown.gif
I've tried making him invincible and stopping enemies like that; no luck whatsoever.
Sorry.

#22 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Dec 25 2007, 02:30 AM) View Post

My RPG side wants to suggest that after attack, defense, and teleportation, a healing spell is in order.

I really don't want to give people the impression that I'm holding out on posting a bunch of awesome scripts with this post, as I'm not, but everything you've mentioned is already scripted. icon_smile.gif Healing is actually easy for anyone without scripting: simply set the "potion" to use magic and uncheck the dissappears after use flag. Scripting is easy, but making it bug-free is the hard part. The single reason there are no readily available attack scripts in bunches is due to crash bugs. ex;

Script attempted to reference a nonexistent NPC!
Script attempted to reference a nonexistent NPC!

I'm not trusting isValid quite yet.

On the other hand, you COULD have a spell that temporarily halves player damage. icon_smile.gif This would probably be difficult to accomplish without temporarily giving the player a ring, though, so it might not be possible to have it if you already plan on giving rings.

Nah, that's easy. I've already finished the "Mana_shield". You know, like in Diablo. You activate it by holding L and R and pressing start. Then all damage is subtracted from Links MP instead of life. For this all i'd have to do is change one line; cur_hp -= hp_differential/2; or something. I'll post it if you want it, Though you can do it easier with joe123's idea of giving the player the next level of ring. Here's the missing part:

Ring 1(green),2,3,4. Each level of ring needs it's own dummy ring.(cset similiarity). with me so far? That means if Link has the blue ring(2), the dummy ring(6) is given, with the same effect as the red ring so as to not change the cset. meaning you need minimum of 7 rings. etc...

However, giving Link clocks via script just doesn't work
I've tried making him invincible and stopping enemies like that; no luck whatsoever.
Sorry.

Have you tried creating the clock item then matching it's x, and y with Link so he picks up the clock instead of directly trying to add it to his inventory?

Edited by Gleeok, 25 December 2007 - 05:30 AM.

#23 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:23 AM

Hrm.
No.

I've never really made any items via a script.

Might have a poke around with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users