Photo

Screenshot of the Week 255

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 255 (37 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE(Lithium @ May 12 2009, 02:58 AM) View Post

Voted for SerpitaX. The other 3 seem boring and generic.

You need to explain yourself, otherwise your critic isn't very constructive.

QUOTE(Migokalle @ May 12 2009, 08:43 AM) View Post

I don't dig the colors, Sheik, but the design is awesome. You're my choice, no doubt!

Yeah, I was trying to go with somethin new (in terms of colour). But, well, I'll draw some own palettes anyhow which hopefully will be better. Uu. Thank you anyway.

#17 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:12 AM

Sheik:
Great screen, what's not to like? icon_smile.gif ...Okay, actually, there's one thing: you could have taken this shot in the ZC player so we could see the player character and the subscreen. But otherwise everything is spot on.

Prospekt:
I like how the interlocking tiles are laid out, particularly the ground tiles, but there's a little too much going on on this screen. Cobbles, sand, dirt, grass, shallow water, stone, mountain, building, fence, boulder, palm tree, regular tree, stumps, divots, and pounded stakes... that's a lot. Remember, "KiSS."

The subscreen is average, but solid... except I'd move the grey buttons over further to the right, assuming that blank space is unused.

SerpitaX:
Pretty solidly designed screen, but the subscreen is rather unimpressive. The windows don't go well together, and the window frame around the name of the town looks cramped. On second thought, I do have some comments about the screen: 1.) the leaves on the tree in the upper corner are too low on the trunk, and 2.) an underwater palm tree...? Was this place flooded?...

Midnight_King:
Decent, but I think you went a little too tree-happy. Too many tree types together tends to look bad. Also, that tall redwood is too close to the pine tree. I'd remove it altogether, along with several of the other small trees. And of course, it's a ZQuest shot.

I'ma vote for Sheik, since he made the best use of his tileset. Next time show us your subscreen, though, Sheik. icon_wink.gif

P.S. - SotW #255?... OMG!!! Will the next contest reset itself to SotW #0...? icon_eek.gif

#18 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ May 12 2009, 01:12 PM) View Post

Sheik:
Great screen, what's not to like? icon_smile.gif ...Okay, actually, there's one thing: you could have taken this shot in the ZC player so we could see the player character and the subscreen. But otherwise everything is spot on.

I'ma vote for Sheik, since he made the best use of his tileset. Next time show us your subscreen, though, Sheik. icon_wink.gif

Thank you. =). Well, to tell the truth, I'm a bit lazy to load the screen in ZC, and anyways, my subscreen is the generic that comes with the quest. I have some cool ideas for a custom subscreen, but it'll take it's time to actually understand the subscreen editor (I found a tut. here on PZC, so I actually just need a free day to draw tiles and stuff).

#19 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ May 12 2009, 11:12 AM) View Post
Sheik:

Prospekt:
I like how the interlocking tiles are laid out, particularly the ground tiles, but there's a little too much going on on this screen. Cobbles, sand, dirt, grass, shallow water, stone, mountain, building, fence, boulder, palm tree, regular tree, stumps, divots, and pounded stakes... that's a lot. Remember, "KiSS."

The subscreen is average, but solid... except I'd move the grey buttons over further to the right, assuming that blank space is unused.

SerpitaX:
Pretty solidly designed screen, but the subscreen is rather unimpressive. The windows don't go well together, and the window frame around the name of the town looks cramped. On second though, I do have some comments about the screen: 1.) the leaves on the tree in the upper corner are too low on the trunk, and 2.) an underwater palm tree...? Was this place flooded?...

Midnight_King:
Decent, but I think you went a little too tree-happy. Too many tree types together tends to look bad. Also, that tall redwood is too close to the pine tree. I'd remove it altogether, along with several of the other small trees. And of course, it's a ZQuest shot.

P.S. - SotW #255?... OMG!!! Will the next contest reset itself to SotW #0...? icon_eek.gif

Actually, that's as far as SotW can go, until the staff (you) decide to alter the sourcecode to let us have a number higher than 255... and we NEED it.. see?
icon_razz.gif

Actually Seik, the only color I don't like is the yellow "top" of the mountains. Make is blue... I think that could work. That doesn't even need a palette change to be fixed, so you're in luck icon_smile.gif

#20 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ May 12 2009, 03:07 PM) View Post

Actually Sheik, the only color I don't like is the yellow "top" of the mountains. Make is blue... I think that could work. That doesn't even need a palette change to be fixed, so you're in luck icon_smile.gif

I'll try it out just to see the resultat.
Yep, but I want to draw new palettes for HS anyways.

#21 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

Make it blue or green with a tint of red. There's too much orange on that screen so I feel that would make it less... orange icon_razz.gif

#22 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(LinkMystro @ May 12 2009, 10:26 PM) View Post

Make it blue or green with a tint of red. There's too much orange on that screen so I feel that would make it less... orange icon_razz.gif

Yeah, but making blue or green may destory my canyon idea. Red may work. Well, I think it anyways does not look to much like a canyon but rather like a simple mountain. : \

But I got it. Not too much of one colour anymore. :>

#23 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

I just like the way i like it sheik don't change + its an example screen shot he made it with 100% care

#24 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

I think changing the "railing" color might be a good idea for Sheik. It's a bit too light right now and blends in with everything else. It doesn't have to change much, but making it darker and more red or brown would probably be good. Don't really like the idea of making it blue, though. Just my two cents.

#25 BitZero

BitZero

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

SerpitaX:
Pretty solidly designed screen, but the subscreen is rather unimpressive. The windows don't go well together, and the window frame around the name of the town looks cramped. On second thought, I do have some comments about the screen: 1.) the leaves on the tree in the upper corner are too low on the trunk, and 2.) an underwater palm tree...? Was this place flooded?...

I'm still working on the subscreen.

1) Doh! icon_sweat.gif
Did not see that...

2)Yes, it's a plot element. Later, the water will sink and there will be newer places to visit.

#26 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(SerpitaX @ May 12 2009, 04:48 PM) View Post
I'm still working on the subscreen.

1) Doh! icon_sweat.gif
Did not see that...

2)Yes, it's a plot element. Later, the water will sink and there will be newer places to visit.

1) Easy enough to fix!

2) As long as you didn't just put only one tree in there on a whim, it's cool. icon_wink.gif

#27 Questwizard

Questwizard

The Moldorm Guy

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:39 PM

Sheik: Very nice GB screen, as expected. We've been seeing a lot of very good ones lately. All I would do differently is just slightly darken the darker brown on the mountains. It seems to make the black stand out just a bit too much. 8.5/10

Prospekt: A good DoR screen. I also like that windmill in the corner. 7.5/10

SerpitaX: A nice desert screen. Good use of transparent water too. I'd give it an 8/10

Midnight_King: I really like this one. It looks good all around. It has detail, and its not overdetailed. The shadows also fit in very nicely. 9/10, *vote*

#28 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

Sheik - 15 Votes = [58.39%]
Prospekt - 0 Votes = [0.00%]
SerpitaX - 10 Votes = [32.26%]
Midnight_King - 6 Votes = [19.35%]
Total Votes: 31

Sheik
IPB Image