Speedrun Contest: Antiquity

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:38 AM

That's a good idea. Zeldawock's one of my favorite quests, actually. Do you have any suggestions for quests with lots of collectible items? Maybe a very open-world quest where we could race to find the most equipment, or something else with lots of different stuff to find? (My own quest actually springs to mind here, but I wouldn't do that one for obvious reasons.)

There's the one metroidvania made by you, but that's fairly long.

There's Freedom in Chains, which is also a good one.

Passage Through Time would also be a good one, since that's fairly non-linear and was rather filled with sidequests.

Randomizer, maybe? Might not be good for speedruns, but definitely good for racing. BS was the shortest and best, IMO.

Link and Zelda when it comes out (which I think is to be out by the end of the year?), unless everybody raced the demo from the expo (not a bad idea), mostly because there is a lot of items in it.

ToTheTop for longer races, since the floor structure gives clear progress points.

Hookshot 2 surprisingly is a good racing quest, and I actually did a reverse dungeon run once. Either the old version or the new update would work.

Hero of Dreams had a few sidequests you could do whenever, so possibly that?

I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

• Anthus and ywkls like this

#32 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:40 PM

Awesome, thanks for the list! Probably the format it would take is "Who can get the most in one hour?" or something like that, so length on them shouldn't be an issue as long as there's lots of collectibles available near the beginning.

• Anthus likes this

#33 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:59 PM

We should also put one of my Amy Rose quests in there and make it a "Who can endure the longest" challenge. (Or don't, that's a pretty terrible idea)

I'd definitely be up for races though, and that list provided could be a good start.

• Aevin likes this

#34 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

We should also put one of my Amy Rose quests in there and make it a "Who can endure the longest" challenge. (Or don't, that's a pretty terrible idea)

I actually feel like picking the staff members older, bad quests and forcing them to watch others play them and seeing how long they last before maximum overcringe could be a fun challenge. :P
  • Shane, Eddy and Joelmacool like this

#35 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

JMC

• Members

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

I actually feel like picking the staff members older, bad quests and forcing them to watch others play them and seeing how long they last before maximum overcringe could be a fun challenge. :P

I would do that.

• Shane likes this

#36 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

Any plans on reviving this series of contests? This was a really cool idea.

• Jared likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users