• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

Welcome to the official quest thread of The Legend of Amy Rose 2! This quest got fully completed on 23/11/13 and features include:

- 20 Heart Containers

- 2 Massive Overworlds

- 9 Main Dungeons

- 8 Side Dungeons

- 7 Main Characters (who are: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Cream, Amy, Shadow and Vaati)

- Custom enemies

- Plenty more rings and scrolls

- An odd and unique storyline.

- 9 somewhat action-packed Boss battles (however none are scripted)

- And plenty more!

Estimate gameplay: 10-15 hours

The estimate release date is probably later today, depending on how fast I finish my beta test run of this quest. When the quest gets released, this will be a good place to ask for help, making this a help topic. I'll try to answer any questions about where secrets are, where to go next, key locations etc.

This quest is now released! Download here: http://www.purezc.ne...e=quests&id=448

Just to say it here: PLAY THIS WITH ZC 2.5 RC3!! That should solve some problems people have been finding.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 25 November 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

*Squee*

I never really got into the first one, but the few screenshots of this one I've seen look miles ("tails") better so I think I'll have to check it out.

Edited by Moosh, 24 November 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

*Squee*

I never really got into the first one, but the few screenshots of this one I've seen look miles ("tails") better so I think I'll have to check it out.

True, I believe I've put more effort in this quest than the first one. Especially my screen design has improved a bit in dungeon design so I'm pretty proud with this quest this time round.

#4 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

I searched a bit on the forums and wiki, but couldn't find an answer. Where does the separate music go for ZC to recognize it? Would be nice to get a definitive answer for how ZC searches for these files.

Also, it's really unclear that you have to press down to advance past the opening cutscenes. More input later as I actually start playing.

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yes I agree with Lejes and I think it should advance automatically after the dialogue finished.

Also, major bug and I'm only about 2 minutes into the game:

zelda025_zpse4e68c56.png

I'm a bit worried if there would be too many gamestopping bugs in this quest :(. I mean, hopefully thats not the case and this one was just an exception. Maybe you should have had the game a bit longer in the beta testing phase. I also got a bomb but it doesn't appear in my equipment! But anyways, the story looks interesting so I'll try to get playing this further next time :D

#6 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

I've finished the first 3 levels and Farore's Palace. Great quest so far Eddy. BTW I am assuming there is a level 2 power glove cause there are some rocks in 2 places that I can't move. I'm now looking for the Northern Chaos Ruins and some meat. 

And I love the battles with Vaati. :love:

Thanks in advance,

ms_zelda_lady

Nevermind I found where I needed to go.

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 24 November 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#7 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Did you have someone proofreading the text on this? It feels like it could use a once-over.

Spoiler

uzZnkfg.png

VAATI CANNOT STAND UP TO MY FACE SWORD

EJdaTsM.png

Really want what's in that chest. Just gonna throw myself on top of it, if you don't mind.

So, I beat the first dungeon. Is the post dungeon fight impossible if you run out of arrows? I didn't care to experiment.

(and what happens if you F6 -> Continue there...)

First dungeon was a little drab, and the path leading up to it was really awful. Plowing through that many Armos is tedious. I think the spike traps may have been impossible to dodge on the return trip through one of the rooms, too. I like how 5 arrow drops are plentiful, though. Too many other quests are really stingy with them. I also had the bomb issue Avataro had. Which was mysteriously fixed when a blue Octorok dropped a three bomb thing. The sound effects are really quiet, too. I know you can adjust the music volume in ZC, but still.

Edited by Lejes, 24 November 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#8 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

I am stuck in level 4. I got 2 treasures so far but I can only move 1 blue block so I can't go thru the left door on floor 1 even though I have a key. That's the same problem I had on the overworld. I can't get to a shop or the Eastern part of the map because of it. Sending you a pm about something else.

#9 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

There's a third treasure. I think it's on the upper floor? It should help with those blue blocks.

"Plateu"

lZ4b4lk.png
Where's Amy? No one knows.

It seems like this is happening a lot with tiles all over the quest. Level 4 was more visually interesting than what came before, but maybe that's just because I have a soft spot for ice levels.

9B5tPAQ.png

Am I supposed to be able to get this heart piece without flippers? I didn't have flippers. Got another one guarded by spikes in a similar fashion.

#10 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

9B5tPAQ.png

Am I supposed to be able to get this heart piece without flippers? I didn't have flippers. Got another one guarded by spikes in a similar fashion.

If you can master jumping skills, then you can get that even without flippers, which I see you already did.

And uh... yeah I kinda need to look over some of the text again >_<

Well quest updated, fixed story typos and the game breaking bug as well as redesigning the Ancient Grounds to make it less tedious, long and timewasting. In other words, the Anicent Grounds does not have a huge Armos maze anymore.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 25 November 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#11 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

Thanks Lejes and Eddy.  I got what I was missing.

#12 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

TLsw8ON.png

GLUB GLUB IT BURNS GLUB GLUB (Plateu)

lxMlnWu.png

Somehow I think this wasn't intentional.

More general question: what kind of vibe or feeling were you going for with this? The writing feels pretty distant from any real Sonic game, which is too bad. The Dreamcast and Gamecube (and even a little bit into PS3/XBox 360) era games especially were hilarious in their awfulness. The whole trying too hard to be cool aesthetic is a gold mine.

While doing dungeon 6, I got up to see who was at the door, like, 30 times.

EDIT

nkVS6Ae.png

Game ending bug.

Edited by Lejes, 25 November 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#13 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

It's a great quest Eddy but I give up. All I've done today is try to make that jump with the feather in level 4 and I can't do it. I keep ending up in the basement and it's just too frustrating. . :tard: 

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Ok, looks like some more things I gotta fix >_<

Seriously, how the hell did I manage to look over all this stuff?

And ms_zelda_lady, sent you a PM of where to go.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 26 November 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#15 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

It takes a great staff to truly design a decent job. If a quest designer builds a quest through his talents alone, even if you did happen to catch all the bugs, your quest suffers from being isolated and unconnected.

I never played this quest because I did get the feeling it was released rather too soon, but now that it's released, I'd recommend exerting that extra effort into damage control (such as fixing bugs, addressing gamer complaints). But also, give players some time to see what they really feel about this quest.

So, yes, while damage has been done by releasing your quest too soon without fully testing it, you can, with the right amount of damage control make this quest very successful. But I still probably won't play it at this time as I am focused on Promised Lands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users