Wanted: Testers for 2.54

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

I think it's just called light arrow ingame. If Russ says its reflected magic that should be the case.

This is going to be one where I will need to see the scripts generating it, to see exactly what they do, as only arrows, boomerangs, and hookshots were modified. No other weapon types were touched, at all. Certainly no eweapons.

I just finished some interface improvements, a compatibility export option, and some other bugfixes. If all of this passes inspection, there will be a new build soon.

The interface improvement relates to the file select loader. Prior to this, when you loaded a quest, and hit enter, the dialogue that you were given had focus on the 'Load' button, after selecting the file, rather than the 'OK' button. This meant that pressing enter, returned you tot he file lister.

Now, after selecting a file, the focus is on the 'OK; button, so selecting a file, and hitting enter twice, does load it.

I added an export option int he menus, under Quest->Export->2.50.x Quest:

This is a safety net, as one user accidentally opened his only copy of a quest in 2,54, saved it, and didn't know that it would no longer open in 2.50.x, thereafter.

Using this option strips out all of the 2.54 stuff, but ovbiously, if you used any of that, you will need to modify the quest/scripts. It allows loading the quest in ZQuest 2.50.x, and it outputs the file as a .qsu.

Fixes are to Link's hitbox variables. These need extensive testing. I also changed their behaviour to work if extend is >= 1, rather than >= 3, so that using them with 16x32 and 32x32 Link does in fact, work.

Figuring out the bug with Yuurei, while not a low priority, may not happen quickly. I'd need to see what happens, and see the scripts, to work it out. Checking for script errors in allegro.log when it occurs, is a good idea.

This is the present beta 52 build (internal), should any of you wish to shift to it.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 12 January 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#32 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:44 PM

Regading the light arrow, i think Avataro is right, is called light arrow but is not an arrow, is one of the first weapon/item/magic ( i really don't know is true nature ) you found in the game.

I'm sorry but i forgot to tell you a thing the last time, i get a hit by the Lv2 light Arrow too, i test all the lv2 weapons and only the light Arrow hurt me, all the others are OK.

In the meantime i will test some other quest, my next goal is test 2 quest of 2.10, i was thinking to Link to Cestria and.. Zelda's butt, ( no i'm not a perv. is the name of a nice 2.10 quest that was one of the top ranking for long time! ) are you agree ?​

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 12 January 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#33 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:25 PM

Regading the light arrow, i think Avataro is right, is called light arrow but is not an arrow, is one of the first weapon/item/magic ( i really don't know is true nature ) you found in the game.

I'm sorry but i forgot to tell you a thing the last time, i get a hit by the Lv2 light Arrow too, i test all the lv2 weapons and only the light Arrow hurt me, all the others are OK.

In the meantime i will test some other quest, my next goal is test 2 quest of 2.10, i was thinking to Link to Cestria and.. Zelda's butt, ( no i'm not a perv. is the name of a nice 2.10 quest that was one of the top ranking for long time! ) are you agree ?​

Please recheck the light arrows in Yuurei with http://timelord.inso...c-Late.zip]this.

THose other quests sound fine.

#34 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:02 PM

the link don't work, you moved it ?

#35 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

the link don't work, you moved it ?

http://timelord.inso...Public-Late.zip

#36 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

thanks for the updated link, today was a bit hard and  so i had few time for tests, here a very short report  :

Yuurei : good news, the light arrow and light arrow lv2 are both OK ! the bug is gone!

Zelda's Butt  and Link to Cestria : for now, i can say only that both quests open, save and load whitout crash.

#37 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:21 AM

thanks for the updated link, today was a bit hard and  so i had few time for tests, here a very short report  :

Yuurei : good news, the light arrow and light arrow lv2 are both OK ! the bug is gone!

Zelda's Butt  and Link to Cestria : for now, i can say only that both quests open, save and load whitout crash.

Thank goodness. Good work, and thank you for these critical reports.

#38 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

Thank goodness. Good work, and thank you for these critical reports.

you welcome, and here the latest report :

Yuurei : i cannot (yet) swear that there no other bugs if you play this quest whit 2.54 , you see.. there more than 12 characters in the game so fo be 100% sure ALL is OK i need to play it all more than a dozen of time, i love this quest  but i want test  ( and play ) even few other quests and retry this later.

Maybe if 1-2 tester will try it too we may divide the number of characters to test.....let me know you advice.

Zelda's Butt - i'm in the Lv5, and until now i  found 2 bugs :

1 - the bait... when i use the bait it have the sprite of a wood sword! even if is funny see a monster try to eat a swod as a nice piece of meat, is a bug.

I give the bait to a guy and it work well.

2 - the blue candle...if i use it more than 1 time in a room, for a moment the sprite of the flame appear, but is harmless for me and for the foes, i call it the  "fake flame".

i try the fake flame  on a tree for burn it and it don't burn, so it don't trigger the flag.

If the candle is used in the correct way, it burn the trees.

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 14 January 2017 - 04:08 PM.

#39 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

you welcome, and here the latest report :

Yuurei : i cannot (yet) swear that there no other bugs if you play this quest whit 2.54 , you see.. there more than 12 characters in the game so fo be 100% sure ALL is OK i need to play it all more than a dozen of time, i love this quest  but i want test  ( and play ) even few other quests and retry this later.
Maybe if 1-2 tester will try it too we may divide the number of characters to test.....let me know you advice.

Zelda's Butt - i'm in the Lv5, and until now i  found 2 bugs :
1 - the bait... when i use the bait it have the sprite of a wood sword! even if is funny see a monster try to eat a swod as a nice piece of meat, is a bug.
I give the bait to a guy and it work well.
2 - the blue candle...if i use it more than 1 time in a room, for a moment the sprite of the flame appear, but is harmless for me and for the foes, i call it the  "fake flame".
i try the fake flame  on a tree for burn it and it don't burn, so it don't trigger the flag.
If the candle is used in the correct way, it burn the trees.

Seems to be an issue affecting 2.10 quests... Do any other 2.10 quests have the same problem?

Please also check for this problem in this build to see if it stems from 2.50.3.

#40 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

Seems to be an issue affecting 2.10 quests... Do any other 2.10 quests have the same problem?

Please also check for this problem in this build to see if it stems from 2.50.3.

I try and Both blue candle and bait are OK in 2.50.3 :)

For answer to your question, i still need to make progress in the other quest, i will let you know once possible, if i will found bugs like this i will try in 2.50.3 too before reporting.  

#41 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:18 PM

I try and Both blue candle and bait are OK in 2.50.3 :)
For answer to your question, i still need to make progress in the other quest, i will let you know once possible, if i will found bugs like this i will try in 2.50.3 too before reporting.

Did you try the specific 2.50.3 build in the link in my post? It's pretty important for this one.

---------

2.54 Beta 52 (Semi-Final)

Change Log for Beta 52

Spoiler

#42 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

yes, i used the one of your post of 15 jan 2017, I found another bug in 2.54  the magic wand shot the sprite of a wood sword, but it work well whit the  2.50.3 so you resolved  this in advance.

Unfortunately i got the flu, so i'm a bit confused, i'm lost in the last dungeon and i cannot understand if i'm making errors or if a riddle whit reflect magic have somthing wrong, but i must still try it in  2.54 beta ( semi final ) 'cause the flu i don't look this tread untill now.

Is better that for today i quit, i will continue whit testing at latest the day after Tomorrow..sorry

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 18 January 2017 - 04:38 PM.

#43 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

yes, i used the one of your post of 15 jan 2017, I found another bug in 2.54  the magic wand shot the sprite of a wood sword, but it work well whit the  2.50.3 so you resolved  this in advance.

Unfortunately i got the flu, so i'm a bit confused, i'm lost in the last dungeon and i cannot understand if i'm making errors or if a riddle whit reflect magic have somthing wrong, but i must still try it in  2.54 beta ( semi final ) 'cause the flu i don't look this tread untill now.

Is better that for today i quit, i will continue whit testing at latest the day after Tomorrow..sorry

I think you misunderstand. If something is a bug in 2.54, but not a bug in 2.50.3, then it is an issue with what we have done. if it also exists in 2.50.3, then it is a carryover bug from that.

I do need to make sure that when you check for bugs in 2.50.3, that you use the specific version on the insomnia.nl server, as that also helps me to identify some compiler and library concerns.

What quest had that issue with the sword sprite?

I think that I know what is causing this, so I'll have a look and try to correct it.

---

Latest toy, text-parsing:

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 18 January 2017 - 09:02 PM.

#44 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

I think you misunderstand. If something is a bug in 2.54, but not a bug in 2.50.3, then it is an issue with what we have done. if it also exists in 2.50.3, then it is a carryover bug from that.

I do need to make sure that when you check for bugs in 2.50.3, that you use the specific version on the insomnia.nl server, as that also helps me to identify some compiler and library concerns.

What quest had that issue with the sword sprite?

I think that I know what is causing this, so I'll have a look and try to correct it.

---

Latest toy, text-parsing:

OK, i get it now, we may delete from the list the bug of the the magic wand that shot the sprite of a wood sword, this is not more present in the 2.54, i'm using  beta 52 semi-final, this bug  was in Zelda's Butt

As for 2.50.3, i confirm that i used the specific version on the insomnia.nl server.

Here the list of the bug i found ( including updates of today ) and that are still to be resolved

Zelda's Butt :

1 - the bait leave the sprite of the wood sword on the ground - now the bug is present only in 2.54

2 - the blue candle, if used more than 1 time in the same room, a sprite of the flame appaer for a moment, look the detail in the previous reports - actually this bug is present only in 2.54

3 - this is the more bad, and is present in both 2.54 and 2.50.3 :  i cannot resolve a riddle and this don't let me to clear the game ! the fact is that i need to hit a Crystal whit reflected magic,but even if i hit it, the secret don't trigger. I found this video in youtube that show the riddle and how resolve it, please look between 3:20 and 3:25 : https://www.youtube....K1euFJW0hPbQfdp

​Link to Cestria : the same bug of the blue candle found in Z'sB is present even in this quest, i still need to found the bait for check if it is allright

For now is eveything, i hope this is not confusing, since my goal here is to be useful​

#45 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

OK, i get it now, we may delete from the list the bug of the the magic wand that shot the sprite of a wood sword, this is not more present in the 2.54, i'm using  beta 52 semi-final, this bug  was in Zelda's Butt

As for 2.50.3, i confirm that i used the specific version on the insomnia.nl server.

Here the list of the bug i found ( including updates of today ) and that are still to be resolved

Zelda's Butt :

1 - the bait leave the sprite of the wood sword on the ground - now the bug is present only in 2.54

2 - the blue candle, if used more than 1 time in the same room, a sprite of the flame appaer for a moment, look the detail in the previous reports - actually this bug is present only in 2.54

3 - this is the more bad, and is present in both 2.54 and 2.50.3 :  i cannot resolve a riddle and this don't let me to clear the game ! the fact is that i need to hit a Crystal whit reflected magic,but even if i hit it, the secret don't trigger. I found this video in youtube that show the riddle and how resolve it, please look between 3:20 and 3:25 : https://www.youtube....K1euFJW0hPbQfdp

​Link to Cestria : the same bug of the blue candle found in Z'sB is present even in this quest, i still need to found the bait for check if it is allright

For now is eveything, i hope this is not confusing, since my goal here is to be useful​

Please let me know if this build fixes the issue with the bait item. I have not addressed the other two bugs in your report. The bug in the video, I will need to forward to AGN.

You may also open bug report tickets, individually for these over there on the bug forums, if you wish. (Anything that is also in 2.50.3 needs a bug report on AGN.)

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 20 January 2017 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users