ZScript Discord Server

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

Ahoy! Me and a few others discussed that there wasn't a ZScript Discord server (to our knowledge), so we decided to make one.

Link: https://discord.gg/5yCsV5U

Rules are to just use common sense. Don't be overly rude, don't be disruptive, etc etc.

Everyone, of course, is welcome to join. Finally, we have a script request channel.

• Shane, Eddy, Avaro and 1 other like this

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

Seems a bit redundant, as most of the scripting userbase is already in the Skype group, but I suppose there is nothing wrong with a public group on Discord.

I would make 'No script begging.' a rule, as otherwise, you are more likely to attract the non-scripting userbase to your chat, than the actual scripters, who do not need to be pestered in Yet-Another-Way.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 03 July 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

Seems a bit redundant

Not really. Discord is a pretty popular (and more importantly, functional) chat program and a lot of PureZC's activity takes place in there. This also is a much more public scripting group with a bigger and more broad target audience in mind. :)

I would make 'No script begging.' a rule, as otherwise, you are more likely to attract the non-scripting userbase to your chat, than the actual scripters, who do not need to be pestered in Yet-Another-Way.

There's a script request channel in the server but TheBlueTophat made sure to remind people to be patient. There's absolutely nothing wrong with non-scripting users to join and discuss and suggest scripting ideas. But we've already gotten more scripters than non-scripters in there already so I imagine non-scripters will be in the minority.

• Eddy and coolgamer012345 like this

#4 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

Seems a bit redundant, as most of the scripting userbase is already in the Skype group, but I suppose there is nothing wrong with a public group on Discord.

Skype is irrelevant. This just opens a scripting group to more people. :P

• Shane, Eddy and coolgamer012345 like this

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:16 AM

Probably won't make much use of it right now since I'm hopeless with scripting, but it could be a nice place for me to request scripts if needed I guess (and don't worry, I won't beg lol). I imagine in September or so this could be pretty useful for me since I might try to look into scripting around that time.

But yeah, this seems like a nice idea to have a public scripting group, I approve :P

• Shane likes this

#6 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

It's a good idea. I'll probably join and lurk. The discussions are interesting to follow if nothing else.

• Shane likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users