The Neverending Fantasy - Anniversary Edition

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

This is a quest that's rather dear to me. I remember having a grand time playing it when I was still very new to ZC and it was still called Oracle of Secrets. Simple as it was, it impacted me as a questmaker when I was working on LQftH and so I jumped at the opportunity to give back to it when I heard KenMeister was updating it to 2.5. The quest has a new final boss, new cutscenes, and a new minigame as well as some graphical updates, story changes, and other tweaks by KenMeister. There's even some stuff he added after the quest file left my hands, so it'll be a surprise for me too. I hope even those of you that played the original can revisit this quest and get a whole new experience out of it.

Be sure to post here if you find any bugs we missed or get stuck. Happy questing! :D

• Eddy, GamingNomad, Joelmacool and 3 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

Oh nice! I never had a chance to beta test the anniversary edition, but I'll be sure to play this through an LP soon enough. Be sure to look out for one of those :P

• GamingNomad, Moosh and SyrianBallaS like this

#3 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:06 PM

You guys will be amazed with the changes

#4 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:49 PM

I remember playing this quest a while back.  Liked it then and now.    Ok beat level 2 but can't find the ladder to get into Thieves Island.

• SyrianBallaS likes this

#5 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

You will find it, that stumped me too. Use the spacebar map to check places you've never been in, look for suspicious places!

When you find it, you'll be saying "Why did I overthink this?"

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 07 June 2015 - 01:55 PM.

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

Is anyone hearing a faint popping sound at the end of all the sound effects? TeamUDF reported this problem and I can hear it too, but even after reimporting all the sound effects, it's still there. No clue what caused it and why it's only with this quest. Maybe I'm being punished for my hubris...

#7 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

Is anyone hearing a faint popping sound at the end of all the sound effects? TeamUDF reported this problem and I can hear it too, but even after reimporting all the sound effects, it's still there. No clue what caused it and why it's only with this quest. Maybe I'm being punished for my hubris...

That's odd, I never noticed this, even when doing my final test playthrough. :/

Edited by KenMeister, 12 June 2015 - 02:24 PM.

#8 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:15 PM

Upgrading your ZC fixes that. It's a fix in 2.50.1.

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:17 PM

Upgrading your ZC fixes that. It's a fix in 2.50.1.

Is this when saving in 2.5.1 or only when playing? Team reported having the problem when playing in 2.5.1. And my other quests made in plain 2.5.0 don't have this problem.

#10 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

Is this when saving in 2.5.1 or only when playing? Team reported having the problem when playing in 2.5.1. And my other quests made in plain 2.5.0 don't have this problem.

It's fixed when importing the sound effect in 2.5.1. :)

#11 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

You will find it, that stumped me too. Use the spacebar map to check places you've never been in, look for suspicious places!

When you find it, you'll be saying "Why did I overthink this?"

I've researched but still can't find ladder. Need hammer for other areas.  What area?

#12 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

I've researched but still can't find ladder. Need hammer for other areas.  What area?

go to the cave right of Fiend's Island. You'll need the White Sword from King's Island.

#13 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:31 PM

It's fixed when importing the sound effect in 2.5.1. :)

I just tested reimporting the SFX in 2.5.1 and it did nothing. :(

#14 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:36 PM

I just tested reimporting the SFX in 2.5.1 and it did nothing. :(

Were the sound issues around the last time you had the file, which was when you finished the last part of the mini game? I wonder if it's a Mediafire thing or because I put the sfx folder in with the OST. I'd try sending it to Team via Skype and see if it fixes the issue. Anyone else having this issue, what about you, sctmorgan?

#15 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

Were the sound issues around the last time you had the file, which was when you finished the last part of the mini game? I wonder if it's a Mediafire thing or because I put the sfx folder in with the OST. I'd try sending it to Team via Skype and see if it fixes the issue. Anyone else having this issue, what about you, sctmorgan?

The SFX and scripts are stored in the quest. You don't need to package either with the music. And yeah, I never heard the popping before today. Everything always goes horribly wrong on release day I suppose. But this one seems to be on ZC, not on me.

• GamingNomad likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users