• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#1 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

Here is the original rules thread: http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=61966

(I hope it's alright to create a second thread, I thought it would be cleaner to announce the titles on a thread's first page, and would also better remind all contestants that the contest has started)

This probably goes without saying, but just to be clear, your submissions will not be automatically uploaded to the database, links will be posted here. Once the contest is over, it is of course up to the author if he wants to submit his quest to the database, with or without extra polish, or if he just wants to make it a contest-only quest. So even if you feel you didn't come up with something very good, don't be shy about posting it, you won't be forced to officially submit it and collect a bunch of bad ratings if you're afraid of that :P I think we all want to see as many quests as possible here.

If you were late to the party but still want to sign up, just say so, and I'll generate titles for you as well. The deadline will be the same as everybody else's though.

Titles were generated, sorted into categories, and then randomly assigned as follows:

Goriya: Save Yourself from the Chess Kingdom / Killer Frog - The Gathering Storm / Infinite Snowboard Zone

Coolgamer012345: Claustrophobic Submarine Horror / Mario's Ninja Mission / Enraged Tetris

Russ: Alien Spelunking Terror / Mario's Castlevania Spectacular / All-Night Fishing Operation

Anikom15: Renegade Yeti Mansion / Indiana Jones and the Spelling Commando / Scooby Doo and the Baseball of the Blood God

Jetbox: The Hunt For the Pirate Fortress / Radioactive Sumo Warfare / Tom Clancy's Pony Adventure

Zecora: The Castle of Puzzle Girl / Savage Ice Cream Colosseum / Amazing Racing On The Road

Charizard: The Castle of the Hammer of Magic / The Care Bears' Combat - Total War / The Last Go-Kart Racer

Demonlink: Ancient Spider in the Hood / Nihilistic Hobo City / Dirty Paintball in Vegas

FnrrfYgmSchnish: Underground Lightning Palace / Depressing Weight Loss in the Hood / Frankenstein's Robot Fighter

Avataro: Deranged Mountain Climber Temple / Pixellated Architecture Dungeon / Satan's Tricycle Derby

Jaghnus: Legend of the Unicorn Assassins / In Search of the Pinball Lord / Fabulous Bubble at the Olympics

EddyTheOliveira: Unpleasant Werewolf Park / Psychedelic Pony Gone Wild / Phoenix Wright: Baking Tycoon

Moosh: Colonial Graveyard of the Blood God / In the Lost Kingdom of Banana Posse / Mega Man’s Rodeo Simulator

SpacemanDan: Curse of the Worm Machine / Blocky Sailboat of Mystery / Stupendous Bowling in the Desert

Fuzzyman: Explosive Robot Nightmare / Go Go Squirrel Apocalypse / Legend of the Golf - Limited Edition

Lejes: Relentless Fire on the High Seas / Go Go Puppy of the Damned / Killer Frisbee Anarchy

Geoffrey: Ultraviolent Mummy Reloaded / Save Yourself from the Toon For Kids / Ninja Llama Crime Scene Investigation

Twilight_Knight: Deranged Goblin Epidemic / Horrifying Rabbit of Mystery / Nihilistic Surf of Doom

Gouanaco: Hazardous Dog Country / Big-Time Mushroom of the Damned / Urban Jetpack Punishment

Astromeow: Subatomic Worm Fight / Psycho Blade Gone Wild / Cyborg Train Island

So, you know what to do: pick one of your three tiles and make a quest with it.

Until the end of February 23, you can do anything except actual screen design: you can plan your quest, import/create graphics, write scripts, etc. but no screen design. After that date, you then have two weeks to finish your quest and PM a link to me. The deadline to submit your entry is the end of March 9.

We will be voting on:

- Best quest

- Funniest quest

- Most original quest

- Quest that did the most with an unlikely title

- Quest that fits its title the most

(possibly more if you have other ideas)

Good luck!

Here are the submitted entries:

Phoenix Wright: Baking Tycoon by EddyTheOliveira: http://www.mediafire...king Tycoon.zip

Note from Jamian: The game regularly requires you to hold down the "down" button to leave cutscenes. If your game appears to have frozen, that's probably what you need to do to continue.

Pixellated Architecture Dungeon by Avataro: https://www.mediafir...m5xd2zy7j2a1qv1

In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God by Moosh & Russ: http://www.mediafire...a/ItLKotBBG.zip

Killer Frisbee Anarchy by Lejes: http://www.mediafire...bee_Anarchy.qst

Deranged Goblin Epidemic by Twilight_Knight: http://www.twccgamin.../quests/DGE.zip

Description: In Deranged Goblin Epidemic you play as Dink, a hermit who lives in a tree in Aldon Village. Dink likes adventuring, as it is his favorite past-time. Delgaro Fields have been full of monsters lately and the outskirts called the Shadelands have been taken over by evil Goblins. Could Dink, an unlikely hero, find all items he will need to stop the goblin epidemic, or will he fail? It's up to you. Just remember that all NPCs can talk, but to do so you need to use the Y button (on your keyboard default "A").

Save Yourself from the Toon, for Kids! by Geoffrey: https://www.dropbox..../SaveYoself.qst

Subatomic Blade Gone Wild by Astromeow: https://www.mediafir...78x2fneavj1xj2j

Description: Pew, boom, kabang. Rose slap across the face. It's on.

Edited by Jamian, 12 March 2014 - 08:17 AM.

• Avaro and Jared like this

#2 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Some of these titles... Are seriously... Dafuq. Like just... Dafuq. Why? "Legend of the Unicorn Assassins"? Dat hurts mah brain. D:

#3 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

Goriya

Save Yourself from the Chess Kingdom
Killer Frog - The Gathering Storm
Infinite Snowboard Zone

Oh god, these are all good. Save Yourself from the Chess Kingdom is probably the one I can best work with though.

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

Cool. :) Nice titles. I hope to see some racing games being done xD

#5 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Good luck to everyone that is participating! I definitely look forward to what you guys are going to create! :D

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

EddyTheOliveira

Unpleasant Werewolf Park
Psychedelic Pony Gone Wild
Phoenix Wright: Baking Tycoon

I think I can make something around this...

I don't know if I should be screaming right now...

I can't think of any cases involving baking...

So, I know which one I'm choosing, time for le planning. And since I'll be away to Switzerland, I got all the time to plan out there (depends if Pokemon X doesn't distract me)

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

*Looks at Avataro's list*

Satan's Tricycle Derby.

Well folks, if he pulls this off, I think we have a clear winner here.

But wow, all these entries are great. I didn't get very good funny ones, but Alien Spelunking Terror is definitely something I can work with. Time for the planning phase.

• SpikeReynolds likes this

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Satan's Tricycle Derby.

I can't imagine how this would turn up as...

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Would it be okay to combine two of mine? I kinda wanna make In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God...

• Russ likes this

#10 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, I suppose it's ok :)

#11 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Bowling, snowboard, bananas, racing...

Epic, I'll be waiting for the results of this contest. Good luck guys...  :tard:

#12 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

I'm torn b/n all my choices. AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGHGHGHGNLIEEGHAAGHUGH

#13 FnrrfYgmSchnish

FnrrfYgmSchnish

Junior

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Underground Lightning Palace

Depressing Weight Loss in the Hood
Frankenstein's Robot Fighter

Hmm... the first one's a little bland (sounds like it could basically be a single dungeon in a normal quest), but I think I can probably do something with either of the other two. XD

#14 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Hmm... the first one's a little bland (sounds like it could basically be a single dungeon in a normal quest), but I think I can probably do something with either of the other two. XD

Huh? Can't you make an entire game take place in one Palace without making it like "a single dungeon in a normal quest"? ;D

#15 FnrrfYgmSchnish

FnrrfYgmSchnish

Junior

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

I probably could, yeah... but I entered this in hopes of getting something really silly to make a quest about rather than something relatively normal-sounding, so of course I'm going to lean toward the sillier options.

I mean, "Underground Lightning Palace" could turn out to be a silly game too (it's an underground palace inhabited by living "Power Rangers logo"-style yellow lightning bolts!), but there's nothing that inherently silly about the title itself, at least compared to the other two.

• Avaro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users