• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#31 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE(aaa2 @ Dec 21 2012, 02:07 PM) View Post
Will the rewrite be open source? Or will it still depend too much on Phantom Menace for that to be possible? If it is open source will rogues like me be allowed to submit contributions? Questions upon questions. If its open source i hope its object oriented with this paradigm very heavily used and also C++ also i hope you will use plain ol' SDL for it since its very cross-compatible relatively bug-free and easy to code once you wrote your own wrappers. Probably a tiny bit harder but nice also with the right wrappers is OpenGL, probably IF you did your job right also slightly faster than SDL.

It will be open source, and anyone will be able to contribute. Beyond that, I don't think anything's been decided yet. C++ is almost a certainty, though.

QUOTE(Moosh @ Dec 21 2012, 02:21 PM) View Post
D'oh! Knew I forgot something! Where's the link for 2.5 source version? Did that get scrapped?

It's not available yet. I don't know how long it'll be, but we'll be sure to announce it.

#32 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Nice to have it finally done, But I still can't run it Full-screen On windows 8. It still flash's like crazy icon_neutral.gif
Oh well Its still works on windowed mode icon_razz.gif

#33 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Now time to get to work Shoelace!

#34 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Oh damn, I just noticed this thread. This is awesome news! Congrats, devs! Damn, I still remember the 2.11 betas that were around when I first joined PureZC, and now it's out... Wow, I feel nostalgic all the sudden. >.<

#35 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 21 2012, 01:32 PM) View Post

It will be open source, and anyone will be able to contribute. Beyond that, I don't think anything's been decided yet. C++ is almost a certainty, though.
It's not available yet. I don't know how long it'll be, but we'll be sure to announce it.

Very cool hope to be able to contribute then icon_biggrin.gif. Just hope there will be a good control system to get rid of garbage contributions that introduce more errors.

#36 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

#37 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'd like to give a huge thank you to all the developers, over the entire history of Zelda Classic. Without you, this community wouldn't even exist, and I think all our lives would be a little bit more boring that what they currently are. Thank you guys.

#38 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

2.50 is finally released. Best Doomsday present ever!

No really, thank you Zelda Classic developers for all your hard efforts!

#39 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thank you so much, developers, for your hard work and determination. It's been over six years since the first builds for this version came out, and even though the team evolved over time, it made consistent progress the whole way through. 2.50 is without a doubt the most ambitious leap in program capability that Zelda Classic has seen. So, thank you again, and congratulations. I hope to see some fantastic new quests now that we have a version we can trust! icon_biggrin.gif

#40 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Thank you very much, developers! You've enabled many to have a chance to realize their dreams in the world of game creation. So again, thank you for the hard work you all put into this. It's definitely much appreciated. icon_smile.gif

#41 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

True story: The last release date we were shooting for was April 1st, which would have been hilarious. icon_smile.gif

#42 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

You finally release it, and I am literally dead.

#43 bobby_light

bobby_light

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 21 2012, 02:32 PM) View Post

Will the 2.50 source be released in some form? Or will be looking at a repository purely with code for the rewrite? Existing source, messy as it may be, would be useful to folks looking to build tools. I'm particularly interested in the .zgp and .qst file formats. It could be kept in a second repository that's used for the maintenance releases to 2.5.

#44 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Oh, so I missed the part about how the source code is going to be released. I know that Phantom Menace didn't want the source code available, for whatever reasons. Did that change, or did the developers basically say "Fuck it, it's so different than it was ten years ago that it doesn't even matter anymore"?

Edited by Beta Link, 21 December 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#45 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

I just wanted to thank the developers for working hard on this project. An enormous thank you, that is. You guys have done a lot with Zelda Classic over the years and I'm largely impressed by it.

Thank you, again, and happy holidays!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users