Photo

Three Week Quest Contest

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#1 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:14 AM

Here's an official Discusion thread. The old one was more of a yes or no.

Rules

I. Any tileset is permitted to your desire
II. Reason with the size, but, there is no limits.
III. There will be a grading system, and the public can vote on the score
IV. Please use Versions 2.10 or 2.5, For 2.5 any build will do.
V. Please refrain from Zscript, due to 2.10 users, it would not be fair, or the uneducated on Scripts...such as me. Although you can, its best not to. Scripts are allowed.
VI. All submissions are due December 14, Any time of day. Please PM me with the quest.

Tips

Point System- This how a quest will be graded. Out of 100 bieng the most you can score and 0 bieng the lowest, the public will say what the quest deserves. Example, If you use New DoR, as to using MMDWR tileset, you would get more points to start by using the less popular tilesets. But If you surpass with using detail in DoR, you will get points. The point system will be set up as a poll, and from 1 - 10 representing 1-10, 2 = 20 ect. Note, you can be deducted points. If I face 1000 Death Darknut Knights at the begining with only a woodedn sword, your loosing alot. If you do, I better have Five star equipment.

Be beyond original. use custom, stuff, tricks, and never done ZC areas. I am tired of saving that retarded half imbreed princess zelda and collecting triangles. How about venturing an over world and mini areas, Like FF or Fire Emblem styled adventure.

One of my rules ( II ) I must explain. There is no true limits. You could have one screen, but it damn well better have MAJOR contributes. And I dont want to explore too much. And you dont have to have any buildings, yet It would be better to have some.

I will be having sign-ups until next sunday. You can sign up whenever, but I encourage you to before next sunday. After that, you can start building. Then, By December 14th, Submissions are due. I will prepare for ratings and then, post the quests, and then the final winner will be announced. Say so now, if you'd like to participate.

Quest Participants.

I. Lord Ike
II. createrofchaos
III. BillyRonald
IV. Russ
V. Molten Onyx
VI. T. Platinum
VII. drzchulo973
VIII. Blaman
IX. Lithium
X. SerpitaX
XI. Taco Chopper
XII. jimmyb

Edited by Lord Ike, 23 November 2008 - 09:10 PM.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:04 AM

So, will we be using this thread to discuss how our quests are coming?

Because mine's going perfectly. I got the tiles to rip into Zquest. I prepared myself for hours of ripping and recoloring to find that they ripped in perfectly. The formed a perfect 16x16 grid, they didn't need to be recolored or anything. So I'm about ready to start work.

And rest assured, it will be unique. It will be completely ripped graphics (with DoR palettes, since I don't have time to make new ones) and as nothing to do with Zelda. It will be a fun, Christmas mini-quest.

#3 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:00 AM

!!!! So thats why you needed the palette. Well, yes, this is a discussion...howz it goin'....

Me? Using DoR.... Gonna be a winter themed quest....

#4 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:42 AM

I think I'll take a shot at this, but I can't say I'll actually be able to finish... Can we start right away, or do we have to wait until saturday?

Edited by blaman, 18 November 2008 - 11:43 AM.

#5 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

....You could start now......but, that would ruin the idea of "three Week" though, if you feel you are ready, then go ahead.

#6 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

I can wait, I was just curious more than anything.

#7 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

...Alright you can start. So....whats the quest about?

#8 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

OK I'm started that shot of mine in sotw is part of it

Anyway The title is LoB: Chritmas in Hyrule.

(want to know more about LoB please refer to this topic (but don't post))
It was an old quest of mine that was ment to be finshed by 2007 (it got canncled) and i've tryeed to redo it

Well It's being total rewritten dsigened driffent bascily it will be a toal change from normal LoB

Anyway the story is planed out still needs written
Area disgine Started
Area Planing done
Music Choices Done

Story Thought out (still needs written)

And the tileset is the newest pure set

Anyway I'm off got a perlim trmowe and I need to study

#9 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:37 PM

I wish I could participate too, but I'm simply to busy... I can't take any more projects to work on, even if I only have to spend three weeks on it.

Sorry, I would have participated though, I love these kind of contests, takes the max out of questbuilders.

#10 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Lord Ike @ Nov 18 2008, 05:10 PM) View Post

...Alright you can start. So....whats the quest about?

I don't even know yet. O_o I still have to think about it. I was asking more out of curiousity, as I said. I just wanted to know if the three-week mark had already started. 'Tis all. Sorry for the confusion. >_<

Edited by blaman, 18 November 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#11 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:39 PM

Hm.........
I am trying to make a full winter quest. The whole 16x8 overworld has a theme of winter, to a degree. There will be no true zelda story, in fact I want this to be diffrent. ( Thats how I make all my quests ) So, get ready for some unique gameplay. ( In some weeks to come. )

#12 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:29 PM

Too much winter for my tastes icon_shiver.gif ...
I'm going to make something somewhat historical-nothing with Zelda in it. Those who remember what happened in 1989 or who studied European History will know what it's about...
I'm going to use Petoe's MegamanDRW tileset for this, 'cause it has lotsa futuristic tiles.

#13 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

Sorry if I spoil it...but,

1989- Fall of Communism
1989- Berlin wall goes buh bye

Did I get it?

Edited by Lord Ike, 18 November 2008 - 07:41 PM.

#14 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

Kinda. But with different technology. You decide.

EDIT: You have to remember that parts of the Berlin Wall still exist, and that Communism is still in China, so yeah...

Edited by T. Platinum, 18 November 2008 - 07:43 PM.

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:00 PM

I'll drop two little hints about what I'm working on.

The main characters are two brothers.
And no, it has nothing to do with Mother 3 or the brothers from that game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users