Photo

Screenshot of the Week 419

Jared Fireblast124 JJ83 demonlink14 Shane Hoff123 Franky

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 419 (39 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

Fireblast124
Fireblast124.png
Boring title screen is boring. Graphics are 100% custom (the clouds are weird, but whatever). Yes, even those black tiles.

JJ83
JJ83.png
The Magma Temple...in all it's fiery beauty.

demonlink14
demonlink14.png
Originally for Screenshot: Challenge Accepted, but it's taking so long...

Jared
Jared.png

Shane
Shane.png

Hoff123
Hoff123.png
Thank you, weird fairy!

Franky
Franky.png
Must find a way to that switch blocked by the key door, if I want to continue!

#2 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

It's all Shane's fault that I voted for him!

#3 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

It was a one for me. I liked the classic feel of JJ83, but I also liked the feel to demonlink. I would give a tie, but I gave demonlink the win. Both are great though.

#4 SubconsciousEye

SubconsciousEye

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

I probably should have submitted a titlescreen for SotW 420 instead, I don't stand a chance against any of these screens.

Oh well, good luck to all of the other contestants!

#5 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

EEEEK!! I forgot to edit out the ZC editor in my image.  Fail JJ, fail!  xD

Oh well...consider it an extra sneak peek.  lol...

And man, competition looking fierce this week.  Lot more screenies.  

Oh and my boi Hoff is getting a vote, he's representing classic quite nicely too.  Although I do like Jared's shot a lot too.  :3

Edited by JJ83, 21 July 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Jared got my vote this week. :D

Fireblast's is interesting. The fact that everything is custom makes up for the size of the title screen. But it felt underwhelming due to all the black space.

JJ83's confused me at first, then I realized it was a entrance to a temple upon reading the caption. Some of the tiles feel like its trying to bring perspective; some do, some don't. The grey trees make this place feel dead too. I personally don't like the blood red colours but it does make it feel ominous.

demonlink14's makes me feel sorry for Link if he has claustrophobia, so much time and effort onto the screen that nearly of it is unwalkable. With bushes on the edge of the screen and questionable grey trees, it was kind of hard to see the great screen structure he had given it. Sorry, I don't like it yet it has potential to be a screen that would look amazing. :(

Hoff123's is really interesting, I never seen waterfalls used that way and it stands out of the NES screen crowd. But something about ground being green just bothers me. Maybe I'm used to the true NES Zelda colours. :P

Franky's purple dungeon, 0 stars is actually quite nice, save for those pillars at the bottom defying perspective. The screen offers what dungeons should; the sense that this place is going to be huge and dangerous.

Amazing job everyone. :D

Edited by Shane, 21 July 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#7 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

Lynker, by far. it's not even kind of close. no offense is intended, but I don't even really like any of the rest. well, maybe Shane's title screen. it's not bad. Hoff's waterfall is awesome, too. never mind, I like everything ever!

#8 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

JJ83's confused me at first, then I realized it was a entrance to a temple upon reading the caption. Some of the tiles feel like its trying to bring perspective; some do, some don't. The grey trees make this place feel dead too. I personally don't like the blood red colours but it does make it feel ominous.

Yeah the tree color I just wasn't sure on which one would work best.  If you have a better color suggestion that would stand out I'm more then willing to try it.  As for the perspective thing, suggestions would be helpful there too.  I wouldn't mind experimenting with other tiles.

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

I actually I like the white - it makes it feel dead (not that kind of dead. :P). Perspective-wise, the cube bricks don't work too well. I see what you are trying to archive but they have more of a flat perspective.

#10 RetraRoyale

RetraRoyale

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Everybody's screens look great for the most part.

demonlink14

This screen almost seems good, but on closer inspection it has some serious problems. It's just "one of everything evenly spaced apart", like somebody dumped some toys on the floor and spread them out. It's too messy and doesn't work. Three different 2x2 obstacles in the water, three different 2x2 trees, 3 different large trees, 2 different bushes... there is no theme to tie it together.

Franky

Not enough color, I think. The color is good, but the area with the pillars is too dense and confusing, and would benefit from something with contrast to break it up. Looks like a fun dungeon.

#11 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

Fireblast124 - 1 vote = 2.94%
JJ83 - 1 vote = 2.94%
demonlink14 - 5 votes = 14.71%
Jared - 9 votes = 26.47%
Shane - 8 votes = 23.53%
Hoff123 - 5 votes = 14.71%
Franky - 5 votes = 14.71%

Jared
Jared.png

39 members have cast votes!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jared, Fireblast124, JJ83, demonlink14, Shane, Hoff123, Franky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users