Photo

Map of the Month 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for the best map! (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

Welcome to Map of the Month 5!

I'm REALLY sorry for the HUGE delay. Summer screwed it up... I thought I had it all under control, but it seems I didn't after all.
It came one month late, I think, but hey, later is better than never, right?
We have four awesome maps this month... this will be one fierce battle!
This month, I am also introducing a new "UpgradedCaptions" system, that will hopefully make more people use captions as a part of MotM.
What it is, is simply a caption, that allows the creator to explain certain parts of their map.
Schwa's map is the first one to actually use this new feature... I hope you will all do in the future... heck, it might even earn you some votes, cause you're able to explain why there's, say, a pink door under the water. icon_biggrin.gif

Blaman
[No Caption]
Moonwhisper
[No Caption]
Majora
[No Caption]
Schwa
-This is not for Molka Elite. It's my side-project.
-There's a whole bunch of invisible warps on the map that you can't see. These warps lead to battle scenes.
-The caves lead to... caves. The two northern caves are linked. The others just have rewards inside them.
-The north end is the Northern Border and can't be passed, and the south end leads to Central Hyrule. This map is Northern Hyrule.

So, what are you waiting for? Let the battle begin!

Migo

Edited by Migokalle, 01 September 2008 - 03:13 AM.

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

Blaman:
very nice, flawless, but also somehow repetitive. Like the tree packs were placed systematically and dominating and the other were filler or such... but I like the northeast part.

Moonwhisper:
Wasn't this one in a MotM already? Anyway, good because ALttP and GB.

Majora:
Basically good, but each area has just one kind of tree and it's all over the said area? I don't say it would be bad in the future gameplay, but now it doesn't interest me that much.

Schwa:
Ah, nice AoL-ish map. This is from a secret AoL project and you use MotM to reveal it? Simply good.

My vote is earned by Blaman.

#3 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

Blaman gets my vote, awesome map, no real complaints.

-Moonwhisper
Good, as I said before, good remake of LttP.

-Majora
Quite simple designed, but pretty good for a first (right?) quest.

-Schwa
Good in it's own style, but the other maps are still better in general. Nice secret project btw.

#4 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

I normally don't post in these, but I'm making an exception as Majora's submission is not big enough to see in any real detail, at least for me. Until this is fixed, I'm afraid it wouldn't be fair for me to vote.

*Waits patiently*

#5 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

http://www.fileden.c...759/Majora2.png

I would just suggest putting that link in the post Migo.

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(Eurysilas @ Sep 1 2008, 02:41 AM) View Post

I normally don't post in these, but I'm making an exception as Majora's submission is not big enough to see in any real detail, at least for me. Until this is fixed, I'm afraid it wouldn't be fair for me to vote.

*Waits patiently*

I took it as an attribute of the map and lowered chance of vote there. I guessed he made it this small intentionally. Eh, I still would have gone with Blaman, probably...

#7 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

Moonwhisper! icon_biggrin.gif I dunno why, I'm just really attracted the the GB tileset. icon_razz.gif You makin a quest? ^_^ You're good at this kinda stuff, so why not? icon_razz.gif

Everyone else-
They were good, and I almost nulled. Than I found myself pulled to Moonwhisper's. ._. lol, weird huh? icon_razz.gif

#8 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:14 PM

Damn! blaman and Moonwhisper's map look extraordinarily amazing! My vote goes to the shot that uses my favorite of all tilesets, Pure! I voted for blaman. (Your shot looks like Mr.Z + DFW)

Edited by TriMaster001, 31 August 2008 - 09:14 PM.

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:14 AM

Majoras map was like that when I got it... so it wasn't my own fault. But it doesn't really matter... it's fixed now... Thanks.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

blaman: Wonderful! You managed to make a large field interesting on a screen by screen basis!
Moonwhisper: Wow. Just wow. It looks just like LttP. And at the same time, it feels like a GB Zelda game. Spectacular.
Majora: I believe I've already commented on this one else where.
Schwa: Are you sure that's not Zelda II? Amazing.

I can't decide. They're all so good. I'm nulling.

#11 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:14 PM

That was the size ZQuest output the maps (plural for obvious reasons, what with the piecing together and crap). Also, before anyone mentions it, I am aware of the tree-next-to-lava, and the mountain error south of the blue gravestone, the tree screen and the one directly below it have been removed, the mountain error fixed. I didn't update the map because I'm on dial-up and uploading 2 megabytes takes to frickin long >_<

#12 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:28 PM

Vote goes to Moonwhisper. I'm amazed by the map and originality.

Also, I dont know if it was said, but is it 2.10 or 2.5?

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(Lord Ike @ Sep 1 2008, 05:28 PM) View Post

Vote goes to Moonwhisper. I'm amazed by the map and originality.

Also, I dont know if it was said, but is it 2.10 or 2.5?

Are you referring to Triforce of the Gods? It's 2.5... but why ask in MotM? icon_razz.gif

#14 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

Um, sorry, i had no idea it was called triforce of Gods icon_sweat.gif icon_sorry.gif

#15 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:13 PM

Majora

I loved Blaman's and Monnwhisper's but Majora's had more diversity in my opinion. I really did love your desert though Moony.
Excellent work of AoL tiles Schwa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users