https://www.dropbox....ntio29.qst?dl=1

• Anthus, strike, Jared and 4 others like this

#47 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:31 PM

You want a massacre huh? I'll put in a room if it's a room directly before the room Moosh puts in and directly after the room James24 puts in. ..I'll give you a massacre. :evillaugh: :P

Too late, Moosh already massacred it. 

Also, I like how I killed this with my sexytastic screen.

• peteandwally likes this

#48 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:44 AM

Also, I like how I killed this with my sexytastic screen.

Well, I guess I'm a bit confused regarding rules for new combos.

Yloh and Moosh asked earlier about creating new combos for their screens and where they should go in the combo list, but nobody seems to have clarified.

So I'm curious if anybody thinks there should be a limit on how many or what kind, or if people can just go crazy with new combos as long as they're clearly classic-styled.

Because the concern might be that the quest gets continually more complex and advanced-looking as it progresses, and the authors of earlier screens might say, "well gee, if I had these resources available, I might have done this screen significantly different/better."

Expanded resources like the layerable rocks and possibly extra dungeon tiles get my attention, but I don't want a bunch of previous screen authors crying "foul!"

• Anthus likes this

#49 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:00 AM

I'm pretty sure new combos are A-OK. The point of the contest is making new screens with the flavor of each author who made it, not rebuilding old ones. If someone adds new combos, that's just more tools for people to use for future screens.

#50 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:07 AM

Two More!

EDIT: Got rid of one of the screens

06l76demmtrt5byzg.jpg

http://www.mediafire...assacre.qst.zip

Edited by TheRock, 23 April 2018 - 11:01 AM.

#51 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:22 AM

Can you do two more at once? Even if they're in different places? 

#52 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

EDIT: One more!

06l76demmtrt5byzg.jpg

http://www.mediafire...assacre.qst.zip

#53 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

No, you have to wait until someone else does one before you do the second.

#54 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

(ignore this)

Edited by Dimentio, 23 April 2018 - 11:17 AM.

#55 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

Okay so I don't have a screen shot. Sorry. I'll upload one in the future. But I added a screen to the south of the first screen. 

https://www.dropbox....ssacre.qst?dl=0

Also, what if some screens just have blatant problems? Like the screen with the entrance that you need to hammer to access doesn't have under combos. And if you exit to the left of that you can just immediately drown. And the recently added trap room, you have to get hit to get past. 

Also, there are several places in the quest where you can water walk. Don't add water as a barrier on the edges of screens : p 

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=72349

Finally, we should really use level specific keys, not general keys. Unless we want to be able to work around the player possibly being able to screw themselves over. Which I really doubt is possible. The current key that was placed down was not level specific. 

-Strike

#56 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

I'm pretty sure new combos are A-OK. The point of the contest is making new screens with the flavor of each author who made it, not rebuilding old ones. If someone adds new combos, that's just more tools for people to use for future screens.

Alright, I'll go with that for now.

Also, what if some screens just have blatant problems? Like the screen with the entrance that you need to hammer to access doesn't have under combos. And if you exit to the left of that you can just immediately drown. And the recently added trap room, you have to get hit to get past.

There should probably be a project moderator to adjust or correct things like this when the time comes.

Also, there are several places in the quest where you can water walk. Don't add water as a barrier on the edges of screens : p

Well, I wouldn't worry too much about a possible bug exploitation. 2.53 will be done quite before this, and I believe will have a quest rule related to it. If people want to intentionally exploit a bug knowing it can break progression, they can go ahead and break it at their own expense.

#57 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:32 PM

I remembered to add enemies this time! 

8cnux2cfbibzn79zg.jpg

http://www.mediafire...eenmassacre.qst

Edited by TheRock, 23 April 2018 - 06:15 PM.

• Deedee and Lüt like this

#58 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Yes, I went there:

1sm-lut-m2-s52.png

It was inevitable.

Quest: https://drive.google...utfEWG9doi4hQRC

So basically, I did a little maintenance in addition to making the screen/combos.

First, I undid the mess of dungeon wall combos and reworked them into something usable (see left column in screenshot). The floors weren't as bad, but I still touched them up and did a little re-organizing into something hopefully more sensible. And in addition to adding some very basic lower-level stuff for the dungeon, I also built a few aliases, so free-forming your dungeon screens can be significantly easier now (if that's what you want to do). Then I auto-layered the dungeon map in the same way as the overworld map, so everybody's got 3 layers to work with now (and you can reassign the screens wherever you want). Finally, I fixed the chamber and passageway screens so that players can't walk across the top and scroll into screens they don't belong in.

So, hope that helps :P

• Anthus likes this

#59 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

Rip, now I have to merge our changes. lmao

• Lightwulf likes this

#60 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:58 PM

D'oh.

Yeah I think it's time we start making claim posts, then editing our work into the post when we're done, that way there's no confusion who's working on what.

What part were you doing btw?

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users