Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#46 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hmm, gonna have to adjust my route a bit since I can't get that relic stone now.

Sword beams I think can still hit the like likes, but the hole would block the player from getting the key. So no need to adjust any keys and locks anywhere in the level. Also no need for new holes anywhere else in the level given the one at the start blocks the main way in.

#47 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

... GAJ23j4trqjk34rkj icon_aggravated.gif Sword Beams. Right. Fixed. Okay, I think that's everything. Quest file updated with the change, though it's the only change. (And the Magic Boomerang now glows, as per Mister Snooze, apparently.)

Hmm, gonna have to adjust my route a bit since I can't get that relic stone now.
Oh. Remind me why not, please? Your routes are products of legends and genius, and I feel guilty for not being privy to your masterwork. (Heaven help me if anything I say is perceived as sarcasm.)

#48 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Wow nice to see this quest being upgraded. Played it long time ago and loved it despite it being buggy and almost unplayable in parts. I will apply for a testing spot for sure if I can find some time in the coming weeks.

By the way ShadowTiger, do you know what C-Dawg is up to these days? He probably quit ZC 5 or so years ago but have you been in any communications with him, since after all you're working on his quest. You probably agree that Sabotage Dragoon was one of the most awesome things ever and it's a real shame the quest will never be finished... icon_frown.gif

Edited by Peteo, 31 January 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#49 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jan 31 2013, 07:25 PM) View Post

Wow nice to see this quest being upgraded. Played it long time ago and loved it despite it being buggy and almost unplayable in parts. I will apply for a testing spot for sure if I can find some time in the coming weeks.
Not a worry. Hop on in, submit anything, opinions or otherwise, ... it's all gravy. I'm not a whip-driver or anything.

By the way ShadowTiger, do you know what C-Dawg is up to these days? He probably quit ZC 5 or so years ago but have you been in any communications with him, since after all you're working on his quest. You probably agree that Sabotage Dragoon was one of the most awesome things ever and it's a real shame the quest will never be finished... icon_frown.gif
Ah, he got married and has children. Went to Law School during the production of DoY, I believe. He's quite happy, I'm sure. Wouldn't have any time for ZC, though he did express a desire to redo Sabotage Dragoon with the scripting that it so dearly deserves. Yes, I really can't imagine any quest better than Sabotage Dragoon. It was questing in perfection. Theme, Setting, Style, Graphic ambition, ... it had it all. If you want to keep in touch with him, ask EatinCake. He's his brother. I don't think C has a Facebook, but Eatin does. But it's not my place to invite other people into other peoples' lives. icon_razz.gif

#50 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jan 31 2013, 04:23 PM) View Post

... GAJ23j4trqjk34rkj icon_aggravated.gif Sword Beams. Right. Fixed. Okay, I think that's everything. Quest file updated with the change, though it's the only change. (And the Magic Boomerang now glows, as per Mister Snooze, apparently.)
Oh. Remind me why not, please? Your routes are products of legends and genius, and I feel guilty for not being privy to your masterwork. (Heaven help me if anything I say is perceived as sarcasm.)

Ok, will test to see if sword beams are blocked later on.

Haha, don't worry, I take some VERY weird routes through this quest. Note in the PM on the bug if you clear Volcano before Mirage, icon_naughty.gif. No regular player would do that. So the changes don't affect the routine player.

Overall the changes only alter my rather odd route through the game slightly. Would already have L3 Boomerang. On the old versions, I use Enigma Castle's relic stone to help get the OTHER item from Excavation B-3 before going into the Crypt and tanking everything out icon_lol.gif. Just have to get the relic stone from the Crypt before going back to Excavation now. Not like Crypt is excessively difficult with Blue Mail icon_razz.gif

Edited by pixcalibur, 31 January 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#51 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

In the dialogue at the end the words sews seed. It should be sows seeds
IPB Image

EDIT: Thanks pixcalibur icon_smile.gif I forgot to add that one 'Nightmere'. Was in a hurry to post. Getting a little late here, past my bedtime.

-------------------------------------

The tile above where the enemy is in the top right corner is not right.
IPB Image

Edited by Artistic, 01 February 2013 - 02:58 AM.

#52 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Lol, oh man, if we're gonna go for the spelling stuff, plenty of places were we see "Nightmere." Gonna have to change that to "Nightmare."

#53 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Yeah. It's going to be a nightmere. ... ahahaha. Seriously though, the String Editor is the single laggiest thing you'll ever see in ZQuest. It takes ten seconds for me to enter a string to edit it, much less open the list of strings when assigning one to a screen. But thanks for the updates on 'em. Yeah, I'll take spelling correction bug reports, sure. Yep.

Interesting visual bug in Excavation. I dunno what the heck that is or how it happened. O.o It was a regular tile, too, not even a secret or something.

#54 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Looked at Volcano changes, warps may be convenient for quick exit. What I was trying to get at was that after taking to Wind Fish, there's no way back to the start of Death Mountain. The only available cave is a one-way path due to the octopus things blocking the way. You can remove the rocks at 33:10 and 33:21 to allow player to hookshot out. Maybe can also put a one way warp pad at 33:22 to put the player back at 33:30

Mirrors
May want to keep access to the room with the guy in it because of the warp back to the start. Bombable wall or walk through wall maybe?

Statues
51:64 – ok to remove block and switch. To make other path more useful, can put a warp pad at 51:70 to connect to a warp pad at the top of 51:64. So now you have to go around the barrier to get in.

Map is a bit odd. A few rooms to the left of the start are unused. Just more maze rooms or something.

Rather useless map at 51:15 since you're already given it.

Deku Tree
52-55:03 – Need a key in that chest. Can't open the door at 52-55:12.

The space right below Link you can try to replace the "S" space with a hole to make a 2x3 grid hole there. That will prevent someone from using the hookshot to cross over on the W side.

IPB Image

#55 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Looked at Volcano changes, warps may be convenient for quick exit. What I was trying to get at was that after taking to Wind Fish, there's no way back to the start of Death Mountain. The only available cave is a one-way path due to the octopus things blocking the way. You can remove the rocks at 33:10 and 33:21 to allow player to hookshot out. Maybe can also put a one way warp pad at 33:22 to put the player back at 33:30
The area around the Wind Fish egg is a bit odd in terms of warps and events. There are several identical screens on several different Dmaps all doing different things. It would be awkward to work with it much. But, luckily, one of the layer screens I set up a while ago was applied to all of them, so I modified that to make a path through the boulders to a hookshot path below. I also made a new rock formation that you can move a bit to use a raft path back to the start. It's one-way though, as per the rock formation.

I just really hope nothing breaks.

Mirrors
May want to keep access to the room with the guy in it because of the warp back to the start. Bombable wall or walk through wall maybe?
Not much of a point in talking to him if he's going to give information leading to a dead end though, right? icon_shrug.gif I placed a start point in the room to the west though, with the key.

Statues
51:64 – ok to remove block and switch. To make other path more useful, can put a warp pad at 51:70 to connect to a warp pad at the top of 51:64. So now you have to go around the barrier to get in.

Map is a bit odd. A few rooms to the left of the start are unused. Just more maze rooms or something.

Rather useless map at 51:15 since you're already given it.
Oddly enough, we're given a map in F-1 (Switch) of Error's mansion. Yep. Seriously. Both used Level Number 26. So I moved the Level Number of Error's Mansion over a bit. We'll see what happens. Probably nothing. All you get is the bow anyway.

The useless rooms, I'm not worried about. I don't want to mess with C's design too much.

I did remove the block trigger dispelling the force field in Statues though, and replace it with a neat push-button that enters a mini-cinematic of the field disappearing. Tested it, and it works wonderfully.

Deku Tree
52-55:03 – Need a key in that chest. Can't open the door at 52-55:12.

The space right below Link you can try to replace the "S" space with a hole to make a 2x3 grid hole there. That will prevent someone from using the hookshot to cross over on the W side.

Key re-added. Hole created. Dinner eaten. Peace acquired. Update Uploaded.

#56 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Ok, here's another update report:

IPB Image

When you bomb this wall, this combo appears instead of the normal left cave open door, check that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IPB Image

Enemies on ceiling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IPB Image

No boss??? icon_unsettled.gif

IPB Image

Don't know if this is important, but weird secret combo by stairs...

IPB Image

Is it normal that after triggering the switch on the Train Station, the stairs that WERE here are supposed to be a pot undercombo or was that on purpose?

IPB Image

Weird pot undercombos under block that has no purpose...

IPB Image

Yet again, another weird secret combo seen by lens, normal?

IPB Image

After swimming here from the northern screen, you can't go back, since the path to return turns solid. Might be an accidental NES dungeon room...

IPB Image

Another secret combo seen by lens...

IPB Image

Are these undercombos supposed to be there or is that normal?

That would be it, until next time ShadowTiger and PureZC!

#57 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Warps inside Volcano are ok to keep I suppose. Doesn't do any harm, does supply a quick way out if you're not prepared.

Going down from screen below Wind Fish leads to this. I think a problem is from the game shuffling from 33:10 to 33:17 upon standing at the cave exit and base of stairs (where bushes are). So I go down, I may be actually going down on 33:17, which leads to nothing. Any way to keep the screen at 33:10 and not have that automatic transition to 33:17?

IPB Image - I'm on the right side of the mountain now

===========================

Are any rocks pushable at 33:20? If not, you can make the one directly left of the stake pushable, as it would be a one way path to the start.

You can remove the rocks at 33:21. Otherwise to make the return, you'd have to go through Volcano and beat the boss each time.

===========================

52-55:26 - will need a block in the lower right corner of the room to block access going down on the S side. Didn't realize that in 52-55:36, adding the hole to block W side access now allows S side access and a bit of level cutting (early magic key, skipping boss 1)

Hmm, in Deku Tree, bombing walls leaves some black square under combo next to the broken wall. Can be seen in ZQuest.

IPB Image - This is what I meant by locks carrying over to different sides.. Used my key on the S end to reach the W switch. Key doesn't duplicate, which is ok, but the lock DOES duplicate on different sides, meaning in this case, I can't open this door on the W side. The locks should not carry over if the keys don't.

Man, it is not fun trying to figure out the Deku Tree, as you have to keep track of all 4 sides.

Edited by pixcalibur, 03 February 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#58 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Whoops. In the room north of this one, it doesn't quite loop to one of the sides. Fixed that. :blush:

Thanks again everyone for the bugs. Fixed 'em all, hopefully. Tested out the Mines Boss; should work nicely this time. (Spiffied it up a tad too. Added more screens and enemies.) A little too exhausted to reply to everything. Store is selling grills this month and I don't know why. It's February. It's snowing. Right now. In February. Naturally. ... and people are deciding whether or not to grill.

Updated Quest File with snow on it.

----------

.. bleh, no, can't leave it alone. This one's important:
Going down from screen below Wind Fish leads to this. I think a problem is from the game shuffling from 33:10 to 33:17 upon standing at the cave exit and base of stairs (where bushes are). So I go down, I may be actually going down on 33:17, which leads to nothing. Any way to keep the screen at 33:10 and not have that automatic transition to 33:17?
That bush there in front of the ladderstairsthings is a very important bush. It's the trigger point that opens up the portal next to Link's bed in his house to the Twilight Lands. Link needs to kill some enemy to open that on that Dmap to trigger it. The multiple screens were just a way to handle having only one tile warp.

What I wanted to do was to force Link to continue from that point without any ability to enter the cave again to go back to wherever, so he'd have to slash the bush to get up to talk to the Wind Fish Egg, then he could go back down the ladder to a different screen that has the new path to the south open. Wish that were easy to do.

------------------------------------------------

Question for everyone and anyone:

I've actually managed to somehow, through completely batshit insane alchemy, create an event that only triggers the room's secrets if you have greater than or equal to (x) Heart Containers.

This means that we are now able to have an entrance to the Dojo (Where you learn Slash, and other new player skills brought forth in 2.5) that actually checks if you have enough health to enter. It works. Wonderfully. Tested it out a bunch just now.

So we have to decide, how many Hearts should the player have before they're allowed to train in the Dojo?

This doesn't mean that it'll be free, of course. The skill might be highly expensive. I plan on the rupee cost being around 1,200. What does everyone think about this?

Each subsequent skill will cost about 300 rupees, with their upgrade costing 400. I don't think the upgrades are that worth it.

They also might have a gift shop that lets you buy a lot of good stuff. I might use the shop script for that, actually. Just because. icon_shrug.gif

#59 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Great scott! It's been a while since I've last reported... (geez, I hate homework icon_evil.gif ) Anyways, here is what I've found:

IPB Image

Check the bottom left corner, there is a tile thats wrong placed.
IPB Image

Secret combos as seen by lens, check please.
IPB Image

Enemies on ceiling...
IPB Image

Wrong tiles in front of Link. Should be open bombed wall.
IPB Image

Maybe not so important, but check here where Link is standing, since there is no statue that causes the wind to blow (I hope you understand what I meant.)
IPB Image

Check the pits on the next floor of Storm Tower, since if you fall from the wrong edge, you may end up getting stuck here trying to fall unto the heart piece on the north screen from here.
IPB Image

Check the top right tiles, looks weird.
IPB Image

Enemies on ceiling, (sorry, I killed them before taking the shot).
IPB Image

Check the solid combos on the left from Link, since you can go west from this screen to this screen as shown:

IPB Image
IPB Image

Again, enemies on ceiling.
IPB Image

Check the statue like things, since they're missing the top circle thingie (you know what I mean).
IPB Image

Possible empty guy room?
IPB Image

Same here.

Well, that's pretty much it... Till next time guys.

#60 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Great scott! It's been a while since I've last reported... (geez, I hate homework icon_evil.gif ) Anyways, here is what I've found:

IPB Image

Check the bottom left corner, there is a tile thats wrong placed.

Nice find. Can't believe nobody ever noticed that. icon_heh.gif Takes some real diligence.

IPB Image

Secret combos as seen by lens, check please.
What do I look like to you, a waiter? icon_blah.gif I ain't gots no check for ya's. This one I'm not at all concerned about, but I turned the warp combo into a new combo that looks like the floor. Just for you. icon_razz.gif

IPB Image

Enemies on ceiling...
Hate those. Fixed a whole bunch of them for the next release. Actually the scene from the swamp in this bug report already had the No Enemy flags up there. Makes me suspicious.
IPB Image

Wrong tiles in front of Link. Should be open bombed wall.
That's one of those stupid bugs that I remember fixing over and over again, and now I think I'm just going crazy. Fixed.
IPB Image

Maybe not so important, but check here where Link is standing, since there is no statue that causes the wind to blow (I hope you understand what I meant.)
Actually, there's not that much of a reason for the wind to not join the rest of the wind and form a whole block. It's fine as it is.
IPB Image

Check the pits on the next floor of Storm Tower, since if you fall from the wrong edge, you may end up getting stuck here trying to fall unto the heart piece on the north screen from here.
Yeah this one might get weird. Thanks for catching it. I'm amazed that was possible.
IPB Image

Check the top right tiles, looks weird.
Not much to do about that. Not many tiles in the tileset for that.
IPB Image

Enemies on ceiling, (sorry, I killed them before taking the shot).
The No Enemies flags were already in place. When is your latest version from? Because I really hope those flags work...
IPB Image

Check the solid combos on the left from Link, since you can go west from this screen to this screen as shown:
Nice find!! Nobody ever looks to go there.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Again, enemies on ceiling.

IPB Image

Check the statue like things, since they're missing the top circle thingie (you know what I mean).
No graphics for it. icon_unsettled.gif Doesn't really matter.
IPB Image

Possible empty guy room?
IPB Image

Same here.
Well, that's pretty much it... Till next time guys.

Oddly enough, they do have Guys and Strings, and were documented in MeleeWizard's Let's Plays just fine. If the bug is on your end, .. well that's just weird. But the Dmap flag "Guys appear in caves only" was on. I unchecked it. Can you test them again in a new revision?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users