Sideview

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 August 2021 - 02:03 AM

Title says almost all. I am working on finishing Grayswandir`s ancient sideview engine (staircases and other sideview stuff), but swimming, including full-on underwater combat, even though technically works as intended, albeit untested thoroughly, looks real weird. I need 2 frame sideview Link swimming tiles, including all 4 orthogonal directions and wielding all kinds of shields (small, magic, mirror etc.) for Classis/Cambria tileset. Bonus points for sideview water splash animation.

Edited by Alucard648, 29 August 2021 - 03:30 AM.

#2 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 07 October 2021 - 01:43 PM

You said you needed shield tiles, but which direction is the shield going to be? In front, to the side, or behind?

#3 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 October 2021 - 02:44 AM

You said you needed shield tiles, but which direction is the shield going to be? In front, to the side, or behind?

Front facing, in direction Link is facing in, for all directions. just like classic Link tiles.

#4 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:44 AM

Here they are, sorry if they're kind of crummy but I was running out of time because the engine is getting released soon.

lN76E4z.png

Here is the splash into/out of water effect and air bubble effect from Super Mario Bros. 3. I also added/edited the chests to have non-pixelated quality, 4 colours on the small ones, and to have non-locked and boss-locked versions.

WmXuQck.png

I'm thinking you can either they are solid and open them from the side and by pressing a button, or they are walkable and can be opened by overlapping them and pressing a button.

All of this will also show up on the database.

Edited by P-Tux7, 27 October 2021 - 12:47 AM.

• Shane and Alucard648 like this

#5 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 27 October 2021 - 10:12 AM

Wow, those sprites are cute! One problem still exist: sideways Mirror Shield Link swimming sprites are the same as No Shield ones. 

Water splash animation is ok.

As for treasure chests, I don`t like how the hinge was portrayed, But this was directly from SMB3. I also not fond of having to rely on lock size to determine tyoe of lock.

As for mechanics, I would prefer non-solid variant.

Edit: Here is my attempt for sideview treasure chests. Happy Halloween!

Hkkj7JG.png

Edited by Alucard648, 27 October 2021 - 05:59 PM.

#6 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 27 October 2021 - 11:55 AM

Wow, those sprites are cute! One problem still exist: sideways Mirror Shield Link swimming sprites are the same as No Shield ones. 

Water splash animation is ok.

As for treasure chests, I don`t like how the hinge was portrayed, But this was sirectly from SMB3. I also not font of having to rely on lock size to determine tyoe of lock.

As for mechanics, I world prefer non-solid variant.

Edit: Here is my attempt for sideview treasure chests. Happy Halloween!

Hkkj7JG.png

That looks great, and also sorry about the shield tiles, it's fixed in the database version and you should just copy the magic shield tiles for the mirror shield since in Classic they look the same from the side.

• Alucard648 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sideview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users