• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:20 PM

Hi everyone,

Is there a stable version that works for Mac? I tried downloading MacOZ v2.50.2 from ZeldaClassic.com but I can't even get it to open/load any quest files :( any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:19 PM

I use a Mac and I got it to work. I do know you can only have ether Zelda Classic opened or ZQuest opened at a time. 

Maybe try 2.50 from ZeldaClassic.com? Link to the archives of ZeldaClassic.com: https://www.zeldacla...wnload-archive/

#3 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:33 PM

Tried it. I just get a black screen and when I tried loading a quest all I get is an error message saying "unable to open quest file" :(

#4 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:09 AM

Sounds like translocation. In Finder, move the ZC and ZQuest applications to another folder. That should be all it takes to disable it. You can move them back afterward.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#5 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:39 PM

Ah that totally worked, thanks! :D

#6 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:05 PM

Hi everyone,

Is there a stable version that works for Mac? I tried downloading MacOZ v2.50.2 from ZeldaClassic.com but I can't even get it to open/load any quest files :( any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks!

Please note that the next OSX release will make ZC unusable. Period.

Apple are ceasing support for all 32-bit apps in the next OSX version, hence why a new Mac build has not been a priority, as ZC is firmly locked into being 32b, not 64b, for a version or three.

Other than that, I should probably update the OSX downloads on zc.com with a setup.txt file to explain translocation.

None of my Apple systems have the Gatekeeper 'feature': My latest OSX is Snow Leopard. :P

Rant follows:

Spoiler

#7 klop422

klop422

Evil Crazy Mastermind

• Members

Posted 26 July 2019 - 12:00 PM

Gatekeeper is Apple's way of forcing devs to use the iTunes Store and stifle open-source software, ans MS copied that into Windows 8/10 with their own store,with Windows Defender, which IMO is ransomware targeted at open-source and other low-budget developers. If you aren't a paid MS dev, you can't get whitelisted by WD, and if you aren't a paid Apple Dev, you can't be whitelisted by Gatekeeper.

"Gatekeeper" seems a fitting name then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users