Photo

The Legend of Zelda: The Meaning of Christmas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (11 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this quest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Dec 17 2007, 08:24 PM) View Post

I will.

But wait - Classic just really isn't your thing? I don't like when people give a rating based on tileset choice. ~_~ It's the only thing I have a smidgen of experience in/time to use. Don't worry, after EW I'm moving on to PTUX.

Well, that isn't the only reason for the rating. There were times when I just felt like I had to barge into some rooms and try to kill one madly while death knights were clobbering me. Let's just say difficult enemies in tight quarters isn't my thing.

#17 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

Ah. Well, that I cannot deny.

But wait a sec - I didn't put any deathknights in the quest. O_o

#18 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:50 AM

I was going to play this soonish...

But you made it with Gleeok in mind?
Gleeok?

*Runs and hides from hordes of wizrobes*

Is it really that hard?

#19 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

No. In fact, Gleeok would probably scoff at it. I can beat it with a death count around 20, and I wussed out at LI. Still, it should give any player a run for his money and an ounce of frustration at some points.

#20 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Dec 17 2007, 05:13 PM) View Post

Eh, I'm sorry about that. Classic just really isn't my thing. Just focus more on the 3 5/5s you've gotten so far. icon_razz.gif

You're knocking off point for the tileset choice!? That's not really fair. Especially since its hard to transition from classic to a newer tileset in two weeks. Much less make a quest with an unfamiliar tileset in two weeks.

#21 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:52 PM

I gave it 5 stars as I finished it and had fun doing it. Liked the Santa.

In all honesty, I didn't find it that tough. I beat it with 14 deaths and without the red ring or magic sword, as I forgot about the hint and found neither. The only time it got really hard was in Level 4 prior to obtaining the hammer, and even then, the blue ring together with a red potion kept it somewhat manageable. Level 4 accounted for either 10 or 11 of my 14 deaths. Level 3 darknuts with only the white sword are not fun.

#22 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Dec 18 2007, 03:14 PM) View Post

You're knocking off point for the tileset choice!? That's not really fair. Especially since its hard to transition from classic to a newer tileset in two weeks. Much less make a quest with an unfamiliar tileset in two weeks.

Let me say this again, I don't like Classic. BUT I'm not taking off a star for Classic...

I'm taking two stars off because:
~Didn't have fun after level 2
~I didn't like the difficulty level.

(Man I knew I shouldn't of rated it a 3/5. icon_sweat.gif)
3/5 ISN'T a bad rating, 3/5 is good. I'd understand this if I gave it a one...but I didn't...

#23 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(FerentzRocks @ Dec 19 2007, 12:52 PM) View Post

I gave it 5 stars as I finished it and had fun doing it. Liked the Santa.

In all honesty, I didn't find it that tough. I beat it with 14 deaths and without the red ring or magic sword, as I forgot about the hint and found neither. The only time it got really hard was in Level 4 prior to obtaining the hammer, and even then, the blue ring together with a red potion kept it somewhat manageable. Level 4 accounted for either 10 or 11 of my 14 deaths. Level 3 darknuts with only the white sword are not fun.

Thank you for your rating! You're too kind. icon_smile.gif Wow, you're really good at ZC if you only died 14 times and you didn't even get the Red Ring or Magic Sword.

I'm taking two stars off because:
~Didn't have fun after level 2
~I didn't like the difficulty level.

Fair enough. 3/5 isn't a bad rating - it's not a good one either... it's just... average. I'm okay with one person thinking I'm average. icon_smile.gif

#24 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:09 AM

It's not that you are average, it's that the quest is ok to me. Can't stress that enough.

#25 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:27 PM

Okay.

Hey, who else gave it a 3? Care to give me a shout and tell me what was wrong with it?

EDIT: By the way, the point system for 1st, 2nd, and third place isn't based off of average, right? It's added up, right?

Otherwise, if two new people gave Joe a 1, then he would lose, despite the fact that he obviously has the most popular quest. Likewise, even though I have two extra ratings, CC's quest would beat mine on average.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 22 December 2007 - 03:29 PM.

#26 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:46 PM

We are working that out, at first we were just going to do the average, but then I did see some weird 1s floating around. So as of now, I really don't know.

#27 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:55 PM

What I say is add up the points. That way, the 1's will actually add to the person who got them's score, if only a little. Seems more fair, doesn't it?

That way, you also get points for getting the most people to play your game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users